Kyosho/Cox Gallop MK I

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderator: GoMachV

Phin
Approved Member

Re: Kyosho/Cox Gallop MK I

Post by Phin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:06 pm

How many teeth are on the final pinion? Again looks like the Gallop uses the same module gears as the Optima and Ultima, so you could do what people have done for a final pinion for those car and find a mod .8 or 32 pitch motor pinion with the right number of teeth.

Or, a couple of other cars you can look at for final pinion gears might be the MRP Pro 110 or Ishipla Monster.

unixphreak

Post by unixphreak » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:36 pm

Ok, i have two 17t pinions in the mail mod .8. Now i need to source some 4 & 6 mm spacers to shim the bearing sets i will be putting this Gallop and the 2nd one i acquired this week. And to clean up the shim job someone else did with the Progress i got last week.

Will have some partial assembly pics hopefully tonight gonna do the front and rear suspensions.

unixphreak

Post by unixphreak » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:24 am

I have found another oddity of this Gallop compared to my Gallop with silver shock and my Progress and the parts Gallop with silver shocks. The. Gold shock Gallop has thicker rear shock towers. Now I have to think that this is a revision that was close to the last before the MK II or it was in a total wreck and had all this stuff replaced.

Recap Gold shocks, Front upper arms with mounting holes for MKII shocks, thicker rear shock towers this has me looking over this build with a fine tooth comb now.
WP_20180204_22_06_13_Pro.jpg