Traxxas Transmitters

The place for all things Traxxas.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Farabomb
Approved Member

Traxxas Transmitters

Post by Farabomb »

So yeah, I'm a moron and was in a rush and didn't do my research as I should have. I was planning on using the transmitter from my mrevo in my RC10 Worlds reissue. I didn't consult the compatibility guide and I bought a 6519 3 channel receiver. Unfortunately I have a 2238 Transmitter so I needed a 2218 5 channel in order to have them link. In my defense, I didn't even look at 5 channel receivers because, well my transmitter is 2 channel.

Anyway, I'm a moron and was distracted by my new shiny shelf queen that is now a runner because, well new and shiny. :lol:

I'm going to hit up the LHS and hope they have a 2218 in stock. If they don't I was wondering how good is the 6530? I have to retire my Futaba 3PJ and was considering getting a new radio. I don't think I need to spend $500 on a radio but I know me, I'll spend extra to have options I won't use. I have Koni adjustable shocks on my car thinking I'll be adjusting them all the time for conditions. Yeah, in reality they are on full stiff as soon as the summer tires are on and if I remember, I turn them down a bit when the snow tires go on.

Will the 6530 do me just fine for bashing and occasional club racing when I'm not playing with the 1:1 racrecar? I never really used all the 3PJ's bells and whistles. Is there enough adjustablity in the traxxas transmitters for aftermarket servos and such? I will have to replace a receiver or 2 but at $20, it's better than the $65 I paid for my last Futaba FM one.
When in doubt, throttle out. It may not help the situation but it will end the suspense

RC: Org RC10 ReRe RC10 Worlds RC18T RC18B RC18R SCX10 Wraith MREV T-Maxx Subaru Brat Blackfoot QX180 ProtoX PFV and Nano

Crewchief for AZPInstalls BRZ PTD racecar

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: Traxxas Transmitters

Post by klavy69 »

That will work fine for bashing and the occasional club racing...unless you are a hardcore racer. If you are a hardcore racer that thinks you need all the bells and whistles that you will never use then go out and pay way more but otherwise non-pro racers/bashers like me have just as much fun with that 6530 :wink:

would've been a helluva lot simpler just to get the 2218 though :mrgreen:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Farabomb
Approved Member

Post by Farabomb »

That's only if I can find a 2218 local. I make sure I spend money at LHS but they are stocking less and less around me. One slow friday at work I had to deliver something. I went to 4 hobby shops looking to spend money. I bought one wrench.

Worst case I'll have to order one if I can find it. Tower is showing the 2218 as the same one that I have. It says it's compatible but the picture is wrong. Since I can't find where they list the traxxxas part # I'm a little leery of ordering it.
When in doubt, throttle out. It may not help the situation but it will end the suspense

RC: Org RC10 ReRe RC10 Worlds RC18T RC18B RC18R SCX10 Wraith MREV T-Maxx Subaru Brat Blackfoot QX180 ProtoX PFV and Nano

Farabomb
Approved Member

Post by Farabomb »

Well, the 2218 is discontinued and the Local doesn't have one.

But the local is a traxxas power-up dealer so tomorrow I'm going down with the old transmitter and receiver and picking up a TQi 4 channel for $100 or so. Is it the best option? Not sure but I will have the option of telemetry and I'll have 2 receivers. It's nice that traxxas offers to upgrade and you're not stuck with old tech.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Just go to ebay and search for "traxxas 2218" and you'll find a better price on it. I've had tons of luck with my kids and grandkids running them and picked up most of mine off ebay from 15-20 bucks each...sometimes with the transmitter too for that price 8) .

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Farabomb
Approved Member

Post by Farabomb »

I have a unfounded hatred of Ebay for some reason. I really shouldn't as my brother gets stuff off there all the time and has had no issues. Hell, he bought a truck off it last week.

No doubt I can find a few on there but with the fact it's no longer produced they will become less and less common. If I bite the bullet and spend the $100 I'll have a new 4ch transmitter on the 2.4 spectrum that might solve some of my mystery interference issues. I actually would like to cut down on some of my transmitters. I won't throw them out seeing as I still have my Futaba attack-r stick radio somewhere.