One thread for all my junk...

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

One thread for all my junk...

Post by Ron Jeremy »

Instead of starting numerous threads, I'll just put everything in here and add to it as I have time or get updated pics.

I have fairly nice digital cameras, but not a lot of photography skills. I understand most of the basic theory, but I have a heck of a time applying it. My creativity is lacking as well, and that don't help :)

I'll start with my Worlds Car.
I bought this at the track/hobby shop that I practically lived at from '91 to '98 and visitied occasionally until recently (they are an airplane only shop now. Crazy, eh?
The old guy that owned it put full retail on all the kits and subsequently sold very few. Only people who had no clue bought kits from him. The regulars went down the street. Anyways, the end result was old kits sitting in the very disorganized "back room". In about 2003 I stopped in just for the heck of it and got to talking with him. He had all these crazy old kits still int he box! He wouldn't sell the to anyone because he figured they were going to use that new fangled Internet to sell them on eBay. After convincing him that there was NO WAY I was going to sell his treasures on eBay, he let me in the back room. At the time I didn't have a bunch of cash, which is so utterly sad. So I only bought the one Worlds Car he had, which is the kit I had been jonesing for.

And the pic I just took today. The best one out of like 20, haha. And it STILL sucks.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

very nice! I wish I had one... do you still have the RCPS Mirage body?

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

Post by Ron Jeremy »

Yes, I kept everything.
I never ran it.
I almost never sell anything, so I have electronics coming out the wazoo. When they get old I put them in my old shelf queens.
My goal is to get era correct electronic gizmos in all my old RC stuff.
What you see in the pic is a Tekin 411G or 411P, can't remember which, and an old Tekin FM RX, a 2000 Mah pack, and a KO 1012 FET boosted servo. Of all that stuff, only the servo doesn't work. I accidentally hooked it up to way too many volts when conducting some fan car experiments. I had forgotten about the direct wired FET lead, and... bzzzt.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

were all the parts from your original kit black ? If yes, it would mean there were two production sets, one with some white parts and an other (later) "black widow"... :?:

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

Post by Ron Jeremy »

The car is unmodified in any way.
Here is another pic taken on the day I built it (about the day I bought it, haha).

I spoke with AE years and years ago about black parts. They said, basically, that they made no effort or promise to include any particular kit with any particular color and would mix/match if needed based on supply. They phased from white to black over a long period it seems.

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

Post by Ron Jeremy »

Hmm... looks like a 411 P2 :)

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

Post by Ron Jeremy »

Perhaps one of the best weeks in my RC collecting career happened some time in Feb 2002. I was perusing my server logs (ya, I get really bored some times) and found someone linking to one of my RC10 pics on eBay (posting my pics in his auction, even). So I went to the auction page and sent the guy a message. I was polite and basically told him that was not very cool. Steal someone else's bandwidth, you know?
He was apologetic and asked what he should do because he didn't know much about the Internet. I told him to carry on, and BTW do you have any more of these old kits? He was like, a bunch of them. I got kinda excited and suggested we make a deal. I ended up buying several MIB RC10's from him.
Here is an RC10 6036 I got from him. It is equipped with one of my favorite ESC's ever, the mighty Tekin 410K. It plays a little song when you turn it on (more accurately, the motors plays a song). There is also a 1400 SCR pack, a Tekin RX, a Futaba S148 servo, and a Trinity Slot Machine motor.

EDIT: calmed it down a bit.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Very nice stuff..... and give yourself some credit, your photog skills are not that bad.

Jay

FlyinGN
Approved Member

Post by FlyinGN »

beautiful car ron... That would be my dream car in fact..

Frank

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Sweet. 8)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

nice rides. :)

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

Post by Ron Jeremy »

Thanks, all.
Pretty soon I will be embarking on a custom vintage, but for now all I have is almost box stock vintage stuff... save for a few projects that are reaching vintage age, but didn't start out as vintage projects :)

Here is my RC10 B2. An eBay score. Original owner had painted the body and lost the gear cover, and for some reason replaced the stock spur gear. I have yet to correct these missing or incorrect items.
The car was built, but new. The box was not in good shape. I think I am using for storage right now.
This car is outfitted with a Tekin 411-G2 ESC, Novak XXL RX, Futaba 148 servo (I bought a ton of these strictly for putting in my vintage cars. They are cheap), and a Trinity Speed Gems Sapphire 17x1 motor.

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

JRX-T

Post by Ron Jeremy »

I have two JRX-T Losi trucks. The first one I got on eBay. It was built and had a painted body, but had never been run. It had been sitting in a damp place because it was pretty rusted up, however, but was easy to restore. The second one was given to me by a good friend who found one in a hobby shop. He knew I was collecting some old stuff, so got it for me.

Here is the first one:

One condition of the 2nd one as a gift was that he and I drink some beers and build it one evening.

And for kicks, here is the interesting rear suspension

Since I had a perfect one, I decided to run the first one I got. I put era correct electronics in it (but a newer battery) and went to the local track.
Here is a short clip I took with my digital camera.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

Is the decal sheet for the JRXT still uncut? Any chance you can scan it for me?

Ron Jeremy
Approved Member

Post by Ron Jeremy »

mrlexan wrote:Is the decal sheet for the JRXT still uncut? Any chance you can scan it for me?
What format would you like them in?

Will a 600 DPI .png work for you? (7 megs)