Tc3 "O" ?

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...
mark in wi
Approved Member

Re: Tc3 "O" ?

Post by mark in wi »

I thought if were not tooo expencive I could try something like this. He likes to drive it now. He likes to use it to jump the curb so I need something more off road for him. Funny thing is he doesn't want to jump my sc10 or my gold pan - just my tc3. :? I was even thinking about some b44 fronts all around for alittle more ground clearence so he can drive through the garden/grass.

Going back and trying to read everything I kinda feel bad about asking questions about an old thread but.....so much good info I just have to ask.

Thanks for the info
Mark

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Mark,
you could try these wheels:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001124075&I=LXMX92&P=K
they fit your tc3 and they are 2.2 rims so you can use any 2.2 buggy tires to give you a little more ground clearance.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

DJ1978

Post by DJ1978 »

mark in wi wrote:I thought if were not tooo expencive I could try something like this. He likes to drive it now. He likes to use it to jump the curb so I need something more off road for him. Funny thing is he doesn't want to jump my sc10 or my gold pan - just my tc3. :? I was even thinking about some b44 fronts all around for alittle more ground clearence so he can drive through the garden/grass.

Going back and trying to read everything I kinda feel bad about asking questions about an old thread but.....so much good info I just have to ask.

Thanks for the info
Mark
I sell Shumacher wheels and adapters for them at the RC Product Designs website. They add a little off set too.

mark in wi
Approved Member

Post by mark in wi »

klavy69 wrote:Mark,
you could try these wheels:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&W=001124075&I=LXMX92&P=K
they fit your tc3 and they are 2.2 rims so you can use any 2.2 buggy tires to give you a little more ground clearance.

Todd
Thanks for the link! Do you think that the fronts from the b44 would also work? Those are available at the LHS and my wife would not have to see the order on the credit card. :(
Thanks again

Mark

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

nope, the front b44 have a smaller hex drive. Unless you can change over to all new front hex drives from a b44. Can't say I know it would work.

Another alternative is that you have the LHS order those wheels in for you. Most hobby shops would be happy to take the business away from their cybercompetitors :wink: . You could pick them up there and she wouldn't be in the loop on the c.c. order. :mrgreen:

Todd

mark in wi
Approved Member

Post by mark in wi »

klavy69 wrote:nope, the front b44 have a smaller hex drive. Unless you can change over to all new front hex drives from a b44. Can't say I know it would work.

Another alternative is that you have the LHS order those wheels in for you. Most hobby shops would be happy to take the business away from their cybercompetitors :wink: . You could pick them up there and she wouldn't be in the loop on the c.c. order. :mrgreen:

Todd

I think theLHS is my best choice. Thanks again
Mark

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

haha sorry I missed this thread. Yes I still have my TC3"O". I reviewed it for RC Driver in 2005 and have kept the car every since. I raced it in the 05 ROAR elec nats here in CT and found that the car was too heavy with the TC3 "tub" chassis and because it (the chassis) was so wide the car didn't work very well on dusty surfaces like what we ran that race on. I feel like it would work better on something more grooved because it was just so stiff and those delrin arms were beefy. I converted mine over to graphite with an old IRS chassis kit I picked up so it's more BJ4'ish these days (and FAR lighter than it was before) but haven't driven it since out of fear I'd break it. Dan is a SUPER awesome guy and he actually sent me a handful of arms that he had left in stock so maybe I will sometime. I at least will bring it to the Vonats this year to show everyone in case anyone wants to get a peek.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Oh and the reason the car didn't take off like the BJ4 did was because RCPD couldn't really get the cars made the same way that JConcepts could. Even considering both were start up companies at the time, Jason had a lot more know how, connections, resources and help within the RC industry where as Dan (RCPD owner) was just machining the parts himself and doing this totally grass roots style out of his shop in Michigan. I think both cars will go down in history as cars that changed everything. I have both sitting across from each other in my collection. Man what I would do to get my hands on one of those early Durangos just to finish off the shelf though!

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Glad this thread got dug up, it was a good read, especially given my nTC3-e/rally conversion and my b44. Cool to get some more history on this stuff. I know it's not the same, but FWIW my nTC3-e/rally is a total blast to drive, and handles pretty darn well. 8)
I wouldn't mind having a TC3-O in my small but growing collection

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

I wonder how many people we could get together on here and then ask Dan REAL NICE if he'll make a few of them for us!

klavy69

Post by klavy69 »

Erich Reichert wrote:I wonder how many people we could get together on here and then ask Dan REAL NICE if he'll make a few of them for us!
You could count on one here 8)

Todd

pumpkinfish
Approved Member

Post by pumpkinfish »

I remember back in the day going back and forth between a TC3 "O" and a BJ4x4. I eventually went with the BJ4x4 and remember waiting on that preorder list forever! I regret selling my BJ4x4 all these years later. Depending on price I might consider a TC3 "O".

janaya
Approved Member

Post by janaya »

I would consider one as well, I sold my original BJ4 to get the worlds kit instead of converting it. I then sold the BJ4 worlds kit after leaving the hobby for a few years. I'm kicking my self in the behind for doing so, even more after trying to get a replacement for a couple years now and they just don't come along.
Javier -

RC10 Shelfer, RC10 Worlds Car Runner, RC10T Shelfer, RC10T2 Runner, SC18, JConcepts BJ4, B5M and counting.
RC10T WOIN Build http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=32541

aip47-2008
Approved Member

Post by aip47-2008 »

Erich Reichert wrote: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:16 pm I wonder how many people we could get together on here and then ask Dan REAL NICE if he'll make a few of them for us!

Well! Lets ask Erich.

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

No need to anymore. I bought the design from him last year and am reproducing the car myself :)