It's back to the 80's - or What to do with a Trackmaster belt drive

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

LaserRC10

Re: It's back to the 80's - or What to do with a Trackmaster belt drive

Post by LaserRC10 »

very cool, i actually have 6 trackmaster trans, 2 direct 4 belt, i also make all my own trackmaster chassis and parts. and those losi bell cranks. nice build.
Attachments
trackmasters2.JPG

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

I remember these from bitd - very cool. However, without a cover, I never understood how they kept dirt out of the pulleys.
Doug

LaserRC10

Post by LaserRC10 »

ye i always thought the same thing about the dirt, i never really did run any in dirt myself i only had 1 when i was younger, and the ones i have now i have plans for some onroad car setups, maybe one in my rc10 bigboytoys sprint for fun. but it wont see dirt lol

blubblood
Approved Member

Post by blubblood »

LaserRC10 - What type of chassis do you make? I still have a direct drive in the bag and I'm not sure what to do with it; sell it or build something else.
I'm pretty happy with the chassis, but there are 2 things I'd change. I'd prefer a carbon chassis but couldn't find a clean one. Second, I'd like to find a rack and pinion steering box - had one somewhere but I can't find it. It may not be the most competitive, but the collection of aftermarket parts is pretty unique.

blubblood
Approved Member

Post by blubblood »

BTW, did you see the bracket on the Trackmaster for the brace/rear body mount? Seems to have corrected a Trackmaster weakness. JWSCAB whipped them up for me and GoMachV cut the brace/mount.
Attachments
bracket1.jpg
bracket.jpg

LaserRC10

Post by LaserRC10 »

blubblood wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:13 pm LaserRC10 - What type of chassis do you make? I still have a direct drive in the bag and I'm not sure what to do with it; sell it or build something else.
I'm pretty happy with the chassis, but there are 2 things I'd change. I'd prefer a carbon chassis but couldn't find a clean one. Second, I'd like to find a rack and pinion steering box - had one somewhere but I can't find it. It may not be the most competitive, but the collection of aftermarket parts is pretty unique.
i made the stock trackmaster chassis with the front offsets and without, also with a more narrow front spacing ( by .5" narrow ) for my perso nal setup. i had seen the dif mounts in other posts, i could make easily if i needed i guess. looks good.

blubblood
Approved Member

Post by blubblood »

It's looking more like a real truck... Added an A&L Roadkill body, custom mounts and Sees wheels and foams. My only question is, do I dump the Sees wheels, cut the rear wheel wells, and mount HPI 2.2 rims w/foams?
Attachments
rk4.jpg
rk1.jpg
rk5.jpg
rk6.jpg
rk7.jpg
rk10.jpg