What to do with a clapped out RC10.

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

templeofspeed
Approved Member

What to do with a clapped out RC10.

Post by templeofspeed »

This RC10 has been a buggy. a monster truck, a parking lot basher, and who knows what else... So many extra holes for various wood screws, plywood servo mounts and who knows what else.
P1010085.JPG
P1010084.JPG
Back in the mid 1990's I bought a lot of parts that were readily available to resurrect it as a "vintage class" racer as the local club wanted to have a vintage class race (which turned out to be basically a demolition derby). Meh.
P1010083.JPG

Fast forward to the RC10 re-release. New plastics installed to replace the completely worn out originals, new .56 front (TC3/DS) teflon front and 1.32 rear shock bodies, JC front shock tower, Lunsford turnbuckles, MIP CVD's, and some new PL rubber for some chrome PL wheel outers. I had rebuilt the original gearbox back in the day, so left it alone. I did consider building my Thorp/Losi/Jammin' 48dp transmission, but why possibly ruin all that vintage goodness that would never be seen...
P1010072.JPG
P1010080.JPG

Then went further with JC Hazard wheels and Double D/Rips tires.
P1010066.JPG
KO EX5-UR 2.4 radio and receiver, Novak Fusion ESC, Trinity Komodo Dragon 19t motor, 94737 Airtronics servo, LiPo battery.
P1010074.JPG
P1010076.JPG
It drives nice, the Novak Fusion has two profiles, stock and modified, the modified profile is perfect for the 19t motor. Considering the life this thing has led, I thought it would be nice to get it back to race car status. I actually donated another similar chassis to my friend at the LHS and he built a similar car. Saving one old chassis at a time...