Help Me ID this old RC10

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Phin
Approved Member

Re: Help Me ID this old RC10

Post by Phin »

This hobby ain't cheap. ;)

I'm not trying to make you spend money...I'm trying to spare you potential disappointment and save a neat little time capsule of an RC10. Foam core chassis weren't sturdy even when they were new. They were a "failed experiment" that sacrificed strength to save weight. An aluminum tub with a stealth trans would definitely make a better runner....especially with brushless motors.

If you have no connection to this car as it is then, instead of replacing every bit of it, you could sell it and put the money towards a tub car.

Merc1973

Post by Merc1973 »

Phin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:11 pm This hobby ain't cheap. ;)

I'm not trying to make you spend money...I'm trying to spare you potential disappointment and save a neat little time capsule of an RC10. Foam core chassis weren't sturdy even when they were new. They were a "failed experiment" that sacrificed strength to save weight. An aluminum tub with a stealth trans would definitely make a better runner....especially with brushless motors.

If you have no connection to this car as it is then, instead of replacing every bit of it, you could sell it and put the money towards a tub car.
I know, but the peer pressure, lol. Man, you're not kidding. Even today with older cars its still spendy. Too many hobbies: cb radios, firearms, my 1968 M35A2 (deuce and a half), landscaping, home improvment... not to mention my kids.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Just a heads up to the OP. I edited your post for some reasoning in here.

Looks like a fun project. Definitely understand the multiple hobbies. The house, kids, firearms, etc. all add up and the R/C stuff has taken to the backburner as of late. Good luck with your project.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Merc1973

Post by Merc1973 »

klavy69 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:06 pm Just a heads up to the OP. I edited your post for some reasoning in here.

Looks like a fun project. Definitely understand the multiple hobbies. The house, kids, firearms, etc. all add up and the R/C stuff has taken to the backburner as of late. Good luck with your project.

Todd
Thanks, be more aware of asking appraisals. :wink: This is such an awesome site, so much info, not enough time to read it all. I think I will go forward with the build, this is not going to be run hard or abused, keeping in mind the Foam Core is the weak link. It may get run 1 or 2 times a year as I never was a racer.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Merc1973 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:48 pm this is not going to be run hard or abused, keeping in mind the Foam Core is the weak link. It may get run 1 or 2 times a year as I never was a racer.
if that is the case that chassis will be more than strong enuf for what you are after. Its got plenty of potential. Would make an ideal refurbisher 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!