Adam Rayls' killer RC10B2 racer

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Re: Adam Rayls' killer RC10B2 racer

Post by littleVETTE »

RC10th wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:07 am What is the truck , 10T?
RJ, it's a t2. the same truck i highlighted in my rear t2 shock tower mod thread: https://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=37072

that truck has a lot of fans as well. i'll be doing a thread for his t2 truck shortly. give me some time to get the details on it.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

That's what I couldn't work out, the rear shock tower humps and body were screaming T2 but I couldn't work out what it was. The grill decals didn't help either.

Thanks for the clarification.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

RC10th wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:54 am That's what I couldn't work out, the rear shock tower humps and body were screaming T2 but I couldn't work out what it was. The grill decals didn't help either.

Thanks for the clarification.
his paint job is a pretty good camo for those body lines lol

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Now, that's an awesome looking buggy, and I'm not here to judge or put anyone down, but that thing is about as vintage as my B6 :lol: I understand it probably meets all the requirements for its class, but when you install brushless power, lipo, modern radio, carbon fiber shock towers, modern big bore shocks, 2.2 wheels and modern racing tires----what's vintage about it? The style of chassis, trans and steering setup are pretty close to whats still being used today. It looks alot like my T4.2 FT truck which is still the most current rear motor truck available from AE. Again, not trying to be a downer here, as I fully support all aspects of this hobby. I guess I'm trying to understand what is "vintage" when it comes to vintage racing. Don't mean to be out of line or disrespectful, but I'm a little confused.

Timmahhh
Approved Member

Post by Timmahhh »

Basher67 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:52 pm Now, that's an awesome looking buggy, and I'm not here to judge or put anyone down, but that thing is about as vintage as my B6 :lol: I understand it probably meets all the requirements for its class, but when you install brushless power, lipo, modern radio, carbon fiber shock towers, modern big bore shocks, 2.2 wheels and modern racing tires----what's vintage about it? The style of chassis, trans and steering setup are pretty close to whats still being used today. It looks alot like my T4.2 FT truck which is still the most current rear motor truck available from AE. Again, not trying to be a downer here, as I fully support all aspects of this hobby. I guess I'm trying to understand what is "vintage" when it comes to vintage racing. Don't mean to be out of line or disrespectful, but I'm a little confused.
They arent big bores, but youre right, buggies didnt change much from 1995-2012.... but like most racing, this was made to comply with a set of rules and be fast at the same time. B2s are 22+ years old now, much older than a worlds car was at the first vonats, so to some extent, vintage is changing as time goes on.

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

I hear you. It's a perception thing I guess. It only makes sense that newer and newer cars are going to pop up every year as they meet the age requirements.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

Basher67 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:15 pm I hear you. It's a perception thing I guess. It only makes sense that newer and newer cars are going to pop up every year as they meet the age requirements.
i know exactly what you're talking about. the buggy does have that modern look to it. but it is a 22 year old buggy, and the t2 truck as well. crazy if you think about it.

but that correlation of the b2 to the more modern b6's is no where near to being close. the modern stuff is A LOT more tunable than the b2 and the t2. maybe erich, the guy behind the vonats, could chime in and answer your question a little better than i could. about the modern batteries, motors, and the rules that they have set for the classes.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

just in case anyone is wondering about adam's t2 truck. i'm putting together the pictures and details of it, and i'll be posting it over in the rc10t forum.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

Basher67 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:52 pm Now, that's an awesome looking buggy, and I'm not here to judge or put anyone down, but that thing is about as vintage as my B6 :lol: I understand it probably meets all the requirements for its class, but when you install brushless power, lipo, modern radio, carbon fiber shock towers, modern big bore shocks, 2.2 wheels and modern racing tires----what's vintage about it? The style of chassis, trans and steering setup are pretty close to whats still being used today. It looks alot like my T4.2 FT truck which is still the most current rear motor truck available from AE. Again, not trying to be a downer here, as I fully support all aspects of this hobby. I guess I'm trying to understand what is "vintage" when it comes to vintage racing. Don't mean to be out of line or disrespectful, but I'm a little confused.
basher67, i just got pm from adam, and here's his take on your question:

"The shocks being threaded and the axles are the only non original parts of the car. Since the worlds re-re came out the wheels are plentiful so I ran the same axles front and rear as the re-re for that reason. Plus the threaded shocks come on the re-re as well.

Using brushless and lipo purely because having perfectly working and reliable old electronics and batteries just isn't feasible especially when you're recalling across the country to race.

Also, the carbon fiber front tower was an original upgrade from ae back then.
Just wanted to clarify, considering quite a few other cars we're using big bores and whatnot.

I guess the shock bushing are also newer but that'll never win you a race hahaha"

Erich Reichert
Approved Member

Post by Erich Reichert »

Hi guys. If anyone has questions about the race I’m always happy to help. The goal of the race is mostly to have fun. Believe it or not, this race started from this group almost 11 years ago. The small handful of us that started this group wanted to get together and meet after talking almost everyday for years so I created this race as a sort of RC10Talk meet up. It evolved into a race but we do all still get togther. As far as more modern cars this is something that I’ve had to consider and treat carefully. When we started it was set at “cars 25 years old” without an issue. It worked out great because at the time 25 Years meant 1994 which was a pretty significant change in design...by 95/96 things started to look more like modern cars. As we’re now heading into our 11th year I’ve let things like the B2/T2, XX, XX4 and others in based on their collectibility. It’s become more of a grey area today but I try to accommodate people as I get more requests for something but I also try not to jump when one person wants something at the same time. As far as electronics we run brushless and lipo just because it’s way easier and keeps the focus more on the cars and having fun.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

Adam's setup sheet for the vonats is up on petitRC. if you're in need of a setup sheet as well, you could download two different versions from their site. if you're racing a b2 don't be afraid to post up your setup. the more the better.

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associated/SetupSheetsAssociatedRC10B2.htm

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

adam now has a b3 is in the works...

broodenburg
Approved Member

Post by broodenburg »

looks great!
details?! 8)

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

broodenburg wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:53 am looks great!
details?! 8)
nothing yet. i'll post all the details once he finishes the whole buggy.

littleVETTE
Approved Member

Post by littleVETTE »

new updates on his new b3 build. he's still waiting on a proline deja vu body to show up. which should compliment it lovely. once he gets it up and rolling, i'll post up all the details and possibly a setup sheet.