Composite Craft RC10T #2

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jcwrks

Re: Composite Craft RC10T #2

Post by jcwrks »

Yes, I remember the first one. One of my all-time favorite builds. I would use a slightly older Tekin such as a 410K or 411-G2 and a FM receiver.
The official TX SKUNK

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

Thanks for the input all.

Scr8p - you make some good points. I am waiting on some decals. Once they come, I can add a little color,which may help determine what electronics fit best. Do you think the Money motor is too new for this truck?

I sort of want to dye the wheels a bright color, and then have the body painted to compliment. The white wheels seem kind of dull on this truck, for whatever reason. Also, would the Novak NER 3FM receiver combined with a Tekin esc be a no no? Lol

jcwrks

Post by jcwrks »

FWIW I think that motor is a tad new for your build. A Reedy Mr series would work well.

Have you tried sourcing some 3-piece rear wheels to match your fronts?
The official TX SKUNK

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

jcwrks wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:07 pm FWIW I think that motor is a tad new for your build. A Reedy Mr series would work well.

Have you tried sourcing some 3-piece rear wheels to match your fronts?
I figured about the motor. I just think it is such a cool piece that I wanted to use it on something.

I have new 3 piece rear wheels, but I kind of llke the different look of the Losi dish wheels. Maybe I will switch. Thanks

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

You could probably get away with a green label Sonic too.

Yes, mating a novak receiver with a tekin esc is a no no. Just send the ner-3fm to me so you won't be tempted to use it. :mrgreen:

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

I decided to ditch the Novak stuff, and go in a different direction. Thanks for everyone's input. I swapped in my new Reedy MR motor. Looks pretty good. I like how the REEDY shows out from the back opening. I am still sorting the rest of the gear that will go on.

I stole the CC battery brace from CC10T#1 to see how it looks on CC10T#2. Much better than the white AE brace. Should I dye the battery cup black as well?

Scr8p - I am looking forward to those Parma retainers. Their gold color will go great with the gold hinge pins. Thanks.

I think I want to add some color to this truck. I have a large order from MCI Racing. I It can't get here soon enough. I am thinking of doing something different/wild with the wheels, color wise.

The 2 CC trucks next to each other is just too much awesome. I freaking love these chassis'.
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture4.JPG
Capture3.JPG
Capture6.JPG
Capture5.JPG

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

:shock: Dang! They do look good together.
Bum on Direct Deposit

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

IMHO the white battery cup stays. Personally, I like the 'zebra' colored rc10 cars and your #2 has the right amount of contrast of white to black to give it 'lines'.

Not sure what to do with adding color in the wheels dept. though...maybe try some different monocote colors sheets and make your own wheel disks so if you don't like how they look you can peel it off and back to square one without the expense of a new set of wheels if you dye them and don't like how they turn out?

But do keep the updates going. I'm liking the inspiration your thread is giving me 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Totally agree. Great balance of white and black

I’d paint those wheel discs to match the front 3 piece wheels :-)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

E N V Y 8)
Gone fishing

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

NomadRacer wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:24 am :shock: Dang! They do look good together.
Thanks! I can't wait until they are both finished so I can get a proper picture of both together. I still have one big upgrade to do on CC10T#1 before she is complete.
klavy69 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:24 pm IMHO the white battery cup stays. Personally, I like the 'zebra' colored rc10 cars and your #2 has the right amount of contrast of white to black to give it 'lines'.

Not sure what to do with adding color in the wheels dept. though...maybe try some different monocote colors sheets and make your own wheel disks so if you don't like how they look you can peel it off and back to square one without the expense of a new set of wheels if you dye them and don't like how they turn out?

But do keep the updates going. I'm liking the inspiration your thread is giving me 8)

Todd
Glad you like the white. It sure represents the original 10T well. Good idea about the monocote on the wheels. I have never used the stuff. I am not sure how easy it would be to apply to the dished wheels, but I think I will experiment a little. Thanks.
GoMachV wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:33 pm Totally agree. Great balance of white and black

Thanks. What do you mean by paint them to match? Do you mean paint them white and add 4 dots to simulate screws heads? I have proper RC10T rear white wheels I can change to. I just thought I would change it up a little with the Losi rear wheels.
DennisM wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:33 amE N V Y 8)
Lol. Thanks, I think. I get plenty envious looking at all the other amazing builds on here.

Lavigna

Post by Lavigna »

lavigna wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:11 am
NomadRacer wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:24 am :shock: Dang! They do look good together.
Thanks! I can't wait until they are both finished so I can get a proper picture of both together. I still have one big upgrade to do on CC10T#1 before she is complete.
klavy69 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:24 pm IMHO the white battery cup stays. Personally, I like the 'zebra' colored rc10 cars and your #2 has the right amount of contrast of white to black to give it 'lines'.

Todd
Glad you like the white. It sure represents the original 10T well. Good idea about the monocote on the wheels. I have never used the stuff. I am not sure how easy it would be to apply to the dished wheels, but I think I will experiment a little. Thanks.
GoMachV wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:33 pm Totally agree. Great balance of white and black

Thanks. What do you mean by paint them to match? Do you mean paint them white and add 4 dots to simulate screws heads? I have proper RC10T rear white wheels I can change to. I just thought I would change it up a little with the Losi rear wheels.
DennisM wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:33 amE N V Y 8)
Lol. Thanks, I think. I get plenty envious looking at all the other amazing builds on here.
My latest plan is to use this NIP Airtronics 94732 servo. For the receiver, I have this Tekin unit in black, or I have one very similar but with the chrome coating and pink antenna wire. Both are new out of package.

As for the esc, here are 2 units I am thinking of. Neither are new, but clean. I also have a new Tekin 412 (I think) esc that I can steal from another shelfer. It may be more period correct.

Again, any and all input is appreciated.
Attachments
Capture10.JPG
Capture11.JPG

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

I'd go with the g12c. The 412 was sort of a budget ESC.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

On the dished wheels the monokote can get tricky but the front skinny rc10t wheels will take it better. If you cut the monokcote in a bigger than wheel rough circle and then cut a line fron the edge of the circle to the middle it will lay half way decent to an overlap where you can take a razor knife and trim the overlap so it meets up perfectly. From there you can trim around the wheel and center holes.

A little practice might be needed but should be able to get the hang of it...if I can do it you sure can :wink:

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

jcwrks

Post by jcwrks »

The Tekin Pro Tempfet you have is the ESC600 Pro XT and was released in 1988, so it's just a tad early for the 10T. The ESC300 (4-wire) was my first racing ESC that I bought in 1990.

For your 10T build I would use the G12-C.
The official TX SKUNK