Current options for white ball cups

General info, Q&A.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bully
Approved Member

Re: Current options for white ball cups

Post by bully »

The terrible green ones were replaced by white several months ago now, try Amain or tower.. :mrgreen:

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

bully wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:02 am The terrible green ones were replaced by white several months ago now, try Amain or tower.. :mrgreen:
Did you get some your self? If so from who? I had Tower look through all their stock a few months ago and all they had was green. I have only seen one package with white and I think those came from Tower. That is when I asked if they had more. I even asked AE at the time and they only had green. Can you confirm that Tower and A-Main have white?

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

It was Tower I'm pretty sure but will try an find out.. It was months ago now though :wink: I ordered some an got green an with every order I was doing i was getting a pack to see if they got better. One order received some nice beige white ones so immediately did an order for a few more,sadly I'm waiting for the usual haunts to stock up so i can get some more i'm scraping the barrel.. I did end up dyeing my green to black though as know one wanted them I thought i'd try for spares on runners etc.. Will go back thru orders an see.. Seeing as most places are out it will be an order an see if when in stock to see what colour they are this batch.. Will grab a pic soon an try confirm :mrgreen:

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Wow I was way off :roll: few months was a little unrealistic.. It was sept 2015, :roll: sorry to get your hopes up but it definitely was tower.. Looks like I had suspected they are a case of good bad batch colour wise anyway... July 2015 I ordered 5 an got green,Aug ordered one an got beige/white so next order took a chance an got 5 an they were beige/white.. Looks like next batch I will be buying one pack, hoping they come quick and are a good colour so I can order a few more before they sell out again :mrgreen: Sorry guys,but you can see in pic the colour...
WP_20160902_014 (3).jpg

alien3t
Approved Member

Post by alien3t »

Shady Rascal wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:07 am I'm not naive by any means. I know that profit is the bottom line of every move a company makes. But, like the classic kit thing, I don't understand the details. It is my impression that the originals were made in California and the re-re Classics were made in China. So either the original tooling got moved to China and set up or they retooled from scratch. I'm guessing most of it was original tooling with perhaps some repairs thrown in for another cycle of production. That had to cost a mint of money to do it either way. It just doesn't seem that they could have sold enough Classic kits to recoup that investment. I'd figure they would keep grinding them out to get the bottom line into the black.

My current concern, and I'm a rookie at this AE stuff, is that I was planning on using some re-re parts on my current builds. By the time I got my shopping list gathered together a lot of the parts were out of stock at Tower and Amain. They showed late February as a restock date on most of them. Then that drug on to early March, now late March. I'm wondering, did I just watch the end of the re-re parts supply peter out ?
yes a lot of it had to be re-tooled. They took an employess NIB built gold pan off the shelf. and used it to get the tooling made for things they didnt have anymore. Even the worlds stealth was retooled. they have classic cases. but once original style mold stealths are gone. they are gone.

The classic was a kinda of a hey, we have parts again. they made appraently 2000 kits. Which is the smallest run of a model they did. so its more of a special edition. They made more of the worlds cars. Pallets and pallets of them. Did not move anywhere near as fast as they thought they would.

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

:mrgreen: :Hey all, team associated direct have nice creamy white ball cups in stock.. Can't post pic from phone and pc is playing up but they are really nice.. I can't confirm retailers colour stock, this is only for ordering from ae directly.. Few weeks ago they came back in stock and I messaged them about colour, they had was slight green tinge back then so ordered couple packs and they were the best I had seen for couple of years. Messaged back couple weeks ago and was surprised to hear all but one packet of slightly green were all sold BUT they had white in stock. Ordered three packs and yeah beautiful creamy white like the ones I got a couple of years ago.. Recommend a quick email to check if you want to order some

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Thanks for the tip bully. Not exactly *snow* white but certainly not minty green either. They'll do just fine. :D
Attachments
white ball cups.jpg
Doug

jkelm24
Approved Member

Post by jkelm24 »

Thanks for the 'heads up'! Just ordered some up so my cars won't glow in the dark anymore.

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

Not a problem, happy to help...

jkelm24
Approved Member

Post by jkelm24 »

Additional confirmation. Received four packs and all look good!
Attachments
IMG_20180103_173203489.jpg