we all have big toys too don't we? show off your ride!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mk-Zero
Business Member

Re: we all have big toys too don't we? show off your ride!

Post by mk-Zero »

Thanks!
The throttle linkage holds its synch very well and is very smooth.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

I'm clueless about beetles, but this is a great looking little air-cooled car :mrgreen:
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Lonestar wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:51 am I'm clueless about beetles, but this is a great looking little air-cooled car :mrgreen:
Thanks Paul. Well, they don't weigh much (~1600 lbs) and are very simple to work on and have huge aftermarket support. In the case of mine, the only part on my engine made by VW is a small gear that drives the distributor. The motor I built is 2.3L and makes 231 hp @ 7500 rpm, so the power to weight ratio of the car is pretty good. It's basically an overgrown gokart.

Devilbrad
Approved Member

Post by Devilbrad »

mk-Zero wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 10:56 am
Lonestar wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 2:51 am I'm clueless about beetles, but this is a great looking little air-cooled car :mrgreen:
Thanks Paul. Well, they don't weigh much (~1600 lbs) and are very simple to work on and have huge aftermarket support. In the case of mine, the only part on my engine made by VW is a small gear that drives the distributor. The motor I built is 2.3L and makes 231 hp @ 7500 rpm, so the power to weight ratio of the car is pretty good. It's basically an overgrown gokart.
My most favorite VW I owned was my 61 Kombi. It only had 40HP, LOL Full Bus Boys lowering kit, no reduction boxes. It would run 80MPH all day long, haha. I daily drove it for three years and never had a single issue. Sure miss this thing!
Attachments
Bus61.jpg

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Very cool bus! 8)

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

Jimmys.jpg
Dude.jpg

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

mmm, Purple.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

romulus22
Approved Member

Post by romulus22 »

I'm most of you have already seen this toy but I've never added it to this thread.

1985 Chevy Chevette
IMG_1693.jpg
IMG_1692.jpg

Headling
Approved Member

Post by Headling »

My other toys
Attachments
50473612-5184-4692-B8D8-DCA98F98F8EE.jpeg
EC61B833-C1C2-4D04-96E1-4874B9EB5A69.jpeg
8304C68A-C0BE-4AE5-8BCF-892551C41D95.jpeg
If in doubt go flat out!

romulus22
Approved Member

Post by romulus22 »

Here's a couple crappy pictures of my other toy that has been on the back burner since I bought it.

1967 Camaro
IMG_1704.jpg
IMG_1703.jpg

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

My '08 Torrent GXP was sadly totaled about a month and a half ago. On a day with extreme winds and several intersections with traffic lights not working at all, while 3 people at the intersection were doing the right thing, taking turns as if it were a 4-way stop, and it being my turn I proceeded into the intersection--only to have a stupid woman the second lane over on the left slam into my left front wheel without even an attempt to slow down as if it were a 4-way stop. Crushed my wheel so bad it looked like some ridiculous ricer camber job. Fortunately for me it wasn't a fraction of a second later or she would've hit my driver side door! Luckily nobody was hurt, including the child she had in a car seat in her back seat. Cripes.

So, I bought this 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD, a car I've always liked but couldn't afford one back when they first came out...well, I could've afforded the V6, but I just couldn't buy a Magnum without a Hemi. This one turned out to be in very good condition, recent $10,000 paint job, $2600 brakes and front end, stainless Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, RT AWD...clean CarProof report...the owner wasn't a car guy, but he loved the car...just didn't want a muscle-car anymore. He was asking $6900, which I thought was already quite low, but even more surprisingly, he accepted my $6400 offer. More money for me to do stuff to it. The car just ticked over 150,000 km. Pretty low for a 2005.

I've already replaced the ricer-style LED taillights and have some headlights with black frames to replace the ricer-style Spyder LED projector headlights. These headlights just seem to make the car googly-eyed.

I have some awesome wheels coming. I'm personally tired of seeing black wheels on blacked-out cars, it's just too much black...a car needs some contrast. Heck, I already have a blacked-out car. The previous owner had 275's on all 4 corners...I can understand 275's on the rear, but I think the 275's on the front are making the steering rather...adventuresome. Way too wide. I also have a Shaker hood kit coming. Oh, and that lame orange center hood stripe has gotta go. Until I get that done, the car will still feel like "his car, not my car". Here are the "before" pics, after a thorough weekend washing, inside & out. This is after I already replaced the taillights. I have plans to work on the grille, I've already removed the stainless horizontal grille inserts that someone did a bad flat black paintjob on.

Before1.jpg
Before2.jpg
Before3.jpg
AltezzaTaillights1.jpg
AltezzaTaillights2.jpg
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

romulus22
Approved Member

Post by romulus22 »

You plan on taking it off any sweet jumps with all that ride height :D .

I'm just joking with you..... would be a nice daily driver congrats on the new car.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

romulus22 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:00 pm You plan on taking it off any sweet jumps with all that ride height :D .

I'm just joking with you..... would be a nice daily driver congrats on the new car.
That's the typical AWD ride height...the AWD version sits at least an inch higher than the other models. Lots of people point that out. Some people lower them, but I won't--we get a lot of snow up here. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

romulus22 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 4:18 pm Here's a couple crappy pictures of my other toy that has been on the back burner since I bought it.

1967 Camaro

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg
That's a great-looking Camaro, by the way! You say it's on the back burner...what do you have planned for it?

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

:mrgreen:
Doug