Spin off of the Yo-Yo thread.... Toy Fads

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Basher67
Approved Member

Re: Spin off of the Yo-Yo thread.... Toy Fads

Post by Basher67 »

Yeeaaahhhh! Now I wanna play Pole Position! :lol: I wasted many hours glued to an old tv playing that game. I had a cassette drive Tandy (radio shack) computer back in the day with the Zaxxon game.---another one of my favorites bitd. Long before the days of Nintendo.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

dave00beer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 pm I still have some of my things left, Two that really come to mind as favorites, that I just came across the other day.

Big Trak and Transport trailer (got for christmas 1979)
Coleco electronic quarterback game (got for my 9th birthday 1979 10 days before christmas)

Countless hours of fun with both.....
My brother had the Big Trak (without trailer) and I had the Electronic Quarterback. Totally forgot about that last one. How about Digital Derby (which was anything but digital, unless by "digital" they meant you played it with your fingers)?

That toy made the rounds back in 1978, most of my friends and I had one of those.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Timmahhh
Approved Member

Post by Timmahhh »

dave00beer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:00 pm Man I remember the days playing in the sandbox with my Tonka trucks, then later on us evil kids would play smash up derby with them in the driveway, all sitting in a somewhat circle and count to three and give them your best shove to the middle "demolition" pit, I can still hear my mother yelling at us about destroying or toys.

I played the same game using lego cars. Last one still rolling wins! But man did it hurt when the cars missed and the cars hit our legs instead

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

Coelacanth wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:38 am How about Digital Derby (which was anything but digital, unless by "digital" they meant you played it with your fingers)?

That toy made the rounds back in 1978, most of my friends and I had one of those.
Oh yeah had that one too. Made by Tomy.
I also had one that was called Digital Daredevil, was a side scroller style. You had a motorcycle and had do "jump" certain obstacles and cars.
Attachments
1860_1258225941003_Tomy_Digital_Daredevil___Black_Rider__.jpg
1860_1258225941003_Tomy_Digital_Daredevil___Black_Rider__.jpg (34.55 KiB) Viewed 527 times
1860_1258225941003_Tomy_Digital_Daredevil___Black_Rider__.jpg
1860_1258225941003_Tomy_Digital_Daredevil___Black_Rider__.jpg (34.55 KiB) Viewed 527 times

dave00beer
Approved Member

Post by dave00beer »

Timmahhh wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:04 pm I played the same game using lego cars. Last one still rolling wins! But man did it hurt when the cars missed and the cars hit our legs instead
Haha too cool!!