B4.5

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JK Racing
Approved Member

Re: B4.5

Post by JK Racing »

So for this go round (LOL), I trimmed the side bars back a touch and the side pod plate is on top the chassis, resting in an L groove. Last time, I just JB'd them on the outside (probably a design error). I am also using some flexible plastic "inserts" bolted to both the CF strip and each end of the chassis. I used a small screwdriver like a puddy knife and got a good coat of JB down inside the seam this time. I think last time it was lacking. When I pulled off the one remaining side pod plate (plastic), there were spots with no JB weld that I could see.

Tomorrow, I start on side 2. Maybe...it is the wife's birthday tomorrow.

--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Side 2 is now drying :) should be back together tonight.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

all back together. did some measuring, the standard original B4 is 146 mm from T plate "edge" to servo bolt holes. The Sim 4 with T4 chassis is 164. So the chassis is +18 mm over stock :)

--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Awesome work and ideas everyone. Now I know what to do with the box of B4 parts I have.

Anyone need an avatar?
Fran.JPG
Fran.JPG (10.41 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Fran.JPG
Fran.JPG (10.41 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
- Brian -

My Gallery

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

How is everyone? :)

I was right across the table from Jeremy at the Reedy race.... Nice kid. My first race (At all) in about 2 years, LOL. Got to see the white tub car, was very cool. Having a tub powder coated flourescent orange as we speak, :)...

I just got a B4.2 about a week ago... Thinking about making one of these chassis for my b4.1/converted b4.2.. Will see...
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
The World is Orange! Latest Update: 03/31/16
My feedback

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Car is very forgiving to drive, needs some more tuning/tweaking. I've got a set of 12mm Big Bores on the way for it now. The only downside is I now have 5 different race ready buggies, only 2 of them share wheels/tires :(
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Orange wrote:How is everyone? :)

I was right across the table from Jeremy at the Reedy race.... Nice kid. My first race (At all) in about 2 years, LOL. Got to see the white tub car, was very cool. Having a tub powder coated flourescent orange as we speak, :)...

I just got a B4.2 about a week ago... Thinking about making one of these chassis for my b4.1/converted b4.2.. Will see...
Who's this guy? :lol:

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Ya... You keep ignoring my texts! :evil:

I'm a noob if you look at my recent race results, :lol:
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
My feedback

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

And I thought he only ignored my texts. I guess Reg really is a D-Nozzle!

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Orange wrote:Ya... You keep ignoring my texts!
JHarris wrote:And I thought he only ignored my texts. I guess Reg really is a D-Nozzle!
:evil:

:lol:
Yeah, I've been pretty slack lately. Nothing personal..school has me very busy [ i]and[/i] I haven't raced since slimming the chassis since we still have no indoor facility :|

Sent you both a text message to make up for it-

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

So I just spent a little time reading all the pages here. Appearance award goes to JayDub, :)

For the record, the RB6 wheelbase is 285mm. A B4 with +8 chassis is 281 and the 22 is 284-288... ROAR's maximum WB is 292mm. Overall maximum length in ROAR is 457.2 which nobody will ever see a buggy that long when the wheelbase is 165mm shorter... The reason for the large differences is so a tech box could be made that the car can roll a little back and forth inside the box and still be visible that the car is not too big.

Yes I realize nobody follows ROAR rules at club level, however large event organizers that have technical inspections mostly do use ROAR's dimensions... That is if they happen to measure wheelbase/length/width. I think even if they didn't and someone showed up with an unusually large buggy, my guess is that ROAR's rules would most likely be the reference point. :) When ROAR first made fuel monster truck rules for competition (Tmaxx style) they forgot to add a wheelbase limit. At the first National that had fuel monster truck, someone actually showed up with this HUGE ass truck that fit the overall length. Yea, it was rediculous, but some people do look at those rules, LOL. (He didn't win, the truck was a complete turd!, :))
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
My feedback

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Orange wrote:A B4 with +8 chassis is 281. ROAR's maximum WB is 292mm.
I just want to be clear, I have gotten some heat on other sites (RCTECH) that my Slim 4 is not ROAR legal.

If the T4 chassis is +18 over the "standard" B4 chassis, that should put it at 291 or just barely in ROAR spec :)

I will bust out the yardstick today and do a measurement with pics if needed....now just to get it up to minimum weight.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

JHarris
Approved Member

Post by JHarris »

According to AE the T4.2 wheelbase is 288mm. Since the difference between the B4.2 and T4.2 is the arms, shocks and towers, the wheelbase would be the same.

Orange
Approved Member

Post by Orange »

Ty Tessman was legal enough at the supernats to run his slim T4 chassis B4... I would think you would be fine within the limits of ROAR... I have found that the majority of the un-informed make residence at RCTech... It is mostly a useless site of trolls and ratards with the exception of a few! Just my opinion of that website, :).

If anyone is seeking knowledge alone, there are more people right here on RC10talk that have tons more knowledge about RC cars NEW or OLD than almost everyone combined on that website! That place is a joke in my opinion!

(Changed to reflect the same pronunciation used in "The Hangover") :)
Sean Sanchez
Gallery:
My feedback

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Orange wrote:It is mostly a useless site of trolls and retards with the exception of a few! Just my experience of that website, :).
The "PC" term our house (as founded by our 7 year old) is "R-tard" pronounced "are tard" from school I guess :lol:

Of course I would never call any one that had an actual Intellectual Disability that-