Attack of the Clones...

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV
Approved Member

Re: Attack of the Clones...

Post by GoMachV »

Still, if you drive away the people that engineer it what will those companies copy?

Im not fighting either side, it's almost ridiculous to try to make something in the US anymore so it-is-what-it-is....but someone still has to build a good one first before someone can copy it.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

vwjuice
Approved Member

Post by vwjuice »

PerKr wrote:well, I'm still sitting here with a semi-finished once-more-tore-to-pieces-for-measuring-and-copying vintage car. I'm not contributing to the survival of the hobby as it is. I'm actually contemplating getting a chinese RTR kit (Team C TR02 Jekyll), give it some ballbearings and get a cheap battery and charger just so I can get to actually drive. Doing so will drain my entire RC budget, but then again, an associated B4.1 kit is even more and then I still would be left without radio, servo, batteries, charger etc.

yeah, they might be copying the known brands, but they provide a low-cost entry for beginners.
Team c stuff isn't a copycat company. They produce a lot of nice vehicles using their own designs.
Google team c and check out their website. Lots of cool stuff. Evohobbies.com stocks team c stuff here in the USA and they have great deals. Nitrohouse.com stocks the ofna version of the team c short course trucks. An rtr 2wd is $200 and needs nothing. Racers edge also has a team c short course under their name. Rcmart.com has a team c buggy under their name which comes as a kit for $100. These are all team c brands licensed too other companies.

RCMA

Post by RCMA »

I doubt we will run out of people creating the next big thing. I'm sure the chinese will have there own if they dont already.

Speaking of which how about the FTX line of kits they are the most affordable I have seen. Also Himoto, and Hobbyking kits. I want one for playing around (esp cause I had to sell mine) but, I will always rather purchase the real deal Losi (I mean TLR), Associated, Durango etc. I would rather reward the original genius but not everyone will be able to afford it. Its like you said it-is-what-it-is........ and will always be I guess.

[youtube]SZKzdMW11Tw[/youtube]

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

i have heard a lot of talk about the futaba s3003 servos. are they hard to come by or rare??? also are they $$$$ to buy?

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

hugger19 wrote:i have heard a lot of talk about the futaba s3003 servos. are they hard to come by or rare??? also are they $$$$ to buy?
Wtf... How long have you been here lol. You know better

The 3003 are junk tho
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

hugger19 wrote:i have heard a lot of talk about the futaba s3003 servos. are they hard to come by or rare??? also are they $$$$ to buy?
Original Futaba S3003 servos are basic, but good enough.... and can be upgraded to S3004 spec (bearings) easy enough - not full race or 1:8 servos, but good enough for fluffing around. The copies, though, are C-R-A-P.

Neither is particularly hard to come by, nor expensive. Hardest thing is to ensure you get what you're paying for....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Didn't try Google first did you?

sschering
Approved Member

Post by sschering »

All this reminds me of the Futaba GY401 clone gyros we started seeing a few years ago..
This one I found particularly funny because if you open one up instead of a sensor there is a large nut hot glued to the bottom of the case.

I have one kicking around the house here somewhere I was thinking of putting on the RC10L pan.
Attachments
CIMG2625.jpg

MCKNBRD
Approved Member

Post by MCKNBRD »

PlastiZapCA+ wrote:
slotcarrod wrote:Israel cloned the French Mirage V.

"The Israelis finally gave up trying to get the aircraft and accepted a refund. Later however, cooperation with France resumed outside the public's eye and Israel received 50 Mirage 5s in crates from AdA, while Ada took over the 50 aircraft originally intended for Israel, as Mirage 5Fs.[citation needed] The aircraft were delivered between May 1971 and February 1974 and assembled by Israeli technicians.[citation needed] Officially, Israel claimed to have built the aircraft after obtaining complete blueprints, naming them IAI Nesher."

Yeah, but put a decent engine and avionics in it, and it becomes my personal favorite Israeli aircraft...the Kfir! Personally, I like the C.7 and the F-21A variants...

Byrdman