cadillac rc10 upgrade

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: cadillac rc10 upgrade

Post by Coelacanth »

stoggie388 wrote:No doubt man. Ill be going there to race when I get a new battery. He wont let me drive on the track with a soft lipo pack lol. He was great tho . As for the esc are u suggesting I can get more speen from this beast ?
No, but my apologies...it's the other way around. The program card shows you a few more options than what's shown in the chart in the manual paper. So, if you use the manual chart and go by beeps 'n' lights, you won't have as many options as what's shown with the program card connected, I believe.

I'm confusing my Leopard Toro 60A ESC with my Bullistorm 60A ESC...the Bullistorm unit has quite a few more options. For example, there are 8 options for Drag Brake Force (instead of 6), 9 levels of Punch adjustment (instead of 6), you can adjust Max. Reverse Force with 4 settings vs. no option for this, 8 timing options instead of 5, it even has overheat protection. At the moment, I'm actually surprised that Bullistorm is so well-featured.

I love both ESCs though, they're both good units, and the Toro combo deals are very good prices.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

stoggie388

Post by stoggie388 »

The zippy is a good lipo im getting a huge run time. i got mine on ebay then found out i could get it and better ones at hobbykings wherehouse for a way better price. DO NOT get the same one i have.... its a good battery but its a soft pack and will catch fire if punctured .. my next investment is the hard pack ver of this battery . over all tho the car runs great . i am in the process of replacing my melted nylon differential gear in the tranny . i managed to find a couple of the black gears that TA made to replace the crappy ones the original came with. ill have them in by Friday. i aso got new ball bearings for this car that seem to be way better than the original slipper cups tat it came with .

i waterproofed that esc for next to nothing i think 3.99 i got a tube of flexible waterproof adhesive i have had no problems with water. my major turn off for this motor /esc is the 3 male/ female connecters that run from the motor to the esc . it seems mine makes a bad connection . i had to slap the yellow wire to make it work for a minute just to do it again. so i took pliers and clamped them together not super tight but to a point where they are guarantied to connect. i have had no more shuttering or disconnections since.

i do recommend the battery btw just not the soft pack one. you will also have to change the bullet connector to a deans or whatever you are using.

the radio is vary excellent really responsive and feels good. my friend got a hellion buggy rtr from the shop after he saw how my rc10 was going and the radio while water proof off the bat was cheap and vary light feeling . an other i did not like about his , you cant adjust the droop or shocks and it seems to be made out of a week hardened plastic that feels nice but breaks really easily . we put a bl system in his car and the first accident he had the cars front end completely snapped.

stoggie388

Post by stoggie388 »

ohhhhh one more this i found a use for the old bracers that held the steering rod together . you know the cheap 2 bar system that hooked the servo to the steering. i took the bracers and used them on the front axles instead of the lock nuts that came with the car.. i lost one lock nut and instead of going to try and find more the bracers clamped on the axle perfectly , and shows no sign of falling off at high speeds or turns :)