Anyone watching the 2017 IFMAR Worlds

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RCveteran
Approved Member

Anyone watching the 2017 IFMAR Worlds

Post by RCveteran »

I've been watching on rclive and enjoying them. If nothing else I am reminded how good of drivers that level is. Comments on the action so far?

jkelm24
Approved Member

Re: Anyone watching the 2017 IFMAR Worlds

Post by jkelm24 »

Wow! Look at those facilities!!!

I haven't given much attention to the Worlds in a long time. How is the current scene? Who are the current dominant racers and models? Does AE still flood the pool with racers, or has team representation leveled out?

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Thanks RC, I will definitely check out the video. I miss racing so much… at least if I can watch others having fun it helps a little. lol
Doug

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Just watched 2wd A's. I realize it's the Worlds and so it's not meant to be easy but that track seems to be especially difficult. Inconsistent grip and awkwardly spaced jumps has Cavalieri and Maifield trying something different nearly every lap - even in the A's.
Doug

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

I think they do that on purpose. Sort of like professional bowling where the oil on the surface is always changed to make it harder for pros to figure out.

That rear double double is clearly faster as a double double but most are playing conservative and going single single double.

Spoiler alert, RC10 is not World Champion. 4WD A mains are very exciting, in a world of over prepped tracks nice to see the pros sturggling with jumps and traction.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

"in a world of over prepped tracks nice to see the pros struggling with jumps and traction." - RCveteran

Those were my thoughts as well. Seeing how hard they are working to keep their cars pointed in the right direction made me think I would have no chance on that track. As interesting as these races are, I would love to see loose dirt tracks make a comeback - like bitd. Watching rooster tails coming off the rear tires when the were on the throttle just added an extra dimension.
I haven't seen the 4wd finals - I will check them out tonight.
Doug

duckhead
Approved Member

Post by duckhead »

XLR8 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 pm "in a world of over prepped tracks nice to see the pros struggling with jumps and traction." - RCveteran

Those were my thoughts as well. Seeing how hard they are working to keep their cars pointed in the right direction made me think I would have no chance on that track. As interesting as these races are, I would love to see loose dirt tracks make a comeback - like bitd. Watching rooster tails coming off the rear tires when the were on the throttle just added an extra dimension.
I haven't seen the 4wd finals - I will check them out tonight.
I definitely thought this year's Worlds were a step in the right direction. Carpet is challenging in its own right, but it just doesn't feel right running an offroad car on it :mrgreen:

For 2019 if they could not sugar up the track and make it nice and loamy we'd be talking!

->Mark