Approved Member

Re: LA/OC vintage meet up?

Post by scoobyrs25 »

?

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

I will be running at LRH tomorrow. They race every other Saturday and Wednesday - sign ups are required ahead of time (LRHhobbies.com). We get enough for a segregated Vintage class about once a month...so, if your in SoCal, have some time & want to race, head out to LRH 8-3-16 and lets toss these cars around like they were meant to be!!
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

RCHJR

Post by RCHJR »

body snatcher wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:50 pm Im curious how you guys feel about having a weekly/bi weekly vintage meet up and get together. The idea stems from our rc flying clubs bi weekly open meetings on tuesday evenings. Although theres no actual flying,we still have a good time with food,getting to know other members,b/s/t sessions,and bringing new interest to the hobby. My idea is to start out with the same concept here,then eventually have some vintage club races and larger events as numbers grow.There are a few restaurants I have in mind that are willing to accommodate us. I just see this as an opportunity for like minded people to get together and have a good time making new friends. This is just an idea.What do you guys think about this?
Wish I still had any of my old stuff still. I wish I had known much sooner about a vintage meet up also.....lot of old memories from this site. JR
JR Van Osten
RCH

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

For those still following this discussion - we meet up at a private track in Yucaipa a few times a year. We run organized races, old school hand count style, really only following the lead group. Its quite fun to toss our cars around the track with our modern electronics and tires. For those interested, search "The Farm" on Facebook or PM me. As I mentioned, it is a private track.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

JK Racing wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:23 am For those still following this discussion - we meet up at a private track in Yucaipa a few times a year. We run organized races, old school hand count style, really only following the lead group. Its quite fun to toss our cars around the track with our modern electronics and tires. For those interested, search "The Farm" on Facebook or PM me. As I mentioned, it is a private track.
If you open it up to new timers 'd be happy to know. I can only make it to a track about every other year, but I'd be happy to try.

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

JosephS wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:21 pm If you open it up to new timers 'd be happy to know. I can only make it to a track about every other year, but I'd be happy to try.
If you are local or semi-local and serious, shoot me a message. 99% of all the info for the track is done via the Facebook page. Open dates for practice and races when we have them.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

Monark192

Post by Monark192 »

There is a Facebook group for vintage RC racing in So Cal - both on and off road - that I started to try and generate more interest. We have had one small get together as part of a regular parking lot race series in San Marcos, CA. We are talking about having some actual vintage races soon.

SoCal Vintage RC Racing - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1555836941584685/

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Awesome, I'm part of that group, I had not seen anything offroad related (I may have missed it) yet. Let' grow it/build it up.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

Monark192

Post by Monark192 »

Great. Post up some off road stuff in the group.