LA/OC vintage meet up?

Post about upcoming or past events.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

carloco8
Approved Member

Re: LA/OC vintage meet up?

Post by carloco8 »

Hi guys it has been awhile. I was drawn back here after hearing about the re-re wc coming out and went to look at my runners just to see them collecting dust lol. I watched the reedy exhibition race on youtube post race event and it drove me crazy....... wish i was there, no, should have been there!!! I've been itch'n to hit the track and was thinkin of maybe another oc/rc meet. No pressure as usual, but I might be planning to head out for a track day or few regardless within the couple weeks. Give a shout out to some dates, or suggestions if anyone would like to meet up again, my cars are ready to go! :D
Old school racing all the way!

body snatcher
Approved Member

Post by body snatcher »

It has definitely been a while for me too. I finally made the transition from vintage to short course. I'm running a Kyosho SCR and an Associated SC10. But business has been so crazy lately,I haven't had a chance to get to the track. We need to set something up again. Who's down? Mmmm,burritos after the meet. Remember those Mike? :mrgreen:

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

I'm running regularly on Thursday nights at LRH in Aneheim (http://www.lrhhobbies.com/) and usually Norman from this board and a couple other Hobby People guys I know are out there. Last night JK Racing (Joey) came out and may be trying to join regularly. Anyone is welcome, it's $14 to run and it's a really great, well maintained indoor clay track, for those of you who may not have been. I'm generally out there from about 8-11 or so, but they run much later if you want. It's usually a pretty good mix of 1:10 buggies, 1:8 buggies, and SCTs. No nitro till after 11. Everyone is super laid back and very helpful. It would be cool to get a bunch of RC10s out there hanging with the b5's 8)

abailey21
Approved Member

Post by abailey21 »

MK, how far is that from Palmdale (including traffic :( )

I'm moving out there in the next couple months and plan to start racing again, so far I know of Hot Rod in Santa Clarita but I dont know how much vintage they see

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Palmdale is north of LA, Aneheim is south of LA, so probably 2+ hours in Traffic.

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

You have Hot Rod and a few others out there as well near Palmdale. i'll find the track map on "that other site" and fill you in.

LRH is a fun place, the owner has 3 worlds kits and 2 re-re gold kits on the wall, and is trying to build up parts as he can.

I bet if we get enough of us out there, he may do a controlled practice to let us have the track to ourselves for a bit. Talking to him last night, he is wanting to build a Worlds re-re to run. He immediately remembered me tearing it up in stock buggy a couple months ago, loves my goldie out there beating up on the plastic cars.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

abailey21 wrote: Palmdale
I think these might/should be close for you

RoadRunners R/C Club - www.roadrunnersrc.com

Hot Rod Hobbies - http://www.hotrodhobbies.com/

Controlled Chaos - https://www.facebook.com/ControlledChaosRaceway

Santa Clarita Valley RC - http://scvremotecontrol.com/

Rainman's Hobby and Raceway - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rainm...73919312632407
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

SoCal vintage get together guys - check this out.

Next Saturday, June 14th, Glen Helen RC Raceway - https://www.facebook.com/GlenHelenRcRaceway will host a race where a vintage class is available. Old school loose loamy track, lets go through some roost and run our cars.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Thursday night is fast approaching, I'll be out with my gold pan and b44 8)

mk-Zero wrote:I'm running regularly on Thursday nights at LRH in Aneheim (http://www.lrhhobbies.com/) and usually Norman from this board and a couple other Hobby People guys I know are out there. Last night JK Racing (Joey) came out and may be trying to join regularly. Anyone is welcome, it's $14 to run and it's a really great, well maintained indoor clay track, for those of you who may not have been. I'm generally out there from about 8-11 or so, but they run much later if you want. It's usually a pretty good mix of 1:10 buggies, 1:8 buggies, and SCTs. No nitro till after 11. Everyone is super laid back and very helpful. It would be cool to get a bunch of RC10s out there hanging with the b5's 8)

Joey, the vintage races sounds cool, good luck if you go!

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

JK Racing wrote:SoCal vintage get together guys - check this out.

Next Saturday, June 14th, Glen Helen RC Raceway - https://www.facebook.com/GlenHelenRcRaceway will host a race where a vintage class is available. Old school loose loamy track, lets go through some roost and run our cars.
OMG, awesome loose dirt track. Tossing roost around everywhere. Took the win in Pro 2 SC (running 17.5, no boost, RTR SC10 :) ), then took the win in 2wd Mod Buggy with the gold pan (also running 17.5, no boost). All the guys running super fast/hot mod motors couldnt put the power down. Where I could lay it down, shoot some nice roost, carry great speed (most mod guys were roosting the entire 100+foot straight).

The Race director REALLY wants to have a Vintage meet. Contact her via FB, Glen Helen RC Raceway or Bechard RC Racing. Lets get up a group and go toss roost with our old buggies.

I also ran my 6 gear/brushed (27T) car in practice. Running JConcepts wheels/tires (for the re-re, not 2.2) car was pretty good. The old AM radio was giving me a bit of trouble, so I chose not to put it into a race.
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

mk-Zero
Business Member

Post by mk-Zero »

Awesome Joey, congrats on the wins!

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

Best I could do stitching some cell phone shots. Lanes are 12-15 feet wide, this is a large track :)
--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

That is just freakin cool! Way to go!

I so wish for a track like that, Nice work man!

JK Racing
Approved Member

Post by JK Racing »

They are going to race every 2nd and 4th saturdays - next race is scheduled for June 28th (hint hint). One of the other coolness factors about this place is the large "mound" of dirt off to the right side...its a 2nd track for rock racing/crawling. This is a partial photo of the mountain part, but there is a complete track and drivers stand as well.

--Joey --
JKRacingRC.com

RanchoJim

Post by RanchoJim »

Hey Guys,

I'm going to travel south to hang with my long time friend Eric. We are going to race at OCRC on Friday Night (8/8) and then race again at SDRC on Saturday (8/9). I will be racing my Worlds RE-RE both days. I just painted this body for the trip too. Otherwise I will signup for sportsman 17.5 Buggy. it would be rad to see some of your RC10's, compare setups, and chat in person.
Attachments
photo.JPG