The year was 1992 in Utah

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

EMC
Approved Member

The year was 1992 in Utah

Post by EMC »

The year was 1992, and I was 15 and obsessed over that magazine article about the new Associated team truck. I got one and raced quite a bit in stock class and even brought home a few ribbons using my wicked fast (for the time) Dr Von Quick Pocket Rocket stock motor. What a great truck. I still have it and my original Futaba Attack-R AM controller. All in working order, just finely aged. :D

I'm now in the process of discovering all the new technology and deciding if I want to add some to breathe some life into the old truck. The old nicad packs I have are pretty tired.

joey_zrl
Approved Member

Re: The year was 1992 in Utah

Post by joey_zrl »

Welcome EMC. Nice RC10T you have there. I'm kind of in the same debate about what electronics to choose for my T2. I got a Hobbywing Justock 17.5 esc/motor combo for my RC10 Worlds Car. It's a quality BL system, and not too overly expensive for something like an RC10.

The thing is, the World's Car re-release was updated for lipos and brushless, but the RC10T/T2 vehicles were made when brushed esc's and motors were standard. I realize that the top shaft and slipper can be updated to the T4 version to handle BL, but it throws originality out the window.

Guess it just depends on what one wants to do. Race it, run it, or shelf it. I myself like to see a brushed motor with a big 'ol Orange Novak esc and an analog servo. :) Lots of choices, lol! Good luck on whichever path you take with yours.

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

Welcome EMC! This forum is awesome,spending hours checking things out for knowledge and ideas myself.
Bum on Direct Deposit

EMC
Approved Member

Post by EMC »

Thanks for the welcome. So far I have updated with a new 2s lipo (using a low voltage alarm) and some new "old" one piece wheels and fresh proline trencher tires. The old truck really came alive with lipo power. My reedy es modified brushed motor still has some power. I have been spending way too much time in analysis paralysis on new transmitters, servos, and esc's.

Leaning toward a hobbywing justock esc and one of those green "slingshot" 17.5t stock bl motors on amain hobbies.

Not sure if I want to invest in a new $100+ futaba or sanwa transmitter or just go cheapo flysky for a quick cheap solution.

Definitely want a new low profile servo for better steering linkage setup. A metal raised bellcrank might be a nice update as well. Other parts will only be changed as they break.

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

The "new" Futaba 3PV is a really nice package (rx/tx) at around $130.00. It's loaded with features and can be linked to, I think, 10 cars. Mine is programed for 3 right now. That feature alone is what sold me on the purchase. Low profile servo's can put a bite on your hobby budget if you allow it. I go with Savox brand (1251MG) myself. It has metal servo gears,fast response, and looks cool too.
Bum on Direct Deposit

EMC
Approved Member

Post by EMC »

NomadRacer wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:42 am The "new" Futaba 3PV is a really nice package (rx/tx) at around $130.00. It's loaded with features and can be linked to, I think, 10 cars. Mine is programed for 3 right now. That feature alone is what sold me on the purchase. Low profile servo's can put a bite on your hobby budget if you allow it. I go with Savox brand (1251MG) myself. It has metal servo gears,fast response, and looks cool too.
Thanks, just put in the order for the 3pv and savox 1251. The 3pv's are backordered currently, hopefully japan will ship some more soon. I'm very curious to see if I can learn to drive a new wheel controller. So much time and muscle memory on the old two stick.

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

If you don't want to want on the 3PV backorder, here's a seller that I recommend. I buy from him pretty much weekly. There's only four left at the time of this post. :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/Futaba-3-Channel-Computerized-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B01IRIX7BK/ref=sr_1_11?m=A1YLD6DK9B7ZV6&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1494961948&sr=1-11&refinements=p_4%3AFutaba

You should start a thread in one of the RC10 sections, get more visibility and work on your post counts. I don't think they count in this section.
Bum on Direct Deposit

EMC
Approved Member

Post by EMC »

NomadRacer wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 3:17 pm If you don't want to want on the 3PV backorder, here's a seller that I recommend. I buy from him pretty much weekly. There's only four left at the time of this post. :wink:

https://www.amazon.com/Futaba-3-Channel-Computerized-Transmitter-Receiver/dp/B01IRIX7BK/ref=sr_1_11?m=A1YLD6DK9B7ZV6&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1494961948&sr=1-11&refinements=p_4%3AFutaba

You should start a thread in one of the RC10 sections, get more visibility and work on your post counts. I don't think they count in this section.
Done. I'll continue my posts here. Thanks for your help:
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=41733