Finally found a 410K

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: Finally found a 410K

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Oh god, the numbers were for programming infinite torque limiters, torque timers that were endless through the run (you could go up and down and back again a dozen Tues within a defined run) brake values could be adjusted the same way....it had like dozens of potential adjustments. You could turn it off after you run from the radio by holding the brakes for 5 sec and turning your radio off, they were plagued (at least on carpet) to issues with static build up and power switch issues.....but man, was that speedo something when it was operational (all of mine still are oddly)

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I still have both of my early ( no external switch ) 410k's, great unit but they used to shut off when they built up static from racing pancars. It was fun to hold the brakes for 5 arcs and then turn the radio off, shutting the esc down from the drivers stand at the races end though!
remember that not all the carpets just one carpet that did that, atleast for me...

mvh isobarik

Gids

Post by Gids »

I still have one that I used up until about 07. Used to be great in stock as I had it set to reduce the torque control as the brushed motors got hotter I had more punch than a lot of others at the end of the race. Glad I kept it as I did'nt think it was worth anything.. :D

Kyosho Fan2
Approved Member

Post by Kyosho Fan2 »

Ive got two here. When I raced seriously I used them at a continuous 100amp setting and just went half speed on the infield and flat out on the straight and it was rapid, but one mistake and you would dump on the last lap. Still using at 10D corally geared on 10:1 using 1400 and 1700s was hard work.

the more that you touch the pad when its warm the more it will bugger up so don't touch it unless its the day after. and thats why mine never died.

xo1tech

Post by xo1tech »

Kyosho Fan2 wrote:Ive got two here. When I raced seriously I used them at a continuous 100amp setting and just went half speed on the infield and flat out on the straight and it was rapid, but one mistake and you would dump on the last lap. Still using at 10D corally geared on 10:1 using 1400 and 1700s was hard work.

the more that you touch the pad when its warm the more it will bugger up so don't touch it unless its the day after. and thats why mine never died.
I've got one 410K I just recently took out of service. Never had any issues with it and it still works fine. I upgraded to a brushless system in that TC3.

You made referrence to a 10D Corally. I have not thought of a Corally speed control in years.

I got the only one I have out, looked at it and the paperwork that came with it, and do not see a model # anywhere.

How can I tell if I have the 4-5 minute version, or the 8 minute version?

It's been so long I don't remember.

xo1tech

Corally Speed Control

Post by xo1tech »

Duh! It says right on the front of my Corally speed control 4-5 minutes.

I still don't know what the model # is though.

Keyz
Approved Member

Post by Keyz »

I now have one in my possession. Can you tell me about the tones? It is supposed to sing a little tune on startup correct? How do you turn it on? And do you need a motor connected?

Thanks very much!

V12
Approved Member

Post by V12 »

Just press a key to turn on the 410K. A motor is needed for the tones, the winding is used as speaker.

Chillout47
Approved Member

Post by Chillout47 »

Can any of you remember the LRP speedo that had the traction control system on it? it had sensor that monitored the front wheel and would cut the speedo if the front and back wheels were moving at different speeds!! I think it got banned, I don't know if it was ever commercially available, but I would love to see one again.

Welshy40
Approved Member

Post by Welshy40 »

xo1tech wrote:
Kyosho Fan2 wrote:Ive got two here. When I raced seriously I used them at a continuous 100amp setting and just went half speed on the infield and flat out on the straight and it was rapid, but one mistake and you would dump on the last lap. Still using at 10D corally geared on 10:1 using 1400 and 1700s was hard work.

I've got one 410K I just recently took out of service. Never had any issues with it and it still works fine. I upgraded to a brushless system in that TC3.

You made referrence to a 10D Corally. I have not thought of a Corally speed control in years.

I got the only one I have out, looked at it and the paperwork that came with it, and do not see a model # anywhere.

How can I tell if I have the 4-5 minute version, or the 8 minute version?

It's been so long I don't remember.
Unsure as I used a tekin 410k esc and drove Corally motors due to the better magnets so gave superior torque so very hard to be beaten off the line. I set mine to 100amps continuous and used 1400scr and managed four mins thirty srconds before major dumping but did do well with 1700scr cells and only had one glitch when Craig Harris decided to up the amps for fun. Best esc ive ever had. Also helped having a Tekin BC210 pro flex charger as that made the cells more efficient so could be abused more.
Designer of the Lazer ZX / ZXR Tub Chassis (now available again from Fibre-Lyte)

Sponser links below
http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/
http://www.kamtec.co.uk/

Welshy40
Approved Member

Post by Welshy40 »

Just picked up another one for £50, so have one for my RC10B2, Yokomo YZ10 and Lazer ZXS Evolution.
Designer of the Lazer ZX / ZXR Tub Chassis (now available again from Fibre-Lyte)

Sponser links below
http://www.fibre-lyte.co.uk/
http://www.kamtec.co.uk/

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

Gotta love that tune!
[youtube]TgY3cCwGByc[/youtube]
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

isobarik
Approved Member

Post by isobarik »

gomachv wrote:Gotta love that tune!
[youtube]TgY3cCwGByc[/youtube]
yeah thats a nice one ........one of my 410K´s doesent do the tune ...:(

mvh isobarik

Patriiick
Approved Member

Post by Patriiick »

Close encounter of the third kind ! :)
I can't drive 55 !

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I never had one back in the day but was able to score one on close out about 10 years ago. What year did this Esc come out?