Cam pro motor setup

Brushed, nicad, radios, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Rc king29

Cam pro motor setup

Post by Rc king29 »

Does anybody know if there are any resistors I must use on these motors if any?
image.jpg

Dadio
Approved Member

Re: Cam pro motor setup

Post by Dadio »

If you use vintage radio gear then it was often a good idea to use a capacitor to reduce RF interference from the motor but not so necessary with modern radios on 2.4gig radios .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Rc king29

Post by Rc king29 »

I am using vintage radio gear so if I put any old capacitor on there it will be fine? I have some but I just didn’t know if there was a certain one I needed to put on it. Thanks for the response. I e been trying to figure that out for a while now.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

brushed motors should as a general rule, use three 0.1uF-0.47uf caps, one from each brush to the can (or screw tab) and then one across the brushes. the value isn't super critical, whatever you can find that falls in that range.

Some forward only ESC's recommend a schottky diode as well, it's up to your discretion. you have to be mindful of polarity.

Rc king29

Post by Rc king29 »

jwscab wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:38 am brushed motors should as a general rule, use three 0.1uF-0.47uf caps, one from each brush to the can (or screw tab) and then one across the brushes. the value isn't super critical, whatever you can find that falls in that range.

Some forward only ESC's recommend a schottky diode as well, it's up to your discretion. you have to be mindful of polarity.
Will either of these work? The yellow say 508 act while the green say 1h102k
image.jpg

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

Yup either set of caps will be fine. The greens ones are a little light in value (102) is only 1000picofarads. Not sure about the others the values aren't present but judging by size they are within the right range.

Rc king29

Post by Rc king29 »

jwscab wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:29 pm Yup either set of caps will be fine. The greens ones are a little light in value (102) is only 1000picofarads. Not sure about the others the values aren't present but judging by size they are within the right range.
Thank you so much. I’ve been wanting to use that motor ever since I got it but I didn’t know about capacitors. Huge help.