1990 Offroad Euros

The place for digital versions of race reports from various sources.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Jirka
Approved Member

1990 Offroad Euros

Post by Jirka »

RRC 1990 Euros 01.jpg
RRC 1990 Euros 02.jpg
RRC 1990 Euros 03.jpg
RRC 1990 Euros 04.jpg
RRC 1990 Euros 05.jpg
Jirka

fakiee
Approved Member

Re: 1990 Offroad Euros - RRC

Post by fakiee »

Craig Drescher's RC10 body is awesome!

lancia

Re: 1990 Offroad Euros

Post by lancia »

A European Championship in Belgium! It is very uncommon.
we created a surprise with one of our drivers on pole and second in the end.
the track was sandy.
We had to make a qualifying first time after the holes were huge
I was sponsored by Christain Keil for pack and motors.a bomb

. bad race for me; + -50 up
Rc 10 1985
B4.1
TC 02C
TF5

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

I have some bad memories from this championship. In the 4WD qualifications I was battling it out with two other guys wining the qualifying heats. And when I got the changes to run on new prepared track I snapped my long drive-belt after the first corner and locking up my front wheels on my Kyosho. Those guys I had battling with end up 14 and 16th after qualifying rounds and I ended up +40 something.
In the 1/16 final I battle it out for the third place with the new 2WD champion Phil Davies for a spot in the 1/8 finale. I beat him with a few meters on this gigantic 1/8 track that we drove on. 8)
3 minutes in in the 1/8 final I was in secured second place when I lapped back marker on the outside he T-boned in the next corner and I rolled me over on the roof. It had been okay if there had been a marshal in that corner because I had at least 10-15 seconds down to the 4th place car. But there were no marshal attending that spot, it was an organizer error! :twisted: So it took some time before I was back on my wheels again in 6-7th spot. And there wasn’t time enough to catch 3 spot. I tried to plead with the judge (Dallas Mathiesen) without success; he said that he have already given the driver a warning for the incident and couldn’t do more than that.
Afterwards I ironical discover that if I hadn’t advance from 1/16 to 1/8 final I should be the one that attended that empty marshal position. It took me some time to get over this incident, but this is racing and shit happens.
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Jirka
Approved Member

Post by Jirka »

Hcp22 wrote:I have some bad memories from this championship. In the 4WD qualifications I was battling it out with two other guys wining the qualifying heats. And when I got the changes to run on new prepared track I snapped my long drive-belt after the first corner and locking up my front wheels on my Kyosho. Those guys I had battling with end up 14 and 16th after qualifying rounds and I ended up +40 something.
In the 1/16 final I battle it out for the third place with the new 2WD champion Phil Davies for a spot in the 1/8 finale. I beat him with a few meters on this gigantic 1/8 track that we drove on. 8)
3 minutes in in the 1/8 final I was in secured second place when I lapped back marker on the outside he T-boned in the next corner and I rolled me over on the roof. It had been okay if there had been a marshal in that corner because I had at least 10-15 seconds down to the 4th place car. But there were no marshal attending that spot, it was an organizer error! :twisted: So it took some time before I was back on my wheels again in 6-7th spot. And there wasn’t time enough to catch 3 spot. I tried to plead with the judge (Dallas Mathiesen) without success; he said that he have already given the driver a warning for the incident and couldn’t do more than that.
Afterwards I ironical discover that if I hadn’t advance from 1/16 to 1/8 final I should be the one that attended that empty marshal position. It took me some time to get over this incident, but this is racing and shit happens.
This is just something that happens to every racer every now and then, bad luck that that feels really unfair. It also happened to You in Euros that it makes it even more sadder. It is only You (and us now) that know that You should have been in much higher position. If it makes You feel any better, nobody who was racing in 1990 Euros that I have talked, didn't like that race at all and only wants to forget it.

Jirka