WC1982's 1/10th scale thread

The place for digital versions of specific articles and ads.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

reign79
Approved Member

Re: WC1982's 1/10th scale thread

Post by reign79 »

drbelleville wrote:Ken where those Autographics Decals you had on your tide cars?
Yup autographics but finding them well i had a hard time finding them in 93 nevermind now :roll:
Ryan

reign79
Approved Member

Post by reign79 »

Well Kent i was really waiting for this associated ad to show up on this thread it was very influential on me as a kid. If you couldn't tell by my avatar :roll: I am a huge fan and have been since around 87 and alway wanted to see more of this car never saw any other pics of this car anywere? I hope you might have some pics so i could finally complete the electronics and any other info would be great. Thanks big fan Ryan
Attachments
tide003.jpg
Ryan

WC1982
Approved Member

Post by WC1982 »

slotcarrod wrote:
That is a great add, I still get a good laugh out of it! Look how sheepish Kent looks, great add thanks for showing! :lol:
Yeah, I laugh when I see that one too. :)

WC1982
Approved Member

Post by WC1982 »

reign79 wrote:Well Kent i was really waiting for this associated ad to show up on this thread it was very influential on me as a kid. If you couldn't tell by my avatar :roll: I am a huge fan and have been since around 87 and alway wanted to see more of this car never saw any other pics of this car anywere? I hope you might have some pics so i could finally complete the electronics and any other info would be great. Thanks big fan Ryan
I'll have to dig around to see if I have any photos of that car. I know I still have the body but I'm fairly certain the car is gone. Right after that we went to the RC10L SS cars, much narrower versions than the body shown. I probably converted the car into the SS.

WC1982
Approved Member

Post by WC1982 »

I didn't find anything on the car in the speeding advert, but I did find a bunch of other stuff...
CIMG8280k.jpg
CIMG8281k.jpg
CIMG8282k.jpg
CIMG8276k.jpg
CIMG8286k.jpg
CIMG8289k.jpg

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Creamdream Kent! Where is this stuff kept exactly? I love the fact that all this stuff is still around. How old are these? Especially the HPI Tide car. Looks sweet. thanks
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

WC1982
Approved Member

Post by WC1982 »

Surprisingly most of those bodies were in one box up in the rafters of my garage. Most of the chassis stuff is in my old pit boxes I used to travel with. The complete cars are stored in boxes at my house or at work. As you can imagine you end up with a lot of spare stuff when you're racing as much as I used to (I think I travelled 26 weeks one year!). Every race you go to you need the latest parts, a bunch of tires, a few of the latest/greatest bodies etc.

One thing I learned is that I have a TON of old TRC capped and foam tires still in bags.

The bodies with Tide paint are from 1986 to 1993.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

WC1982 wrote:Surprisingly most of those bodies were in one box up in the rafters of my garage. Most of the chassis stuff is in my old pit boxes I used to travel with. The complete cars are stored in boxes at my house or at work. As you can imagine you end up with a lot of spare stuff when you're racing as much as I used to (I think I travelled 26 weeks one year!). Every race you go to you need the latest parts, a bunch of tires, a few of the latest/greatest bodies etc.

One thing I learned is that I have a TON of old TRC capped and foam tires still in bags.

The bodies with Tide paint are from 1986 to 1993.
You're lucky I don't live in your neighborhood. I'd be like Dennis the Menace. :lol: I remember when the TRC capped tires came out. We all wanted to use them because they were so cool, but our track simply wouldn't work with them. Good thing in the long run 'cause the foams were a lot cheaper.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

damn............. look at all those waitng to be mounted tide bodies. :shock:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:You're lucky I don't live in your neighborhood. I'd be like Dennis the Menace. :lol:
x2

Heeeeey Mr. Clausen.............. :mrgreen:

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

I know I've said this in the 1/12 section, but I can't tell you how cool it is to me that you kept all this stuff

reign79
Approved Member

Post by reign79 »

After i got done jumping around the house when i saw this i didn't know if i was going to faint or cry. WOW talk about a dream that is truely a thing of beauty this stuff should be in a museum :idea: :idea:
Ryan

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Kent, I see some unpainted TOJ's and maybe some T600's but what is the 1st unpainted body in the 2nd row. Truly a remarkable picture and collection of your racing body history. Thanks.

This is all very interesting!

reign79
Approved Member

Post by reign79 »

Yeah looks like maybe maclaren can am Al :?:
Ryan

WC1982
Approved Member

Post by WC1982 »

a01butal wrote:Kent, I see some unpainted TOJ's and maybe some T600's but what is the 1st unpainted body in the 2nd row. Truly a remarkable picture and collection of your racing body history. Thanks.
I think it's a LOLA can am body from Associated. I used to cut them up and glue pieces together to make speed run bodies.

That's a stack of rare Japanese HPI Jaguar 1/12 bodies in the front row, great looking body. There's also a stack of TOJ bodies with a lot of them .020" thickness that we used for big races, the stock thickness was .030".