TQ10 manual scan?

The place to request any scanned items you may need.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

templeofspeed
Approved Member

TQ10 manual scan?

Post by templeofspeed »

Anybody have one that they would care to share? :?:

Are there early and late versions? I was doing some research on the interweb and at the LHS (he's been doing rc cars since the early eightes) and it seems the last production TQ10's had wide front arms and the "four-on-a-side" front shock tower, possibly turnbuckles, and maybe universal rear axles.

Anybody care to confirm this? :?

superfly
Approved Member

Post by superfly »

Yeah I have one in pretty good shape that i could scan for you but it will take me a week or 2 since its in my other place of residence. BTW its pretty much the same as a rc10 graphite manual...if that helps?!

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

That would be great, I'm sure it's similar to the Graphite manual, but I'll guess there are some differences... :wink:

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

This is what I found reading the old Radio Control Zone forum, written by Steve Pond (ex-RCCA writer):

"The TQ10 came at about the same time as the RC10 Graphite, which was in late '89. If anything, the TQ10 predated the RC10 Graphite by only a month or so. The TQ10 is essentially an RC10 Graphite. It was made exclusively for Horizon Hobby Distributors, and it added a graphite chassis plate, 2.1-inch wheels and tires (the RC10 had 1.5 or 1.7-inch rims at the time)and an Associated Sidewinder body. The TQ10 didn't have much time in the sun however, because Associated brought out their own RC10 Graphite as UPS was delivering the first shipment of TQ10s to the hobby shops. The Associated version included the same equipment as the TQ10, plus all-new A-arms, graphite shock towers, in-line front axles and steering blocks, universal-joint driveshafts, turnbuckles, stronger transmission idler gears, and a new rear bulkhead. The Horizon version was later updated to include many of the same items, but the strength of the Associated brand name snuffed out the TQ10 rather quickly.
I tested the original TQ10, which appeared in the January, 1990 issue. "

I'm not so sure about the graphite shock tower quote... :?

My LHS guru claimed he sold more TQ10s than RC10 Graphites initially because they were $20 cheaper, and he would then sell extra hop-ups because of the cheaper price. :wink:

FifthScaleRacer
Approved Member

Post by FifthScaleRacer »

If you haven't already seen it...

I scanned an RCCA review of the TQ10:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=166

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

FifthScaleRacer wrote:If you haven't already seen it...

I scanned an RCCA review of the TQ10:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=166
Seen and appreciated! :D

superfly
Approved Member

Post by superfly »

My RC10 graphite definitely had fiberglass shock towers...Bought a few months after released. The TQ10 had the white nylon idlers where as the RC10Graphite had the black delrin ones (i think thats how you spell Delrin?). The turnbuckles on the TQ10 were like the gold tub originals while the RC10Graphite had the black adjustable ones. ProtechII body as well for the rc10. And the RC10 Graphite had TQ rims and tires all 2.0". I always thought it was strange that Associated called the rims and tires "TQ" right at the same time the TQ10 was for sale...

Circa1992

Re: TQ10 manual scan?

Post by Circa1992 »

I know this is an old post but was anyone ever able to scan the TQ10 manual? I didn't see it in the scans section either.

Thanks!

WebSteve
Approved Member

Re: TQ10 manual scan?

Post by WebSteve »

The original TQ10 Manual has been scanned and uploaded. You can see the link here:
https://www.teamassociated.com/cars_and_trucks/TQ10/TQ10_Graphite/

Steve Husting, Webmaster
Team Associated

jcwrks

Re:

Post by jcwrks »

superfly wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:07 pm My RC10 graphite definitely had fiberglass shock towers...Bought a few months after released. The TQ10 had the white nylon idlers where as the RC10Graphite had the black delrin ones (i think thats how you spell Delrin?). The turnbuckles on the TQ10 were like the gold tub originals while the RC10Graphite had the black adjustable ones. ProtechII body as well for the rc10. And the RC10 Graphite had TQ rims and tires all 2.0". I always thought it was strange that Associated called the rims and tires "TQ" right at the same time the TQ10 was for sale...
Minor clarification, but the TQ front wheels are 2.125 or 2-1/8. AE called them TQ because Horizon commissioned them to build the TQ.
The official TX SKUNK