REC 15th Anniversary Tamiya Scorcher & SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea

Moderator: toyranosaur

toyranosaur
Business Member

REC 15th Anniversary Tamiya Scorcher & SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea

Post by toyranosaur »

A few days ago whilst in the 'Library' (Ahem) I was looking at a writeup in a 2003 RC mag that featured my Aluminum Shock Pliers (We did 'em first and they've been copied by several companies, which kinda makes me proud, but I digress.) So it dawned on me-I had never really thought about it- That 2018 is REC's 15th Anniversary! REC has been and is a very personal company that never planned to be 'big', and goes back & forth daily as to our future offerings and direction. But as this is a special year for us, we will be concentrating on the CNC bits for the next year, and doing several re-issues of badly wanted bits with the Anniversary logo, and maybe a couple off-the-wall parts too, who knows? Clod Alloy Wheels? Blizzard drives? V8 kits? Wraith interiors? Let us know if there's anything you'd like to see! Want to know when new stuff comes out? Just click 'JOIN OUR MALLING LIST', Below.

Anyhow, one of the most-requested things I get contacted about is past parts for the SRB's, the Scorcher in particular, and these 2 pieces specifically. Very few were made previously, and one chap who scored 'em did have a valid point- The motor wires needed more clearance. He was correct, so the new bits are not only cosmetically impeccable but updated with extra clearance as suggested, and the 15 Anniversary logo to set these apart from the original run. The pics do not come close to doing these justice, as usual, so don't be thrown off by the pics.

This beautiful set includes the 'Cutaway' Gear Cover, with a pre-outlined piece of .030 Lexan that you glue to the inside to keep most crap out but still allow a view of the spur gear as Tamiya intended- The illusion is cool indeed. Also included is the Matching Motor Retainer, with the improved clearance for wires. The pair REALLY Serious's Up your Deserving SRB Chassis in a major way- You WILL be glad you scored a set while ya could! (NOTE: These are made to fit the stock Tamiya motor, any other motors it's up to you to verify they fit the factory retainer.)

THE IMPORTANT STUFF ACT NOW to be Guaranteed a set! New for us soon will be an Ebay store if I happen to to make a few extras, but this is never guaranteed and the price will be higher, so.....
-Order by cutoff date, March 21st, to get the best price and avoid possibly missing out!

-These should ship within 30 days, by April 10th, but I'll get righton 'em so likely sooner

-Price is $99.99 per set, same price as the original run- Who loves ya? Includes FREE shipping in the USA. Int'l orders (USD only) add a Flat 14.99 shipping, covers any number of sets.

-Do NOT Paypal as a 'Gift!' Seriously, DON'T! Thanks but it screws me up!

-Orders will be accepted for TWO WEEKS, until March 21st 2018- After that, I start cutting the orders so don't risk missing out, Please.

-Send Pmt. (include Flat shipping of 14.99 IF Int'l) directly to my Paypal address, [email protected] -Copy & Paste to avoid spelling errors which really screws things up

Feel free to contact me with any questions, E-mail is always best.
Many Thanks!
Chris Cazan, Rogue Element Components
Paypal/Email address: [email protected] Box 1035 Pueblo, Colorado 81002 (719) 821-1526
See our gallery at www.rogueelementcomponents.com

---------------------------GIVEAWAY!----------------------------

Yes, on March 18th, one lucky chelloveck (Or devotchka!) will be picked by RNG to score a FREE set! Easy 'Nuff, only 2 Rules- First, just post here that you'd be into a FREE set of these babies: Second, you must check back here to see if you've won, and if so, you must PM or Email me your mailing address within 7 days (By the Midnight the 25th.) On the 8th day you're screwed & I keep 'em, so git on with it & Good Luck All! Chris REC

toyranosaur
Business Member

Re: REC 15th Anniversary Tamiya Scorcher & SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea

Post by toyranosaur »

SS4.jpg
SS3.jpg
SS2.jpg
SS1.jpg

mikea96
Approved Member

Re: REC 15th Anniversary Tamiya Scorcher & SRB & Motor covers + GIVEAWAY! Alloy Gea

Post by mikea96 »

Id be in for a FREE set of these babies! :lol:

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

I want I want... :D

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Happy Anniversary :!:

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Fifteen years huh. Good on ya Chris, Congrats. Those covers look great.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

Very nice, Chris, and good to see you back!

I'd certainly into a FREE set of these babies :mrgreen:

Yeeepeee! :D
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

Nice, you know I’m already in for a set. Can you make mine without the motor wire cut away? It looks like the motor leads can be bent out of the way of the motor cover.

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

15 years... :shock:

I'd be in for the giveaway. I don't even have a Tamiya SRB but will get one if I happen to win.
Bum on Direct Deposit

cooltoys
Approved Member

Post by cooltoys »

That would be awesome on the srb! Sign me in for the raffle 😃
Rc10 newbie...
Turbo ultima
Turbo optima project
Srb projects

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

Chris I have been wanting one of these since I I first saw them a few years back. So happy to see them offered and cant wait to receive!!!
Limestang

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

I'm in for a free set of these works of art..... :oops: :wink:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

toyranosaur
Business Member

Post by toyranosaur »

Alrighty Then: A day late but no matter! I counted 10 posts after mine, & the RNG picked #5, Lonestar! I agree, even though he misspelled 'YiiiiPeeee" but his educational user pic teaches us all where Lunchboxes come from, so they cancel each other out. Cheers Mate, just be sure to gimme dat mailing address within 7 days & all is well- After that......

Thanks for participating All, still a couple days to get a guaranteed set if you're not Lonestar. More later! Chris Cazan REC

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

Lonestar!!!

Congrats mate and huge thanks to REC for bringing the giveaway to RC10Talk :D
Bum on Direct Deposit

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

One off! Congrats man, and yes thanks to REC and Chris for the giveaway and 15th year.