Keeping rc10talk strong, what are members doing?

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Keeping rc10talk strong, what are members doing?

Post by Charlie don't surf »

This site is awesome I just thought I'd mention that

Y'ernat Al
Approved Member

Re: Keeping rc10talk strong, what are members doing?

Post by Y'ernat Al »

Good question...sandwiched right in between posts asking "What is this Worth?" and "How do I make these parts white again?". :?

Seriously. I commend those that got it up and now keep it running. Kudos. I came and stayed because I like it, particularly the older posts, builds, and collections. :mrgreen:
- Brian -

My Gallery

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

personally, i don't really want to see a bunch of promoting of rc10talk. if someone is out there actively searching for vintage r/c stuff, they will eventually stumble upon the site. if we start whoring rc10talk all over the place, we're gonna end up with a bunch of new members that aren't really intersted in the vintage aspect of the hobby. they just want to be a member of another forum.

if it's harder to find, the majority of new members are gonna be here for the right reasons. not a bunch of newbies signing up to show off their pimped out b4's and other crap like that.

the above is "my opinion", and does not reflect the opinions of the other admins. :wink: :mrgreen:

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

scr8p wrote: if it's harder to find, the majority of new members are gonna be here for the right reasons.
...and it's not hard to find at all anyway. :) I typed in RC10 and this forum was the third hit on page 2 of my search.
Gary

Bormac
Approved Member

Post by Bormac »

Yeah I'd just like to thank this site for making my life a living hell! Ever since i found this place and learned that this was the place to come if you want to realy find other like minded vintage nutters, it seem my collection has not entirely grown in size but rather in quality and killed my budget!
While Tamiyaclub was cool at first and still can be at times, this place seriously is the business if you are into vintage off road stuff, how to's and everything in between.
I dont realy come here to trade but rather share what's been going on either at the race track or when I finish or begin another build/project. I think its safe to say though that this place has some of the very coolest rides Ive seen anywhere and Im glad its not just for RC10's. It seems everyone from everywhere else finds this place and the better guys stick around.
In my experience i have found this to be the friendliest and most helpful place to come wether it be for advice or simply being presented with peoples attributes from which I can learn from.
A big thanks goes out to those who take care of, shape and mold this site into what it is today. Well done guys :D
-Jason.

Still known as- bormac

My collection-http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=10980

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

yeah, I'd say to leave it as it lies. I just happened to be cleaning out my parents basement, becase my whole fleet was down there, and even though i didn't touch them for many years, in the back of my mind, I knew I had to get them out of there. With my new little 17mo. old, I figured, I might as well dust them off and bash them around for his enjoyment. So I typed in 'RC10' for grins and giggles one day after assessing all the dirty broken models, and whala! a whole new world opens up, and now I'm stuck checking this site as often as I can.....

if it was promoted more, I wouldn't have gotten that great 'christmas morning' feeling when I first found the site!

now, I do mention this site occasionally to people when I start discussing some of my cars/helis/etc, and they say 'oh yeah, i had one of those back in the day'.

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

I only suggest this site when I know someone is looking for Parts or Info on VINTAGE Rides, and even THAT has bit me in the buttocks one time (fellow didnt want to follow the Rules, even though I WARNED him before he joined).
I like this place not just for the Vintage Info/Parts, but BECAUSE of the Rules, and the fact that "most" of them are Enforce. This place is sooo close The Perfect RC Site. There are only a very few things that kinda bother me. They may just be "missed", and I dont direct these at anyone in particular, but some are:
*Multiple BST Post (some of us work hard at that Rule)
*"Thank yous" and "Discussions" in Your Own Feedback Thread (Thank them in THEIR Feedback Thread, and discuss in the Appropriate Forum. The number of posts you have in the FEEDBACK Forum should reflect the Number of TRANSACTIONS youve made, not discussions about said transactions.
*Posts in the wrong place, and not being moved, or even mentioned that they are in the wrong place.
Keep in mind, Ive NEVER seen another Forum ran as well as this one (Thanks Guys!!!), these are just a few things that could make this THE PERFECT RC SITE. The "Bashing" and "Ganglike" activity on other Sites, have just about relegated me to THIS Site ONLY, lately.

RC10Talk.com, The BEST RC Site on the Net (without pimpin it out :lol: )!!!!!!!

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

MONSTER wrote:*"Thank yous" and "Discussions" in Your Own Feedback Thread (Thank them in THEIR Feedback Thread, and discuss in the Appropriate Forum. The number of posts you have in the FEEDBACK Forum should reflect the Number of TRANSACTIONS youve made, not discussions about said transactions.
Wooops , guilty , sorry

I don't advertise this site to snyone just interested in buying and selling material , never ever.
I do point here when I find guys interested in old RC's and leave it up to them wheither they join or not.
No need to chase for more members: it's not the number of members which counts to make a forum good , but the material posted in it. I see no reason why 'd we want to dilute the good wine with muddy wather ;)

reign79
Approved Member

Post by reign79 »

I couldn't agree more with scr8p thats how i found this place searching and searching vintage rc and wamo. I dont like seeing newbies and there new stuff thats just me i think it should be atleast all vintage if not all associated. :wink:
Ryan

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Ok, so I won't bring it up again--sorry

BTW, everyone here WAS a newbie once, get off the pillar

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Ok, so I won't bring it up again--sorry

I think this is how things get out of hand-- just because people are voicing their opinions doesn't mean they're on a soapbox. I think reign meant he'd like to keep this site dedicated to vintage, and not a rctech-type clone. Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

for the record, i will never give anyone crap about posting modern vehicles. but i will tell them to not make a habit of it.

another reason i'm not too keen on opening the flood gates so to speak about the site... the more people we have here, the better chance there is for people to butt heads. we have a harmonious vibe going on here, and i'd hate for that to chance because a bunch of new people coming in everyday. right now, we approve about 2-3 people each day. some days more, some days none. i don't think that's too bad.

i wasn't one of the founding members, but i have been here since day one. i know hoopty, and i believe melvin said it too, that they're surprised how much the site has grown. they never thought it would get this big.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

civilguy wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote:Ok, so I won't bring it up again--sorry

Ijust because people are voicing their opinions doesn't mean they're on a soapbox. I think reign meant he'd like to keep this site dedicated to vintage, and not a rctech-type clone. Everyone is entitled to an opinion even if it wasn't what you wanted to hear.
Good point!, I will remain harmonius :D

MONSTER
Approved Member

Post by MONSTER »

Mr. ED wrote: I see no reason why 'd we want to dilute the good wine with muddy wather ;)
Thats PERFECT, NO better way to say it!!!! 8)

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

I really don't think there are many vintage RC10/Losi guys out there. So, our little section of the internet is pretty small. That being said, I do not go out of my way promoting RC10talk. As Jason said, we already have a pretty harmonious vibe going on here and I don't want to ruin it. That doesn't mean we can't deal with noobs...as long as they follow the rules. :lol: Which is why I said to the last guy who asked "how much is it worth" that it's worth $20. Incidentally, that post has disappeared. :shock:

I only frequent RC10talk and Tamiyaclub. These are the only two places where I find useful info. I realize some people don't like Tamiyaclub, and that's fine. ;) I used to frequent the rc car action forum, but there are a couple of mega posters there that think they know everything. It's hilarious to see the other forum members there sucking up to these guys. Got tired and left.