Keeping rc10talk strong, what are members doing?

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Keeping rc10talk strong, what are members doing?

Post by Coelacanth »

What? You mean you DON'T want this site to be like RCTech, with bajillions of members and 200 pages to go through to find a single nugget of useful info (or not) on one specific topic, where some topics grew so large that it broke the forum's "last post" redirects for MONTHS??!

I like the size of RC10Talk and the level of knowledge of the average member is WAY higher than what you find "with the other sites". This place also seems to lack the distinct haughty arrogance displayed by a good number of people "over there".

I've always believed that all too often, growing too big isn't a good thing. Wonderful little restaurants that gain popularity by word of mouth & consistently great food often sell out to become franchises, and everything goes downhill and turns to sh!t. The same goes for awesome little free software programs; once the word gets out how many people are downloading a certain program, the advertisers take notice, ads & spam & popups appear, the program grows with bloatware as it tries to do more & more unnecessary things that it didn't need before, and before you know it, you have to pay for the program.

RCTech has useful info, but has sadly FAR outgrown it's boots. You have to wade through such a morass of crap to find a specific info you need that it's not even worth the trouble anymore.

The guys running this joint are doing a fine job; keep it up!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Coelacanth wrote:the level of knowledge of the average member is WAY higher than what you find "with the other sites".
Stop, you're embarrassing me! :oops:

Seriously, I agree and often feel out of place here by not only the knowledge, but the collections! :shock:

Nevertheless, you'll never get rid of me. :mrgreen: I love the way this forum just kinda keeps a steady flow of good members, never getting too big nor too small. :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

i'll add my love for 10talk as well.

i found it the "hard way" by searching "vintage rc10" and have loved it from day one of me finding it.
i learned about the vonats and all about all these crazy dudes and their awesoem collections....i'm not alone i said to myself.

everysingle member i have met, live or online, has been awesome. i've sold some cool stuff to people who can appreaciated and vise versa.

sure i race modern cars, but i don't really feel like talk'n b4's, i wanna talk about 10's and x2's and the cool crap we did with them back in the day.

so even though i'm trying to sell my house, buy a new one, as my 1:1 modded vw beetle sits in peices i'm here on rc10talk more concerned about finishing my toy cars before i finish anything else.

thanks for keeping an old guys addiction going rc10talk.

love ya! :mrgreen: