Request for rule change.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Re: Request for rule change.

Post by Mindwarp »

The fact that images can be manipulated is a counter argument for those saying they rely on the text. It only makes sense that if someone is going to cheat on a picture, they're going to cheat on the text too. I trust my eyes more than any text.

As far as the rules for BST being hard to enforce I call shenanigans. There are only 5 short, simply rules there. Making pictures mandatory won't cause catastrophic confusion, it isn't an IQ test it's just common sense.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Mindwarp wrote:\s far as the rules for BST being hard to enforce I call shenanigans. There are only 5 short, simply rules there. Making pictures mandatory won't cause catastrophic confusion, it isn't an IQ test it's just common sense.
The day you move, delete, edit and PM daily about enforcing or reminding about rules here then you can call whatever you want until then it's just spectulative. The core group here that uses the BST dosen't need to be reminded of anything- but since most newer members don't read the rules other than a quick skim- and I for one am not interested in pulling, editing or PM'ing someone that they haven't posted the correct image, number of images, preferred resolution of images at the correct angle under the correctly rated Kelvin lighting with the correct camera settings. If you as a registered member could see all the work that the Moderator of that forum (Klavy69) does already on a daily basis, you might see it differently-
Just for further clarification, I agree that if one is using the BST they would want to add good pics if they want to market their item correctly.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

if a person wants to sell their item quickly/easily, they'll include pics in their listing. if they don't want to, that's their problem.

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

Charlie don't surf wrote: ... they haven't posted the correct image, number of images, preferred resolution of images at the correct angle under the correctly rated Kelvin lighting with the correct camera settings.
Yes, that's exactly what I was asking for :roll:

Well, at least I tried.

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

if a person wants to sell their item quickly/easily, they'll include pics in their listing.
BINGO

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Mindwarp wrote:
Charlie don't surf wrote: ... they haven't posted the correct image, number of images, preferred resolution of images at the correct angle under the correctly rated Kelvin lighting with the correct camera settings.
Yes, that's exactly what I was asking for :roll:

Well, at least I tried.
Your missing my point. That's not what you asked for, your suggestion for images in any BST is on the mark 100%. But asking for enforcement of such is as difficult as producing what I described above. I would gladly post a BST sticky regarding suggested BST "etiquette" in that section that recommended good images and a host of other things as well though.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I will add a warning in my FS thread title that states "NO pics", so as not to waste people's valuable time while they peruse a forum about toy cars. :wink:

EDIT: Done! 8)
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

RC10resto wrote:
if a person wants to sell their item quickly/easily, they'll include pics in their listing.
BINGO

Voila 8)
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.