Request for rule change.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Request for rule change.

Post by Mindwarp »

I would like to request that it be made mandatory that members include pictures of the articles they have for sale in the BST section.

Thank you for your time.

Mindwarp

328isjohn
Approved Member

Re: Request for rule change.

Post by 328isjohn »

I second the motion put forward by member Mindwarp....cause when I get in I wanna see pictures too.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Why? was there something that you got or missed that was different than what you thought?

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

No, it's just a pain in the ass to have to guess what something is, what condition it's in or what colour it is and have to ask the seller "can I haz piktur pleaze?". Honestly, I can post multiple pics in under a minute, it's not that hard.

Example: Take picture with cell phone - upload to picasa - copy image url - past into thread

TADA!!!!!

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

I know there are forums that require pictures in the f/s threads to keep from any discrepancies(?). For the most part almost all here use pictures. For the few I know don't usually don't have any problems sending them to you.

The same goes though...pm and ask for pix...TADA! :mrgreen: Sorry mindwarp...just had to. We'll see what others have to say about it and go from there but I do know that the more rules there are the more you'll have to adhere to. The few in place now are hard enuf for some to follow.

Also apologizing from this point on...not intended to to piss anyone off or aimed at anyone in particular...just making light of a crappy day so far.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

klavy69 wrote:I know there are forums that require pictures in the f/s threads to keep from any discrepancies(?). For the most part almost all here use pictures. For the few I know don't usually don't have any problems sending them to you.

The same goes though...pm and ask for pix...TADA! :mrgreen: Sorry mindwarp...just had to. We'll see what others have to say about it and go from there but I do know that the more rules there are the more you'll have to adhere to. The few in place now are hard enuf for some to follow.

Also apologizing from this point on...not intended to to piss anyone off or aimed at anyone in particular...just making light of a crappy day so far.

Todd
No need to apologize, we're all big boys here. :lol:

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

I had/have a couple items listed with no pictures- mostly NIB stuff. Not sure why you'd need a picture of a NIB 6593 graphite tranmission brace.

I have a 'phone'-style cell phone, that dials people's phone numbers, so I actually do have to get out a digital camera, snap the pictures, hook it up to a computer and download the images- and I usually host them on photobucket. Not everyone has a smart phone or **gasp** I am guessing there may be a few members who don't even have a cell phone. We could just make it a requirement that you need to have a 4G capable smart phone with unlimited data plan to be a rc10talk member to eliminate that issue though.

I personally don't see the need for a rule that ALL listings must have photo(s). I would give you the example of a boss who makes every employee show up at 8am because one guy can't get to work on time... it doesn't really address the problem, but it does manage to piss a lot of other people off. :lol:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

Mindwarp
Approved Member

Post by Mindwarp »

A little birdie told me that maybe peoples stuff would sell quicker with a picture. Smart birdie. :wink:

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

Mindwarp wrote:A little birdie told me that maybe peoples stuff would sell quicker with a picture. Smart birdie. :wink:
I would agree, but I just got home from a 12hr day with a 75 mile ride on either end of it... I can wait on selling the RC stuff. ;)
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

For some of us oldtimers its been way to long since ive been able to post pics.All these new dang cameras are complicated lol.DON

blown5.0
Approved Member

Post by blown5.0 »

I am completely for this, I hate nothing more than opening a thread to find a brief description and no pics.
If theres no pics, I dont even waste my time.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

civilguy wrote:I had/have a couple items listed with no pictures- mostly NIB stuff. Not sure why you'd need a picture of a NIB 6593 graphite tranmission brace.

I have a 'phone'-style cell phone, that dials people's phone numbers, so I actually do have to get out a digital camera, snap the pictures, hook it up to a computer and download the images- and I usually host them on photobucket. Not everyone has a smart phone or **gasp** I am guessing there may be a few members who don't even have a cell phone. We could just make it a requirement that you need to have a 4G capable smart phone with unlimited data plan to be a rc10talk member to eliminate that issue though.

I personally don't see the need for a rule that ALL listings must have photo(s). I would give you the example of a boss who makes every employee show up at 8am because one guy can't get to work on time... it doesn't really address the problem, but it does manage to piss a lot of other people off. :lol:
yep, same here, absolutely agree with everything... I have an ipad that takes crappy pics and when I pull out the nikon it takes forever. My cheapo cell phone does phone numbers only.

For a lot of "standard" items pics are not needed. And anyway i can make a POS, worn-ouy-to-the-bone car look decent on pictures by spraying it with WD40 and taking the pic from afar... it still won't show how worn out the diff outdrives or how leaky the shock cartridges are :wink: I trust a reliable seller more to make a detailed, written description of the shape an item is in rather than a couple of nice-looking, misleading pics ;)

I like pics in ads obviously, but then again I think making it mandatory is pushing it :)

And as you rightly pointed out, the seller who doesn't want to post pics isn't doing a favor to his sale... but that's HIS issue, up to the buyer not to buy...

My 2cts...

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

I'm for it.
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

It's a personal preference, but I don't even consider buying goods unless I can see a picture..... :wink:

It gets my vote! 8)
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

The BST rules seem to be hard enough to follow thoroughly for some anyway ( as Traxxas Todd mentioned ) and if we were going to add that rule and attempt to enforce it.......I don't even want to think about all the work Todd would have :lol:

It's a good idea for images, but like Paul said images can be manipulated ( although its not common here at all ) and the BST is a privilege here, however we as moderators can only police so much with the exception of blatant and repeated problems ( yep, you know who you are ) otherwise deal with who you know, and who has a stellar rep ( like eBay ) we have a feedback system, add a link to your positive feedback thread in your Sig-