** PLEASE READ**

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

** PLEASE READ**

Post by scr8p »

ok guys and gal. i just wanted to let you know that we're gonna be doing some work on the forum. the biggest thing that's getting done will be adding some new subforums that will hopefully give a better structure to the site. for example, when finished, when you guys click on the non-rc10 section, the normal posting section will pop up as before, but you're now going to have a seperate losi, yokomo, schumacher, etc. subforums to go into. i for one have found the non-rc10 section to be a jumbled mess, so i really hope this will help.

and being as though this is mainly dedicated to the rc10, we're going to expanded the rc10 section in the same way, and it will also have a tech section.

it will take awhile to try to move all of the old posts around. but eventually it will get done. for now, we're gonna get it all set up, but the forums will be locked until everything is laid out.

i hope you guys like what we do with the place. :)

SoloGraphix
Approved Member

Re: ** PLEASE READ**

Post by SoloGraphix »

Forum updates are never fun, I have done quite a few...

I am excited to see the changes and look forward to the new structure, I am sure it will be good for all of us.

civilguy
Approved Member

Post by civilguy »

scr8p wrote:the forums will be locked until everything is laid out.
My wife wants to know how long she will have to deal with me...... :shock:

Just kidding... that sounds like a great plan! No more having to sort thru the Losi posts in the non-RC10 section to find something interesting. :lol:
The preceding contained opinions, beliefs and thoughts that all may not agree with. No offense was intended at any point. Carry on.
Jeff

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

oh don't worry. you guys will still be able to use the forum. the new subforum are the only things that will be locked. we're not going to have to shut down the entire site. :mrgreen:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

if you guys scroll to the bottom of the page, can you see a "Non-RC10 Section" with a losi forum in it?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

ok guys, none of the new forums in the "Vintage Non-RC10 Section" are locked, so feel free to stat posting in them.

i'll be getting started on the "Vintage RC10 section" shortly.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

as a heads up, i'm going to be moving the Non-rc10 vintage section " forum" into the vintage non-rc10 section shortly. i'm gonna change the name of it , too. eventually. :)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

ok, the non-rc10 section is done. feel free to continue posting to threads in the "non-rc10 forum". but, if your starting a new topic, please post in the respective forum. the mods will go through the "non-rc10" forum and move topics around to the best related forum. it will certainly take some time to do it.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i'm going to be moving the "reader's rc10" forum into the "Vintage RC10 Forum" shortly. as with the non-rc10 section, if your replying to a previous message in reader's rides that's fine. we will slow move them to where they need to go. but if your starting a new topic, please post it in one of the new forums that best relates to your topic.

phoenix
Approved Member

Post by phoenix »

New structure looks great and is highly welcome !

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

ok. i'm going to add an off topic/chit chat forum to the "general section". so instead of posting new topics of that sort in the general forum, post in there.

i'm not exactly sure what that (general forum) will turn into. but there's a TON of stuff in there, which will take a LONG time time to sort.

i also thought of adding a general "R/C Tech Forum". that would included stuff that has nothing to do with the vintage aspect of the hobby. stuff like spektrum radio systems, lipo batteries/chargers, brushless, etc.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Hey Jason,

Off topic forums can be dangerous. I'd much rather not know anyone's political/religious affiliations and just love you all for your rc10s. :lol: :lol: I think this is where a lot of forums start to loose members. Just a thought. :wink:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

RichieRich wrote:Hey Jason,

Off topic forums can be dangerous. I'd much rather not know anyone's political/religious affiliations and just love you all for your rc10s. :lol: :lol: I think this is where a lot of forums start to loose members. Just a thought. :wink:
i hear ya. but, people could have been posting that stuff in the general forum since day one. thankfully we haven't had any issues.

look at it this way. if members want to keep enjoying this site, they keep that crap to themselves. if not, they become members of " The Banned". if anyone wants to audition, they can feel free. :twisted:

i'm sure Asa could use a bassist or a drummer. :lol:

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

Wow, RC10talk is coming-of-age. I have to say though, the most shocking thing to me is that Scr8p changed his avitar. :shock:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

justinspeed79 wrote:Wow, RC10talk is coming-of-age. I have to say though, the most shocking thing to me is that Scr8p changed his avitar. :shock:
it just feels weird, don't it? :lol:

don't worry, Special Ed is always here in spirit. :)