How do you get approved for the buy sell trade area?

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

purpletimbo
Approved Member

Re: How do you get approved for the buy sell trade area?

Post by purpletimbo »

I will go along with that, and not only on this forum as well, very hard to consider dealing with people across the pond, unless you know that first, and sometimes I left things, not realising they were UK based like me.

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

MONSTER wrote:
adam lancia wrote:Assuming that MONSTER is thirding this I'll fourth it :lol:
Why!?!? I have my Location listed. Ive tried HARD to be a Contributing (though Im not NEAR as knowledgable as most here) Member here. I LIVE on this Site.
I think you misunderstood what I meant: you agree that locations and things like that should be listed (and yours is) which would make you the third person to forward the initial notion. I also agreed which made me the fourth person to forward the notion, therefore, you "thirded" the notion and I "fourthed" it. Hence the :lol: in my post because I have a pretty good idea that the words "thirded" and "fourthed" don't really exist in the English language. It was by no means a slam on you 8)

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

adam lancia wrote:
I I also agreed which made me the fourth person to forward the notion, therefore, you "thirded" the notion and I "fourthed" it. Hence the :lol: in my post because I have a pretty good idea that the words "thirded" adn "fourthed" don't really exist in the English language.
OH YEAH! I believe purpletimbo 'fifthed' it making me the 'sixther' of the plight :wink:
Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

klavy69 wrote:
adam lancia wrote:
I I also agreed which made me the fourth person to forward the notion, therefore, you "thirded" the notion and I "fourthed" it. Hence the :lol: in my post because I have a pretty good idea that the words "thirded" adn "fourthed" don't really exist in the English language.
OH YEAH! I believe purpletimbo 'fifthed' it making me the 'sixther' of the plight :wink:
Todd
I can see a new trend starting :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Diggley
Approved Member

Post by Diggley »

Hmmm..Ok...uhh..(?)

After reading all this, I'm still a bit confused...just how do I get approved for the BST?

Does someone contact me, or do I submit an application to someone?

Do we post 25 new subjects to get approved?

It's no big deal, but it would be great to sell/swap out extra parts, or find parts for new projects.

I've got a few Ultima, Triumph, & other misc. parts that might be useful to someone.

PS. Love the site.
Projects and shelfers:
Late Edinger, RC10B2, Dual Sport, GT, Kyosho Turbo Ultima, Triumph, Tamiya Sand Scorcher, Blackfoot/Monster Beetle, '67 Beetle, Nikko Rhino, Traxxas Fiero, Slash, Hand-built Dune Buggy..all on here somewhere...

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

Diggley wrote:Hmmm..Ok...uhh..(?)

After reading all this, I'm still a bit confused...just how do I get approved for the BST?

Does someone contact me, or do I submit an application to someone?

Do we post 25 new subjects to get approved?

It's no big deal, but it would be great to sell/swap out extra parts, or find parts for new projects.

I've got a few Ultima, Triumph, & other misc. parts that might be useful to someone.

PS. Love the site.
You probably missed this link, it gives you all the info :wink:

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=909
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

There's one thing for sure around here is that nothing happens automatically, so if you want to gain access to the BST forum you should probably take a moddy out to dinner at a nice restaurant or send them a $50 gift certificate from Tower Hobbies or any hobby shop would be ok for that matter. The thing that got me in was that stripper I sent to a moddy who shall remain n8meless, I contemplated just sending drugs but there might have been some complications arrising from that type of activity as these guys have been known to call 911 on some of the more unruly members we have. :wink:

This is all very interesting!

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

a01butal wrote:The thing that got me in was that stripper I sent to a moddy who shall remain n8meless, I contemplated just sending drugs but there might have been some complications arrising from that type of activity as these guys have been known to call 911 on some of the more unruly members we have. :wink:
What the...I didn't get any chicks or weed. That's it, I deleting everyones BST access and then its A$$ Grass or Gas to get back in. :lol:

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

bearrickster
Approved Member

Post by bearrickster »

shodog wrote:What the...I didn't get any chicks or weed. That's it, I deleting everyones BST access and then its A$$ Grass or Gas to get back in. :lol:
You might want to rethink that statement? about the Ass anyway?? :shock: have you seen some of the Pic's some of these guys post?? :lol: you might not like what you get??
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

dreambmx
Approved Member

Post by dreambmx »

How long after the msg sent to the admin via eBay will it take normally?

LowClassCC
Approved Member

Post by LowClassCC »

the mod will need to get on his computer, check email, log onto ebay, read your msg, then come here and log in to the user editor, and add the flag you need to access the section.

so it really depends on how often the mod is on the computer. expect 24-48 hours and just hope for less. who knows it may take less than an hour if the mod is sitting there and don't have 50 other things going on at that point in time but that's not likely.

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

Depends on which mod you sent it to, the time constraints of work and private life sometimes mean that 1 moddy may not be available to expedite your request. If it has been longer than a week then I say contact another moddy. Also check my post earlier about plying them with liquor, women and drugs might get you a quicker response. Actually just drugs would probably get the fastest response.

dreambmx
Approved Member

Post by dreambmx »

It's only been 6 days so I'll try to squeeze some strippers through my internet cable. The drugs went out this morning I think. I'm not real sure though as I just put the lil rocks in the cd-rom tray and closed it. When I opened it back up, the rocks were gone. So they must of went out, right?!?!?

Seriously though, when I sent the request, eBAy blocked my message so I had to send it as a request for information about a body he was selling. Do you think that could be part of the problem?

It took me awhile to get 25 posts as it was. On VintageBMX, I've been a member since 2001 and still haven't gotten over 2000 posts. I like to read more than put in my two cents I guess.

Mike

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

I'm guessing you're talking about MrLex and he's the one that is tied up with work lately. Be patient one of them has to read this post sooner or later.