London Riots - views

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

fakiee
Approved Member

London Riots - views

Post by fakiee »

---

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: London Riots - views

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Riots over what?

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Riots over what?
Good point, it's not riots. It's mindless thugs and criminals (mostly youths around 15-18yrs old!) smashing up the towns because they clearly thinks its a good time and can get away with it!

There is not valid reason for these people to be on the streets other for than there own personal gain.

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

saw the house on fire on the new's, serious stuff.

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

This is where I live: http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Lewisham

This is where I work: http://twitter.com/#!/search/hatton%20garden

I want to get the hell out of here!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

fakiee wrote:This is where I live: http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Lewisham

This is where I work: http://twitter.com/#!/search/hatton%20garden

I want to get the hell out of here!
Whatever you do, don't move to Vancouver, Canada during the hockey playoffs (Stanley Cup)! :o
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

I was just watching the news this morning. That type of stuff is just stupid. They should bring in the military and swoop up all the rioters then force them to clean up and repair all the damage.

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

shodog wrote:I was just watching the news this morning. That type of stuff is just stupid. They should bring in the military and swoop up all the rioters then force them to clean up and repair all the damage.
is this what happened post rodney king??? ;)

Paul

edit - actually they did bring the military in LA in 92... never made them clean it up though!

Paul
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

shodog wrote:I was just watching the news this morning. That type of stuff is just stupid. They should bring in the military and swoop up all the rioters then force them to clean up and repair all the damage.
Couldn't agree more, political correctness gone mad in UK- get the military in. Cant blame the police though, they are damned if they do, damned if they don't!

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

Sorry to hear about your close call.

Instead of sending in the military, next time send in the contractors such as Xe Services (aka Blackwater). They helped up clean up New Orleans post Katerina.

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

I'm ashamed of what's happening here in our country at the moment. These riots are being caused by people who are beneath humanity with absolutely no justification at all.

On the news last night there was CC TV footage of one man who had been hurt and was bleeding from the face. He was nursing his head in his arms and was clearly very hurt. Two youths went up to check if he was alright....except that one of them pretended to check his face to see if the man was alright whilst the other used this as an opportunity to open up the man's backpack that he was wearing and steal whatever was inside. Unbelievable!! They are an absolute disgrace and not only that, their parents have a great deal to answer for too! It just makes me totally sick (and a bit sad) that there are people like this that exist in this world. I truly doubt they have the IQ to be reasoned with either...

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

are these just average high school/college kids doing this stuff?

i was too young to remember the race riots from the 80's, so seeing this type of thing happening in england is quite the shocker.

there's got to be a reason, some sort of reason?

Jedi Master
Approved Member

Post by Jedi Master »

From what I've seen, it kicked off because a youth was shot by the Police. the youth had a loaded gun, and although there was no evidence that it was discharged, in my view; he had a loaded gun in his posession for a reason.... In the UK, armed Police only show up with good reason; if believe that a person has a gun. If the kid didn't 'give it up' then he has himself to blame for getting shot. In the UK we're too soft on criminals, so there is no motivation for the mindless idiots to avoid crime. Most of the 'rioters' were youths whose parents should be 'parenting' rather than letting them run amock!!

Put the kids in borstal, the parents in jail, and stop the free benefits for all of them. I'm sick and tired of the locusts in our society feeding off those who; work hard for a living and take pride in supporting the community. I think these low-life idiots should be treated like the rats that they are; stamp them out and feel no sympathy!!!

The politicians should give the Police more powers to ensure that criminals feel the right amount of fear. I'm not a violent person, but I am willing to defend those people within my neighbourhood who could come under threat from such people. I see these idiot rioters as 'bullies' and I pity any that would dare to show their face in my town. I'll happily stand in court and explain to the judge and jury that I was doing the work that the Police have lost power to do......

Sorry for the rant, but its time to make a stand!!!

The leaders of this world need to stop pandering to the money-men who line their pockets and start doing whats right. Many countries are watching their economies crash, their currencies evaporate, their investments get wasted by people who manipulate society, and people being sent to war to hide other 'agendas'. The USA, UK, etc etc need reforms to get these people out of power and restore those principals and values that forfathers have fought and died for, so that we can enjoy our freedom and happiness.........

(Gonna bash my had against the wall so that I shut up...... :evil: )
Do, or do not! There is no 'try'!
RC; Boats, Buggies, Trucks, Bash's, Racing and of course 'VINTAGE'!
My Ebay Feedback: http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jedimaster768&ftab=AllFeedback

treehugger
Approved Member

Post by treehugger »

Looking at the bigger picture :roll: the decay that drove me from England was the pressure to get both parents working to pay bills mortgage credit cards ,what ever debt ,life stile or financial situation, left the Latch key kids to grow up on there own .
Mum Dad gets home shitty day, shitty boss, bank...BLA BLA
PlayStation, text ,internet, Facebook, that's who is looking after our offspring while we do a 60 hr week with no overtime .
Blaming a unguided 15yo who has had no parental or moral support from a father /mother figure is a bit harsh .
Yes parents are partially to blame ,but being a 40 something Cornish-man remembers trying to find somewhere as a kid to ,well just be a kid was tough. bmx skateboard probably kept me out of jail as it gave me an out for my teenage growing pains LOL
But im sure if i had opened a vien for PS3 at 14 and drank energy drinks while playing grand-theft auto the special edition" F#ck it kill em all " I wouldn't be thinking about cleaning my bike :wink:
The sooner we get back to some basics with our kids and not throw $ at them to make up for love or time you won,t or cant make .the more they will resemble the AK47 carrying kids we see in some war torn country's
And I like the idea of making them pay for what they did ! and really feel for the furniture sales man.
He said "they cant loot a couch (settee) so they just burnt it to the ground instead.
A fitting punishment would be to give them 5 years as an apprenticeship teach em some life skills or if they fail to see the olive branch opportunity same time in the army .

Paul

CNA75
Approved Member

Post by CNA75 »

CNA75 wrote:I'm ashamed of what's happening here in our country at the moment. These riots are being caused by people who are beneath humanity with absolutely no justification at all.

On the news last night there was CC TV footage of one man who had been hurt and was bleeding from the face. He was nursing his head in his arms and was clearly very hurt. Two youths went up to check if he was alright....except that one of them pretended to check his face to see if the man was alright whilst the other used this as an opportunity to open up the man's backpack that he was wearing and steal whatever was inside. Unbelievable!! They are an absolute disgrace and not only that, their parents have a great deal to answer for too! It just makes me totally sick (and a bit sad) that there are people like this that exist in this world. I truly doubt they have the IQ to be reasoned with either...
This is the CCTV footage I was referring to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sIUMPncdRs&feature=related . It turns out that the victim was simply a by-passing innocent student over here from abroad. He has had his jaw broken by one of the rioting youths and is craddling it in his hands.

Interestingly, there is a petition currently up on the UK Government website which is petitioning for those who are convicted of these crimes to have their government benefits withdrawn - the argument being that no taxpayer should have to support the lives of these people who are so carefreely destroying the lives/livelihoods of others. In one day there have been just under 100,000 people sign it. Personally, I don't think it is the answer because if you take away the benefits that these people live on they will only turn to more crime to survive. However, it does show that the vast majority of people over here are so appauled by what they are seeing they feel they need to get the politicians speaking about it (if the petition reaches over 100,000 the politicians are obliged to discuss the issue in parliament under convention as I understand it). Rather than taking their benefits away, I would like to see them given 1000s of hours of community service so they become "extremely" familiar with cleaning up the streets on which they made a mess and with helping to rebuild the lives/livelihoods of those they have destroyed! May be then they might start to learn the difference between right and wrong.....wishful thinking.....