Team Blue Groove

Show off your paintwork, tips/tricks, decals, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mmdm4

Team Blue Groove

Post by mmdm4 »

Anybody ever use or buy a body from this co.? I have seen several of their bodies and they look pretty wondering if anyone has any first hand experience. :?:

jwscab

Re: Team Blue Groove

Post by jwscab »

lots of info here and on the web. TBG is how they are typically referred to here. I have heard the bodies are getting better than they were initially. There are other lexan vendors on these boards who have better product, though harder to get in contact with.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I have several and they are copying a bunch more for me as we speak. I have been very happy, the coyote they did for me is perfect, the traxxas fiero is thin in a few areas but the original was worse! The greenwood vette, mears off road, and ferarri i havent cut yet but they look good. Overall I have been very happy.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

Just recieved more from them this week. I have been happy with all the different bodys Ive bought. Not alot of other options and only a mouse click away.
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Donated a Batwedge body to TBG a few weeks ago and Im currently waiting on my first bodies Ive ordered from them. If Sandy didn't blow them away somewhere I'll chime in on the quality or lack there of when I get them.

So far though TBG has been very easy to deal with.

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

Donated a Batwedge body to TBG a few weeks ago
what? a possible batwedge repro, man thoes things are going to sell like hotcakes.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

I sent an associated 1/12 toj, nissan gtp, MRP Monte Carlo, and a couple others. Can't wait to see what everyone else submitted. So cool being able to get bodies like these. Oh, and bat wedge....count me in too!!!!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Dirtdiver
Approved Member

Post by Dirtdiver »

It will be intersting to see if the knockoff batwedge has the same lexan thickness as the original batwedge. I have an original still in the bag and the lexan is really thin (almost too thin). All the Premier bodies I have ever seen always had thin, light weight, racing lexan.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Yeah, figured people would want one, and I needed bodies for other cars. It was mentioned that they'd be made from thicker lexan than the original cars....which IMO is better. From what I've read the body is commonly banned in DO rules so there's no need for flimsier racing lexan.

GoMachV
Approved Member

Post by GoMachV »

The coyote body seemed thicker and stronger, the fiero I got has some thin spots. It will be interesting to see
Factory Works website

3trxvintage
Approved Member

Post by 3trxvintage »

I have one of their bodies. You can view it here...

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23050&start=30

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

TBG has taken a beating here on this forum, and reasonably so. His first attempts at forming were using a lexan like material, but not true lexan. OK for the shelfer, but run them and they would not hold up. Not cool if you just used a $50 sheet of OE decals for the correct look, only to implode upon its first minor crash.

Another incident where he repopped a body from a fellow member who went to great lengths to reproduce one that lots of people were in desperate need of. I do not know ALL of the details, but it ended up being a copy of a copy. And making the original guy who made the body ethically angry. I do not know if TBG had bought one directly from him, or if he aquired it from somebody who HAD bought one from him.

With that being said, you might think I hold a grudge, when in fact I do not. I myself had gone through the process of making Losi JRX Pro and Pro SE repro bodies, and all I can say is thank god I can go somewhere else to get what I need. I have personally sent Jon quite a few bodies to redo. AE Protech 2, AE Toyota Baja truck, Pro Radiant, Jammin Jumper (which he won off of me on ebay), Proline Nissan stadium truck, and he even has and uses my mould for the Losi Pro SE, wing, and gearcover. He is a very nice fellow to talk to, and holds a deep affinity for RC. He is VERY busy with all of this business now, and he sinks a lot of what he makes into making his equipment better. You can tell because the bodies he makes now are being made out of the proper hobby grade lexan, and the quality is very good.

So I guess what I am getting at is let the past go, forgive and forget, and be thankful that somebody is making a very large selection of typically unavailable bodies for those who need them.

Brandon G
Approved Member

Post by Brandon G »

+1 on the Batwedge. That'll be a cool one.

I have a Bolink 1/10 Porsche 962 I am trying to get him to repop.

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

Is the batwedge an dirt oval body?? I did a quick google search and thats what I got. It does look cool
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Brandon G wrote:...I have personally sent Jon quite a few bodies to redo. AE Protech 2...
Protech 2 is one of the bodies I'm getting. :D
slapshot1979 wrote:Is the batwedge an dirt oval body?? I did a quick google search and thats what I got. It does look cool
Yup it's a latemodel body.