XxRONNxX's JRx Series Collection and Restoration Thread Pics

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

XxRONNxX
Approved Member

XxRONNxX's JRx Series Collection and Restoration Thread Pics

Post by XxRONNxX »

I've been a fan of the JRx2 since I got my original buggy back in 1989. Unfortunately, my mom threw it away when I moved out. I've been too lazy to post my collection so here's what I got now. Questions, comments, suggestions? Tell me what you think I should do.

JRx2 new build with the hot orange wheels and Project JRx2 with the natural wheels. All I did different to the new build was replaced the original spur with a new profiled spur to match the wheels. I got a new MrLexan repro body but don't want to do a box art because I don't think it looks good with the hot orange wheels. Should I leave it with a mounted clear body? As for Project JRx2, I cleaned all the crazy glue off the chassis and added new wheels and tires. The car still needs to be taken apart and all parts thoroughly cleaned. I may mount this body painted by the man himself, Jumpin Jack Johnson, but its probably too valuable to cut up. I may just paint my other MrLexan repro body exactly the same way and mount that instead. Also thinking about selling Project JRx2...too many projects. Comments? Suggestions?

Project JRxPRO on the left and JRxPRO new build on the right. Nothing special on the JRxPRO new build. Has a new, clear mounted body. I'm not a big fan of the box art JRxPRO. Should I just leave it clear? As for Project JRxPRO, I wish I took pictures of the before and after. The car was covered with old mud, broken shock collars, crappy electronics, a ceased up gear box, and turnbuckles so rusted, one of them snapped. After a thorough cleaning, I noticed the chassis and motor plate had very few scratches, and the tires looked almost new. Maybe 1 or 2 runs and thats it. I replaced the turnbuckles with new ones, added new shock collars, cleaned the crazy glue off the chassis, stripped the electronics, added new, hot red spoked wheels and the car looked almost new. As for the gear box, I rebuilt the diff and reoiled the original bearings and the transmission and diff felt good as new. Also added a ball bearing steering kit. I got a new repro body from Brandon G. Probably going to do a Jack Johnson paint scheme on this one. Comments? Suggestions?

JRx2 Proformance Car. I got this not knowing it had the Proformance upgrade. I thought it was another ugly JRx2 on ebay with a lot of spare parts I could use for my builds. The original chassis was pretty scuffed up but the Proformance chassis wasn't as bad. Unfortunately, when I cleaned the rear springs, the purple paint on the springs came off too. Cleaned the crazy glue off the chassis, added a ball bearing steering kit, new tires, yellow spoked wheels, profield spur gear, new front bumper, period correct shock collars, original battery cup, and replaced the motor plate with a new one with the notch cut out for the longer upper turnbuckle. I got new yellow spoked wheels to replace the curbed ones in the picture. Also have another repro JRxPRO body from Brandon G. I plan to do the Proformance box art Gil Losi Jr paint scheme on this one. Comments? Suggestions?

A pair of JRxPRO SE's. I'm not sure what I will do with the one on the left. I may sell it or mount a set of Natural White Logo wheels and do a Jon Anderson (early 90's Losi driver) paint scheme. It does need a thorough cleaning though. As for the xPRO on the right, I got it on ebay a while back and cleaned it up pretty good. Added new wheels and tires. I'll probably do a box art. Ron Rossetti paint scheme on this. Probably going to try out a bluegroove ebay repro body on these unless someone decides to produce something of better quality. Comments? Suggestions?

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: XxRONNxX's JRx Series Collection and Restoration Thread

Post by Charlie don't surf »

XxRONNxX wrote: I may mount this body painted by the man himself, Jumpin Jack Johnson, but its probably too valuable to cut up. I may just paint my other MrLexan repro body exactly the same way and mount that instead.
More pics of that shell? I have one Jack Johnson painted shell, and on Gary Kyes painted shell. I'd copy them and keep them intact...and nice Losi fleet :wink:

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

Did you just get that body? If not, one sold just like it not long ago ebay. I saw this post and the scheme looked familiar...I like it...I'd replicate it too. :wink:

XxRONNxX
Approved Member

Post by XxRONNxX »

losiXXXman wrote:Did you just get that body? If not, one sold just like it not long ago ebay. I saw this post and the scheme looked familiar...I like it...I'd replicate it too. :wink:
Yep. That was the one from eBay. I was watching it for a few days. I was surprised it didn't sell right away so I did the buy it now.

howsyouraspen
Approved Member

Post by howsyouraspen »

Damn that's a lot of X2's! Nice collection.

JK Racing

Post by JK Racing »

XxRONNxX wrote:Questions, comments, suggestions? Tell me what you think I should do.
Send me your address :)

Awesome collection, you need to build up an early/early version now. That painted body is a treasure, I agree, dont cut it up, just copy the scheme onto some of the repros you got.
--Joey --
Vintage A&L and Factory Works
Old School Racer & Vintage RC Car nut
JKRacingRC.com

huminski
Approved Member

Post by huminski »

Just saw this post, was linked to it from a google image search I was doing, just wanted to say you have a beautiful collection there :) Very nice work.

matt1ptkn
Approved Member

Post by matt1ptkn »

I too have never stumbled across this thread and am now drooling... :lol: I too, love the Jrx-2 and got my first in '89. Would there happen to be any updates to any of these trophies yet?
Matt

Just a part of my RC collection: Matt1ptkn's Toys

"I wish there was a way to tell you're in the good old days, before you've actually left them."