Jay Halsey RC10 Replica / '85 Worlds

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

Re: Jay Halsey RC10 Replica / '85 Worlds

Post by scr8p »

i'll take it..... just in case i somehow screw up the only one i have (didn't put it on the bumper yet).

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

scr8p wrote:i'll take it..... just in case i somehow screw up the only one i have (didn't put it on the bumper yet).
Well, that's good to hear.... if you have two, that should make them fall from the trees from now on......

PM coming.

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

I'm batting zero on my Jammin Jay Halsey Replica project. First off I had a zero feedback buyer file a claim on me. He purchased my RC10DS through Ebay's Global Shipping Service in mid March. I sold this car to raise funds for the JJH Replica using a Re-Re RC10 as the foundation. I had listed the item as Continental US only, but apparently you have to change something in your preferences to opt out of this program. The item was successfully dropped off by Fedex OK to the Global Shipping Center. Then the Global Shipping company couldn't find the buyer's address in Canada. The shipping status has been the same for nearly a month - "Can't locate address". I attempted contacting the seller to see if he had provide the correct address, but no reply. Then, over the weekend he files a claim. At this point I have no idea where the RC10DS is, or if Paypal will side with this 0 Feedback Buyer. So my Paypal is on Hold until I pay $211 to cover the negative balance while the dispute gets reviewed.

About 10 days ago I thought I caught a lucky break when I found what appeared to be a navy blue JG Mfg Decal. Well, it turns out the seller had 2 of the JG MFG items for sale, and of course mixed them up when shipping them out. I am now the not so proud owner of another Pink JG MFG decal. I'm making very slow progress on my JJH Replica :(

- Limestang
Attachments
securedownload-2.jpeg

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

You guys have any idea what antenna mount was used on the #4 add/poster car? I'm sure the chassis is the same as #6 car because of the RX location on the tower and antenna position. Looking at the pics I thought the antenna mount was a cut and dyed black stock mount, but on close inspection it has a valley between the hole for the antenna and the screw, stock is somewhat flat with a tiny valley. Unless the black dye made it enhanced? Any ideas?

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

slotcarrod wrote:You guys have any idea what antenna mount was used on the #4 add/poster car? I'm sure the chassis is the same as #6 car because of the RX location on the tower and antenna position. Looking at the pics I thought the antenna mount was a cut and dyed black stock mount, but on close inspection it has a valley between the hole for the antenna and the screw, stock is somewhat flat with a tiny valley. Unless the black dye made it enhanced? Any ideas?
Hi Rod, I'm not sure either. Here are some photos of what I used. I found it on eBay. One member told me it was made by Parma.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=35579&p=443987&hilit=Jjh+replica#p443987[url][/url]

The Photo's from the 1980's arent always that clear, so in my case I took some artistic license. Good luck with your replica, I hope you can figure it out.

Mark

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Thank you. 8) One other thing of interest is the battery plug (if he used one?) is tucked in the rear bulkhead. I wonder what plug he used, if any? :?:

limestang
Approved Member

Post by limestang »

Rod look at the lower portion of this post. Has some JJH photos showing a battery plug.

http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35937&start=0[url][/url]

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Ok 2 pin AE motor plug used on battery, not sure the technical name but there is no way in hell that would fit behind the battery in the rear bulkhead, the wires show clearly tucked between the battery and the top deck of the bulkhead. The video car is from a different time and race. I wonder if he hard wired?

I wish there were more pictures of the car from this race! :|

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

I have been studying this car and building my own finally, and a few things I have noticed that have not been brought up.

1) The servo would most likely have been a Futaba J connector as I have only seen straight side bye side bye side red/white/black servo wire with that connector. The G connector is wound like a candy cane. Not saying this is 100% correct but If you look close at the good scan of the Japanese magazine picture, you can see what looks like heat shrink near the RX. I think he cut and spliced the G connector.

2) Rear tower was countersunk for screws under RX. Most likely all four done.

3) Rear most screw on nose plate has a white nylon 8-32 nut on it.

4) The #4 stock poster car had caphead screws on the front JG bumper, #6 had button button head.

5) There were no motor or battery plugs used, 99% sure of this as can be seen in the Japan scan on Ruffy's build page