SHOWME RC10

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

sbednara
Approved Member

SHOWME RC10

Post by sbednara »

Longtime member, first time poster.

So I got my first and only rc car way back in the early 90’s. It was/is an rc10 championship edition, ‘B’ stamp car. Ran great then but really just wasn’t into working on the car. So it sat in a Rubbermaid tub for years.

Well about 6 years ago I got it back out, joined the forum here but didn’t really do much other than that.

A couple years later I did the same except I did get the car going again, installed a new esc (tekin rebel) & swapped out the original motor for a fantom, not exactly sure what specs are on it. I also upgraded the transmitter & receiver to a Futaba 3PRKA and a R203GF. Then I put it all away for a couple years.

Well now it’s back out. My brother in-law wants to bash now, my son wants to drive mine, trying to get the inlaws to build a track in their back yard. So I decided to get back on here.
So here I am.

Anyway I’ve got some ideas about upgrading this car. I plan to call associated for some help. I plan to lean on the experience here. But make no mistake I want to fix up & run this car. Dirt, carpet, wherever. Not gunna be a shelf queen.

Any thoughts? Or insights on what I should do first? Or links to threads I should check out/read up on?

I’ll post up some pics of my rig later.

Almost forgot, I’m from the ‘SHOWME’ state, Missouri. Any other MO guys on here?
RC10 Championship Edition
Tekin Rebel ESC
Fantom Motor

sbednara
Approved Member

Re: SHOWME RC10

Post by sbednara »

heres a few shots of my rig and components.
Attachments
IMG_1193.JPG
IMG_1192.JPG
IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1198.JPG
IMG_1197.JPG
IMG_1196.JPG
Tekin Rebel ESC
Fantom Motor

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

Nice looking Classic.
Bum on Direct Deposit

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

One of my racer friends from bitd was a Fantom driver and he kept me supplied with motors. I still have a dozen or so of them 11t through 15t, singles, doubles, triples. Some of them feature fully machined cans that I thought were way to pretty to run so they remain in their containers. Kinda like Christmas ornaments.

Welcome (back) to the forums. My family hails from Illinois (near Springfield) but my parents lived at Table Rock Lake in Missouri for about 15 years after dad retired.
Doug

sbednara
Approved Member

Post by sbednara »

Small world. My mom is from a small town just south of Springfield IL. I now live just outside Springfield MO and we’re at Branson every few months it seems.
Tekin Rebel ESC
Fantom Motor

sbednara
Approved Member

Post by sbednara »

XLR8 wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:56 am One of my racer friends from bitd was a Fantom driver and he kept me supplied with motors. I still have a dozen or so of them 11t through 15t, singles, doubles, triples. Some of them feature fully machined cans that I thought were way to pretty to run so they remain in their containers. Kinda like Christmas ornaments.

Welcome (back) to the forums. My family hails from Illinois (near Springfield) but my parents lived at Table Rock Lake in Missouri for about 15 years after dad retired.
How can I tell how many turns this fantom motor has? Doesn’t appear to have any indication on it what it is.
Also any idea what the stock motor was that came on the rc10 champion edition? I think I still have that one too. I guess I’d like to know what the motor is I’m running before I make any changes to the setup.

Also any thoughts on buying used brushed motors or esc? Swap meet at the local hobby shop this coming Saturday. I’d like to pick up some components to get an older kyosho raider pro arr back up and running. I need just about all electronics including a transmitter.
Tekin Rebel ESC
Fantom Motor

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Not sure, your Fantom is probably newer than mine. Mine have engraver markings on the armature and some have the marks on the can as well. Your motor appears to have bent tabs holding the end bell (cannot be dismantled) so I bet it's a stock 27 turn.
Doug

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

The official RC10 CE manual indicates the car came with an Associated Off-Road Stock motor #6500.
Doug

sbednara
Approved Member

Post by sbednara »

Here's pics of my reedy which i believe came stock with the RC10 ce. it doesnt say '6500' on it. would that be a part # or some type of spec? how would this compare to the fantom? i thought the fantom is/was suppose to be an upgrade but i really dont know. what do you think?

on the bottom, across from where it says yokomo japan, it says ROAR STOCK. im guessing that would mean this is a 27t as well....? idk
Attachments
IMG_1202.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG
Tekin Rebel ESC
Fantom Motor

sbednara
Approved Member

Post by sbednara »

I went ahead and emailed Associated and Fantom with the pics. I hope they are able to id with spec info.
Tekin Rebel ESC
Fantom Motor

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Yes, Roar Stock = 27 turn. AE didn't stamp part numbers on their motors. I would say that your green label motor is what came with the CE. Earlier 6500 motors had a blue label but, apart from some upgrades to the brush holders, I reckon they are basically the same.
Doug

Lonestar
Approved Member

Post by Lonestar »

They are also a very mild motor - they were entry-level "race" motors 30 years ago, by today's standard they pure entry-level.

If this motor is in pristine shape, I'll use this as a nice shelf adornment :wink:
AE RC10 - Made In The Eighties, Loved By The Ladies.
Blue Was Better - now, Blue Is Bankrupt.
Facebook affiliate program manager: "They go out and find the morons for me".
Life is short. Waste it wisely.

sbednara
Approved Member

Post by sbednara »

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes this motor is in good shape. I didn’t really run the car much even when I got it back in 90. Prob will retire this & upgrade.
Tekin Rebel ESC
Fantom Motor