Currently Playing

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Re: Currently playing.

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Coelacanth wrote:
askbob wrote:Both of those songs and especially the videos are pure genius! I can only imagine hangin' with those guys for a night...
I wouldn't be giving the Foo Fighters or Grohl full credit for that "Walk" video until first seeing the movie "Falling Down" with Michael Douglas. It's a blatant rip-off of every plot element in that movie. :)
That video is a total homage of that movie (which is my favorite movie of all time)

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

True, but I just thought it should be known where the real genius lay behind that video...the movie Falling Down. :)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

Post by Toasted Coastie »

[youtube]j5mJQGMqJvw[/youtube]

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

That is my favorite Pink Floyd album TC.
Check out this rendition of 'Dogs' from Roger Waters In the Flesh Tour. I think I wore this concert DVD out a few years ago.

[youtube]aIsS9L9nqvY[/youtube]

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

went to the show, saw it live... not the show of the dvd, but same tour. was fantastic.......

Animals is the most untalked about under rated album by PF

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

from PF to PT:

[youtube]0uiYTtlQtX0[/youtube]

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I think Obscured by Clouds is the Floyd's most underrated and not talked about album. I know a lot of people who love Animals.

My favorites are Wish You Were here and Meddle. And of course Pompeii.

Toasted Coastie
Approved Member

today I am listening to Devin Townsend Project. I just picked up all 4 cds (I love amazon sometimes), and am enjoying them immensely. A complete departure from his Strapping Young Lad stuff, as well as Devin Townsend solo stuff. This is a great chill song.....

[youtube]2m2JTtu4uGU[/youtube]

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

askbob wrote:
Both of those songs and especially the videos are pure genius! I can only imagine hangin' with those guys for a night...
I really like the Coldplay bumper sticker at the beginning of the first video, that would piss me off too. :lol: White Limo is the best video I've seen in years, it looks like they filmed it with a home video camera, I love it. Of course anything with Lemmy is gonna rule.

Foo Fighters have always had great videos. I really love the first two albums, but kind of lost interest after that. imho, Dave is at his best behind the drums.

Here with current Foo, Pat and a couple other guys who know how to rock. 8)
[youtube]gtphYnoKnyU[/youtube]

Songs for the Deaf. Easily the best rock and roll album of the 2000s and this QOTSA lineup is probably the greatest "super group" ever assembled. Watch Dave go! Go Dave Go!
[youtube]OXrwFBG7-7s[/youtube]

Here is Dave's drumming hero and mine, Dale Crover. Along with Nirvana and QOTSA, Melvins are always in regular rotation on my stereo. For those who don't know, my screen name is from this band. Also in this video, the nastiest bass player ever, Kevin Rutmanis. Just listen to that tone!
[youtube]BzTa8LIY_CY[/youtube]

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

Nirvana was all business and difference, Foo Fighters is all goof and fun with some great song construction mixed in, and QOTSA were interesting but I couldn't take them seriously other than a little more than FF but still fun!

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

Charlie don't surf wrote:Nirvana was all business and difference, Foo Fighters is all goof and fun with some great song construction mixed in, and QOTSA were interesting but I couldn't take them seriously other than a little more than FF but still fun!
I have no idea what you just said. :lol: NIrvana was what? You can't take QOTSA seriously? I'm lost.

And I forgot to respond to this:
Charlie don't surf wrote: I saw them in 96 at lollapolza, good time- but since Cornell started doing vocals in that other band I think I will just remember them from 96'
I didn't care for Audioslave either. But, Soundgarden is back and as good as ever. Audioslave is history, thank god. I posted this already, but you should watch it. It was recorded last year and sounds 10x better than the album version. Soundgarden is our generation's Led Zeppelin, only better.
[youtube]crILNt7-kj8[/youtube]

transamman908
Approved Member

Post by transamman908 »

[youtube]x-LHeev58Ys[/youtube]
If things seem under control, you are just not going fast enough.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

transamman908 knows what's up! Nice one. 8)

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

I never could get Queens of the Stone Age either. Different, but couldn't catch their groove. Now Soundgarden was and is a great band. Not sure I'd put them in the same realm as Led Zeppelin, but great indeed. And I'm not a big Zep fan either.

This brings me to another idea I've been thinking of lately. That is how is the music scene gonna be after some of the greatest rock heros are gone? It's inevitable, because plastic surgery and botox can only cover up 60+ years of hard living. What the hell happened to ageing gracefully? In my mind, there hasn't been a great rock band to measure up to what once was. As in a truly musically talented group of people playing together who can also put on a great show. Aside from the somewhat unknown bands that I've listened to for years, and old great bands still kicking, a band with true greatness hasn't reared its head for many years...

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

A couple of years ago some of us went to check out Southern Culture on The Skids in Louisville. The opening band came out(Los Straitjackets), and we were like WTF!? They absolutely blew everybody away. I always have liked the garage rock/surf rifs, but these guys add a very cool edge. I bought several of their LP's at the show, yes vinyl, and became a fan. This first song kinda puts you right on the west coast beach...

[youtube]AIJi0yQX9jI[/youtube]
[youtube]M2NyQgQoPu4&feature=related[/youtube]
[youtube]w-42g352TaQ[/youtube]