Went to The Track and came home with this

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Re: Went to The Track and came home with this

Post by MelvinsArmy »

In my last PM to you I mentioned I had a set of front axles for a MT conversion that the nuts would likely fit onto the Proline axles, that I could send to you. In the mean time I also discovered I have a set of NIB A&L rear wheel nuts (offset for early conversions) also. Had you come to me like a normal person I'd have gladly sent both to you free of charge, even though I'm 99% sure I've done nothing wrong in the first place. Now I'm pissed. I'm pissed because of the way you approached me in the first place, but then I discover the path you started down in this thread, of calling me out like I purposely set out to screw you over. I'm gonna go cool down for a bit.

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

I've seen you read the thread since I posted, i know you've read my PM replies. You send two messages via two different websites, a call out in a thread, all within a couple hours, now over 5 hours pass and you're nowhere to be found. Where'd you go Roy?

[youtube]f4zyjLyBp64[/youtube]

Also, this entire project is stupid. You're going to hack up a super rare NIB kit to make a truck that never would have been seen back in the day. You could have easily pieced together all the parts to build this Frankentruck on ebay, for less than what you paid for the conversion kit. You could have at least pieced together parts that made sense for that late model Worlds set, wheels, body, etc. (You know, like an RC10T) Instead you're taking a first generation with a real, not Team Buttgroove repro body, giant knobby tires that were obsolete a week after they were made and mashing it all on a car that is from a different era entirely.

Had I known this was going to be what happened to that kit, I never would have sold it to you in the first place. It's one thing to take a super rare NIB kit like this and build a proper shelf queen out of a proper RC10. Had you told me about whatever problem you have with the "missing" knockoffs before you started desecrating an awesome piece of r/c history, I'd have gladly refunded you the full price of the kit if you sent it back, especially knowing that this is how it was going to be killed off.

Nice work. What's next on the project list, a NIB MIP 4WD conversion for your B2?

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

You are correct...I should have stopped buying on Ebay...You are correct again...This should be in the Ebay sucks department...Funny how I purchase an incomplete kit and I am made to be the asshole...Now why would I want to bastardize a kit with pieces from another brand ??? Because you can't fix it...I think this kit has been built on this forum before...I got an interesting message and e-mail from Proline...I am 100% correct...Maybe you should stop selling on Ebay since you are unfamiliar with what you sell...If Ebay would let me retract the feedback rating that I gave you would no longer be at 100%...Your I.D. now goes on the list of sellers that I will never buy from again...But I have big shoulders and can carry this blame [ complete kit when it isn't ]...I have it under control and it is being fixed...I luv how you admit that I stupidly overpaid for a complete kit...But you still can't understand why I am pissed...I hope others are reading this and see that comment and never purchase your way overpriced stuff again...And by the way I never mentioned MELVINS ARMY on here once...You outed yourself...So now everyone knows who it was...Give yourself a big pat on the back...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

There was a thread started in 2010 on here by smurf420 " RC10 buggy to truck conversion " ...Go to page 2 and go to the bottom...Jedi Master has a picture of a complete kit that he purchased...There is a sealed small bag with the conversion axles and bushing...Zoom in on it and tell me what you see ???? The long shank knock offs are right on top in the small parts bag...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

950 views...Wow did this ever take off :lol: Now back to the build :)

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

REMJ666 wrote:There is a sealed small bag with the conversion axles and bushing...
was your bag sealed?

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

No

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Now back to the build...Checked my Tower order and it looks like it is on track to get here Friday...Got my fingers crossed so I can make this a complete roller...Bad weather in this area and the unpredictable post office make waiting on stuff a real adventure...

MelvinsArmy
Approved Member

Post by MelvinsArmy »

REMJ666 wrote:You are correct...I should have stopped buying on Ebay...You are correct again...This should be in the Ebay sucks department...Funny how I purchase an incomplete kit and I am made to be the asshole...Now why would I want to bastardize a kit with pieces from another brand ??? Because you can't fix it...I think this kit has been built on this forum before...I got an interesting message and e-mail from Proline...I am 100% correct...Maybe you should stop selling on Ebay since you are unfamiliar with what you sell...If Ebay would let me retract the feedback rating that I gave you would no longer be at 100%...Your I.D. now goes on the list of sellers that I will never buy from again...But I have big shoulders and can carry this blame [ complete kit when it isn't ]...I have it under control and it is being fixed...I luv how you admit that I stupidly overpaid for a complete kit...But you still can't understand why I am pissed...I hope others are reading this and see that comment and never purchase your way overpriced stuff again...And by the way I never mentioned MELVINS ARMY on here once...You outed yourself...So now everyone knows who it was...Give yourself a big pat on the back...
Yes, you are the asshole. If you would have came at me like a normal human being, instead of a total asshole, none of this would have been an issue. I would have made it right one way or another. Instead I come home from work to two messages and yes, it is calling someone out when you say what you said on here. What are my to do when you make me look like I intentionally screwed you over in public? I should stop selling on ebay? Not likely. Your are one of the very few problems I've ever had. I've got a 951, 100% positive feedback rating and have been active since 2001. My ebay ID is alissonchains, for those who don't know. Ask around buddy, I think you're going to have a hell of a hard time finding anyone on this board who's had a problem trading with me. You on the other hand have been on ebay since 2010 and have only 34 feedback. "If ebay would let me retract the feedback..." That about says it all doesn't it, about who should not be on ebay, you don't even know the most basic of rules. I like how you made sure to send me a message to demand that I leave you positive feedback as well. For those reading at home, REMJ666's ebay ID is metalheadroy. He's made my blocked bidders list. I don't need this aggravation from someone who can't figure out how to settle his problems like an adult.

So you mention that "interesting message and e-mail from Proline". Post it.

Not saying don't build the kit. If you don't understand that you're hacking the kit up building this project the way you are building, then chances are you weren't around back in the day when it was made, or have no knowledge of the era it would have been made. You're building a completely unrealistic truck with an incredibly rare kit. That's all. You bought it, it's yours to mess up.

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

MelvinsArmy wrote:...from a different era entirely. ...
1991 vs. 1992.

[youtube]iCqNamu_Fpc[/youtube]

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

I ran out of popcorns, can anyone provide me with some?

CamplinP
Approved Member

Post by CamplinP »

Asso_man! wrote:I ran out of popcorns, can anyone provide me with some?
I have some left.
icon_smile_popcorn.gif
icon_smile_popcorn.gif (2.88 KiB) Viewed 665 times
icon_smile_popcorn.gif
icon_smile_popcorn.gif (2.88 KiB) Viewed 665 times
The Fox, Falcon, 9 RC10s black/gold/graph, Optima Mid SE EXT, Losi XXXT, B3, B4, 3 T4s, Evader BX, Evader ST, Buggy Champ '09, Sand Scorcher '10, RC10T, RC10DS

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

It's cheese and whine being served in this thread. :|

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

REMJ666, you went about resolving this issue the wrong way! A simple PM to MelvinsArmy and then patience for his reply! I KNOW he will make good of any issues!

MelvinsArmy, It's his money, kit, build! It was not polite to criticize his choices!

Guys, everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect! How can we remember what items were in each and every kit last year let alone 20? Plus, how do we know the mistake was not from Proline originally?

Shake hands, kiss, hug, whatever! Just build a bridge and get over it! 8)

surgetek
Approved Member

Post by surgetek »

CamplinP wrote:
I have some left.
icon_smile_popcorn.gif
I just read the last couple posts. I'm going to read it backwards. Kind of like a Tarantino move.