Trying to ID 3 '10s

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

pj81

Trying to ID 3 '10s

Post by pj81 »

I stumbled across these out at my dad's place and am having a blast cleaning them up. I was hoping someone out here could use their wise eyes and try and ID what I am working with. I read the history of the rc10 thread and it was great info, just looking for some advice on when I am looking for parts, if it will make a difference if I purchase for the different editions.

Thanks in advance for any advice and please let me know if I posted this in the wrong spot, kind of new to this.

All three are A stamped, the one box that is still around is for a cadillac, all three vary in the shade of the pans. I have two stock motors, one with the cadillac address and one with edinger. Also one has andy's suspension and all three have the 6 gear tranny. two mechanical speed controls and one novak 4 and all servos and the rx is futaba. tx is futaba with 2 sticks. one set of rear tires has pro-line competition on them, others have nothing or TA printing.

I am going to get these back into proper shape and was just wondering if any parts shouldn't be interchanged between the three.

Thanks!

jwscab

Re: Trying to ID 3 '10s

Post by jwscab »

all three can have parts swapped between them no problem. They are all mid production cars, so they have the usual stuff. Except for the very early cars with some specific parts, any mid production short arm cars can have any number of variations. They never made different 'models', just running changes during production. They are all 'correct'.

pj81

Post by pj81 »

Thank you!

necka
Approved Member

Post by necka »

It looks like one buggy has rear springs in the front end shocks. If you have the shorter springs you might want to switch it out, the buggy will sit better and be properly assembled.

pj81

Post by pj81 »

I saw they were longer and swapped cause of the suspension arms - it had truck wheels on it too... Anyone want to swap some parts? :D

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

You can start swapping parts in the BST, once you are approved for it - :wink:

pj81

Post by pj81 »

That makes sense, my mistake - anyone want to let a new guy know how to search on here? I am not too savvy

Thanks again

VintageCat
Approved Member

Post by VintageCat »

pj81 wrote:That makes sense, my mistake - anyone want to let a new guy know how to search on here? I am not too savvy

Thanks again
The search button is up at the top of the page, right under the site logo (with the pic of the rc10.)

Searching is a balancing act at times, try to be specific enough with your search terms to find what you need without using terms so general you get a thousand posts to sort through in your results.

pj81

Post by pj81 »

Thank you! I would have been looking forever :D