My runner

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

saucisse
Approved Member

My runner

Post by saucisse »

First thing first...hope my English is not that bad as French is my 1st language :wink:

I bought this JRXT brand new, believe it was back in 1989 with money I got from mowing neighbor's lawn.

I found this baby like 2 months ago after sitting in a box in my parents's basement for more then 13 years. I ran this truck probably like 10 times or so and got bored because of the poor run time I had from my 800mah nicad pack (woohoooo !!)

The overhall condition is quite good I must say, the rear tires are the original ones and are still showing some studs left.

The only part showing some major scratchs is the under body. It was pretty much stock except for the rear suspension...back in the days, beeing unable to find the original parts in my LHS, I converted the shocks attaching point to the lower lateral links with ball ends. Cheap but quite effective.

The only part missing was the tie down bar of the battery cup.

Mods and spare parts time...

Since I planned to run this baby and wanted to do a brushless conversion, I needed to gather as many spare parts that I can. Found some on ebay and luckily, a LHS sold me his left overs of JRX2 parts for a pocket of coins.

My favorite grab (ebay) is this xx retrofit 2.19: tranny for buggy with a longer final drive, perfect for my brushless conversion.... and the telescopic shaft are gone, replaced with the dog bones that came with the retrofit. Later on I'll swap the dog bones for MIP CVD's I found on ebay ( sorry for that one, aconsola)

Brushless Conversion

The xxretrofit tranny was no match for my brushless setup: Schulze U-Force 75/Plettenberg Extreme/MaxpAmps 11.1v 6000mah Lipo....even with a slipper/hydra-drive combo, the diff slipped and the main gear's ball bearings heated up as hell, melting the gear :? talk about overkill :oops: :lol:

Luckily the gear is still available from Horizon Hobby!! I brought a brand new gear to a local machineshop and they're going to make this tranny bulletproof, making metal gears for it :twisted:

I'll post some more pics as soon as I get my metal gears.

Oh by the way, anybody knows why they've put some brass bushings instead of bearings in the JRXT's second gen tranny?? (the one with a grey casing)
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

the grey case LRM transmissions (not the retrofit) came on the junior 2 and junior-t, which were entry level bushing vehicles. I believe that the jrx2/t/pro and proSE all came with black cases and bearings.

You got that trans off of warpspeedbatteries I assume. I pointed out to him that it was a junior transmission. He is a little shady with some of his descriptions, with the amount that he sells, he should know better what he has. He tried to pass off a bushinged junior trans as a XXretrofit because of the grey case.

I got my Brothers junior-2 out of storage from my dad's house earlier this year to refurbish it for him. All it was missing was the top to the battery box, must be some gremlins out there eating them. :D

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

aconsola wrote: He is a little shady with some of his descriptions, with the amount that he sells, he should know better what he has.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

saucisse
Approved Member

Post by saucisse »

Yup...from warpspeedbatteries :roll:

No big deal for the price dough.

*edit* yes it was "valkyrie-rc-motorsports"
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!!

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

saucisse wrote:Yup...from warpspeedbatteries :roll:
You mean "valkyrie-rc-motorsports"...

:?

WARPSPEEDBATTERIES

INCORRECT TRANNY

Post by WARPSPEEDBATTERIES »

Well, here we go again...yes, this was pointed out to me, and I did attempt to make a modification to the ad in the lower section...perhaps it was not clear. My apologies. NO DECEIT WAS INTENDED. Further, had I been contacted I would have made it right, I always do. I back what I sell, not like some sellers who post “Do not bid, thanks” with a nice negative. The only shady thing here is the fact that no one on this post has the balls to contact me directly with any issue that they may have. Instead it is a bashing session from people (most) who have never met me or have ever had dealings with me. I am sorry that I am not perfect like everyone else is here. I make mistakes, the only difference is I will be the first to admit it rather than bi*ch about it behind ones back. Most of you are avid collectors, and I am sure we have all been stiffed on eBay. I am not one of those back stabbers. It really is pathetic that a site as neat as this has to become something it is not meant to be, a Jerry Springer collection of jerks that have clearly lost site of the hobby and their decency. Start discussing the hobby, and enjoying it. People flip a house or a car and there is nothing wrong with it. I flip a RC and somehow I have pissed on the sacred grave of RC and don't understand a thing about collecting...trust me, I think I have a handle on what it means to collect and help others, I do it every day. I know I am not popular here, but I can sleep at night. My feedback speaks for itself, and I really do not appreciate the liable in any way shape or form. Judge me not, walk a mile in my boots, and I think you might want to trade the legs for ones that work (Thank the US Army for that). My email is posted in EVERY AD I list, very very rarely do I get emails saying I have listed something wrong, or have attempted to rip someone off. If I make a mistake point it out. I would rather have an open discussion and be able to discuss it where both might gain something beneficial. Again, pathetic and to think I once put my life on the line to protect your liberties such as this...get a life.

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

As much as you may not realise, you are welcome here. As are all the other flippers and parter-outers. We welcome all of your input! 8)

There are many of us here that have purchased from you (as warpspeedbatteries) without issue. However, this is an open forum, and nobody is exempt from comment... :twisted:

Now, what's the deal with your collection, I'm sure we all would love to get a glimpse of it!

8)

aconsola
Approved Member

Post by aconsola »

Like templeofspeed wrote, we would love to see your collection. You obviously flip a lot of vehicles, but not all the parts you bid on(or I should say have outbid me on) seem to make it to your sales side, so you must do something with them.

I've done my share of rc car and part flipping, so that is not the issue(at least for me). In my opinion the junior gearbox should have been pulled after I emailed you through ebay to tell you what it was. The buyer of the gearbox had no problem with the item despite my issue so I guess it doesn't matter. There were other auctions that I don't have the time to search for that I had issues with, but it is really not important as I did not win them.

We have been no more critical of your auctions than of other frequently posting members(Asa got roasted a couple of times if you care to look), and they seem to still post and share.

Before one of the nitpicky spelling police pipe up, it is libel not liable.
-Anthony

badhoopty
Approved Member

Re: INCORRECT TRANNY

Post by badhoopty »

WARPSPEEDBATTERIES wrote:Well, here we go again...
all you gotta do is say the comment was incorrect and you corrected the listing once the issue was brought up.

i got no problem with you or anybody else piecing out rigs on ebay, what pisses me off are the idiots bidding most of your listings sky high... i've been one of those idiots quite a few times, and so has just about everybody else here i'm sure.

i wish you had more interest in this forum other than just going off the handle when somebody makes a comment about something they see on ebay.

mrlexan
Approved Member

Post by mrlexan »

I am feeling a bit wound up this morning... it is probably best that I let his die, but..........

The way I see this (and I “think” I am being as possible and not taking sides)………… and of course I recognize that everyone interprets things differently, and you certainly aren’t going to make everyone happy…..

I fail to read that anything derogatory regarding was stated in Anthony’s post. Personally, I agree that descriptions should be a detailed as possible, regardless of what or how many pics are shown…. that is just my style. Anthony is just stating that a description along the lines of, and using another quoted example of, “Used usable” is quite frankly “alittle shady.” Now the question becomes, do people have the time to write “proper” descriptions? That is an individual’s choice …. in the fast food world we live in the trend tends to be not. What a detailed description attempts to offer is no room for interpretation, which is good customer service (the intent of any successful “business.”) Provide that and everyone is guaranteed to be happy.

I have to agree with hoopty, in the sense of not constructively contributing to the forum. Take the time to contribute and get to know the members even if it is over the net. I believe one should not join a forum just to defend/offend, warranted or not. Michael has two posts, both only focusing on taking a defensive or offensive stance (depending on how you look at it). Two negative flavored posts…….. I ask, is that being judgemental?

Check your feelings at the door is another good rule to live by. It is almost certain that each of us at some point at time is going to be the subject of scrutiny by someone else and/or we will disagree with one another. Heck, Asa recently got roasted, you could say that both myself and Melvin got roasted or roasted one another, but no one here, at least it seems, holds or held anything against anyone. I know I pissed Scr8p off before I was a member here (I LOVE YOU MAN!)…. Likely he was not the first, nor the last. He does hold it against me, nor do I hold it against him... it's all good.

Tearing down or flipping stuff is not the issue, though somehow it seems to have been compounded with the intended subject matter, so let that one go and no one should get their feelings hurt over it. We all do it. Whether it be from ebay to ebay, LHS to ebay, flea market to ebay, etc. That is how we keep ebay in business and keep our own interests funded.

Going down this current path this thread is on, no one will win. Likely we will loose a customer on our stuff, Michael will loose a customer (or plural) on his stuff, and this forum still won't see the light of Michael’s collection.

Can’t we all just get along. Most of us are here for the same reason, to enjoy the hobby as we share the same interests. Keep that in mind and everything will be golden.

OK, I will get off my soapbox now…… If I offended anyone, just remember I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

You are totally right Jay, nothing to ad :!:

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

mrlexan wrote: OK, I will get off my soapbox now…… If I offended anyone, just remember I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
Well said Jay, i guess we're all going to need a group hug

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I have written that I don't like flipping before but that's just my personal opinion.

However in retrospect it just seems to be a normal part of the hobby. Sometimes the one bit you need is on a car you don't require. So you buy the car and have the rest to sell on. To make it easier to sell and coincidently make the most money you part it out. I've done it before and might do it again sometime...

As for warpspeedbatteries character and selling practice. I can say from my experience he is a fantastic seller. I bought my $20 ebay beater from him. There was a misunderstanding at customs, which he resolved by writing a notorised letter on my behalf to UK customs and also providing me with some spares to smooth things over, so I ended up with a nearly complete car. :shock:

From this dealing I can say I would purchase from him again as he communicates quickly and in a friendly manner and goes out of his way to resolve any issues you might have. I rate him very highly as an ebayer and most likely as a person, if I am judging his character from his dealings with me (having never met him). 8)

So yeah he's one of the best in my opinion...just remember you don't have to bid if you don't want to :lol:

Oh, hugs all round and Michael, please come back and share your collection...

P.S. Michael here is the car and the progress to date I have made on it as you said you'd be interested to see it http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1937

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

I also bought parts from him and never had any problem, shipping lag, misunderstanding or whatever. A+++ for that. As for posting pics and participating to the forum, I must give a A--- :D , please post pics, I'm sure you have a very nice collection, and if you don't with all the stuff you sold/sell, it would be a pitty! You are more than welcome here :wink:

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

Well, I have not purchased anything from Michael but to his credit, everytime I've asked a question, he's been prompt in his response. I agree that "used usable" is simply not enough info. I mean, if you don't care what you're selling then I don't care to bid.

Anyways, everyone here is incredibly friendly. Asa got ripped (funny how this episode always comes up) and he still posts and helps out like everyone else. Michael, please take the time to know us before you judge. And, post some damn pics already!! :) :wink: