Rollin' with the big boy......

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Rollin' with the big boy......

Post by NickTheGreek »

Didn't know where to post this.....Since it's my re re....I figured the re re thread.....

Just wanted to share the pic....

The Worlds car rollin with the big boy..........The worlds was gettin down....with the 5700...
I just had to watch out not to get t-boned.....

My friends 5t.....That's a sick body on there...Completly transforms that truck.
Those rims ain't to shabby either....I think they were like $350 .....Body was around 3 bills, I think fom Australia....n another 200 for the decals.....Enigine right now is an OBR full mod 30.5 reed case.
Thing hauls......( the Worlds was blowin past him....ah yeah babe)
Wasn't really into the 5t's "looks" , but this thing, the way he has it looks sick.
Now he wants to chrome it out......

......n he's tellin me " you should make a custom rc10 5th scale" like its a piece of cake or something.......n when I tell him about the cost of this kind of endeavor, he's lookin at me like I have 2 heads......
"All you have to do is go to a machinist n have him make the chassis....then start mix matching parts ...etc etc "

Yeah,ok...

Too bad he isn't into rc10's or I'd flip it around n talk him into it.

Edit: I couldn't find a body clip so I had to make a quick run to the supermarket n defile the batch of asparagus.
Attachments
image.jpg

shodog
Approved Member

Re: Rollin' with the big boy......

Post by shodog »

Those big 1/5 cars are intimidating to be around while running. I always back way out of the way when running my 5b. I would hate for it to slide in too close and take out my ankles.

NickTheGreek
Approved Member

Post by NickTheGreek »

Yeah, I know what you mean......

A while back that thing (5t) just took off full bore.....good thing we were in a field with nothing around and it just blew through the woods ....

After that he set up like 3 different kill switches...

......after that, if we took it to the beach , the thought was always there of it making that beeline for the water....lol, imagine watching that.

Edit:
The reason I was mentioning the prices of the body,decals n rims is because me n another friend are always getting on him about "so, how much money do you have into that thing now" .... With a few different light kits, a few carbureters, the mod motor, kill switches ,body,rims, n a whole lot more I can't think of. The servo he's about to get is something like 5-600 n runs on a 4s.......n now he wants to chrome it out ....by the time it's all said n done I can see him being at least 12 thousand in the hole......n the brother works hard for his money.....it's not like it's not hurting his pocket....it's hurtin it real bad.
That being said, the body,rims n lights were money well spent, cause that car really looks awesome....those pics don't do it justice.

Only thing I don't like when I ride with him is I get the urge to let my Worlds loose which results in some bad cartwheels (I'm overpowered...I can't believe I haven't broke an arm, a shock tower or bent a shock yet) ....but I have no choice....I gotta take it to him. :D

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

It's easy to drop some dough on those 1/5 scale cars. I've spent a considerable sum on mine. Upgraded 30.5cc motor and pipe, Racing clutch, front disc brakes, Spektrum 2.4Ghz radio. just recently I bought two sets of aluminum wheels and a Carbon fiber 5T body.

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

Come on Shodog - we need to see the goodies mounted :D
Gone fishing

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

1:5th's can get rather pricey. I dropped $3200 + extras on a limited edition Harm SX3 Euro, one of only 50 made. It actually ended up being one of 52 as me and another guy were late to the party and had to wait while they made 2 extra cars in Germany.

I wish I never sold it ($1700) and it was still brand new never started, funnily enough the dealer who sold it to me saw my ad and bought it back for another customer of his.
Attachments
HARM1.jpg
HARM7.jpg
HARM3.jpg
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

RC104ever
Approved Member

Post by RC104ever »

I would love a 1/5th but they are SO spendy. Would be nearly impossible to justify it with the wife :lol:
- Chris
Lots of cars...so many cars

Corsa
Approved Member

Post by Corsa »

Sweet mother of God!! That is impressive!! You could strap a cat in that!! (Not that I would of cousre).... :twisted: well, maybe a hamster... :lol:

Corsa
Approved Member

Post by Corsa »

Well, this thread started the ball rolling and I'm seriously looking at getting a 1/5 Short Course Truck, either a Losi 5ive, or maybe the new 30 Deg North DTT. Anybody got one? I've been offered a good losi 5 with big motor, pipe etc.. or I'm tempted by the 30 Deg North Truck called the DTT, anyone got one of these? It's a clone, but with a twist.

I'll try and find a link, but just google it and they'll pop up.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

The LHS picked up a King Motors T2000 to run around the track...when it wipes out it can become expensive. It is primarily an HPI 1/5 scale so alot of parts interchange but when half of a front bearing carrier costs $12 vs. $3 for a pair of them I can't justify it myself. He has another one now that he has up on the for sale shelf and gotta admit that they look like fun though 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

Corsa
Approved Member

Post by Corsa »

Yeah, I'm just getting into RC after decades off!! Geez I feel soo old!! lol... But I have my heart set on a Losi or Losi style truck. For no other reason than I like the look. :mrgreen: