My new Toy ( not vintage but still pretty cool )

The place for all things Tamiya.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

My new Toy ( not vintage but still pretty cool )

Post by liquorboxracing »

I got my Tamiya High Lift in today! This thing is pretty sweet! I can't wait to start building her! I need to buy a bearing kit for it first though! Heres a few pics!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

oh you lucky dog. i want one, but i'll have to wait a while. show some picks of the build up.

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

I will have complete build pics on my website bros.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Very nice, does it come with a 3 speed tranny?

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

Asso_man! wrote:Very nice, does it come with a 3 speed tranny?
Yes it has a three speed simular to the Bruiser. ( Internally anyway ) The only major differances being that this truck is equiped with a slipper, the gears are all plastic as well as the casing. The truck has some other pretty neat features as well. Like the diffs can be locked or unlocked by removing or installing a pin from behind the removable diff covers, and the leaf springs are tunable. You can add or remove leafs to get the ride and handling you want. Looks like its a pretty neat kit. I am going to order my ball bearing kit this weekend. Won't be building any of it until that gets here though.

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

Could you please post here some pics of the shelves in the background :?: That would be great... by the way, very nice Truck dude

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

Asso_man! wrote:Could you please post here some pics of the shelves in the background :?: That would be great... by the way, very nice Truck dude
I will take some pics of my shop with all of my cars. But if you are wanting to see my collection up close just check out my website! :D Links: My current RC cars and trucks
My Vintage RC's

Daddeo
Approved Member

Post by Daddeo »

:shock:, that thing looks sweet! I want to get one myself but I gotta thin the collection a little more before I can get another RC (you know, wifey rules ;) ).

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

I needed to check something on this kit, so I could get to fabing up some custom parts for it. In order to do this I needed to assemble it part way so I could check clearances, and fit of what I am doing! Here's some pics of it mached up! This kit is cool as heck! Has tons of potential!

26mm touring car rims fit the tires that come with the kit, so I bought a set of billets! :D

MonsterBeetleGuy
Approved Member

Post by MonsterBeetleGuy »

those wheels are a major improvement over the kit wheels. You would have thought they'd come up with some new ones instead of using the ones from the Mu Type X CC-01 chassis. Keep posting the pics. Cant wait to see it painted!

Brad

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

MonsterBeetleGuy wrote:those wheels are a major improvement over the kit wheels. You would have thought they'd come up with some new ones instead of using the ones from the Mu Type X CC-01 chassis. Keep posting the pics. Cant wait to see it painted!

Brad
It will be awhile before it gets painted. I'm going to build a full polished stainless steel frame for her. The rims helped, but need to be 30mm instead of 26mm. I talked to a friend of mine today about machining me a set for this truck. I've got some plans for some differant tires to try as well. ( I will not be putting 2.2's on this truck! I want to keep it looking to scale! ) I do not care for the side profile of this truck. I think it is spot on scale wise, but I wish they would have left the original Jugg body as it was, instead of opening up the fender well openings like they did on this kit. I ordered a Jugg body today. Hopefully it will help the side profile of the truck. Heres a few more pics.

liquorboxracing
Approved Member

Well I finished this one finally! This truck is a blast to drive! I recommend it to anyone who is into scale realism RC models. Lots of fun to drive!

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

That paint job turned out really nice. what colors did you use?