RC10T - Purple Modern Build

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

User avatar
bmxguy73
Regular Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:37 pm
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: RC10T - Purple Modern Build

Post by bmxguy73 »

Lavigna wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 4:37 am I made some finishing touches to the truck. I added the following.

- New 3 piece skinny front wheels and new rears. Dyed black
- New RPM rear bulkhead
- New RPM inner rear arm mounts
- New RPM rear over sized bearing hubs
- New black anodized aluminum chassis screws to replace the yellow/green stock pieces

After I took these photos, I altered the shocks so the Andy's body sits lower on the chassis, and looks correct. I will have to take a few more photos to show it. This thing is now pretty much done. I don't think there is anything more I would want to do to it. In person, it is so cool looking. I wish I could capture that better in the photos.
This is one of the coolest builds to this day. What kind of tires are those in the front? I've been working on a J82 build and i do not want to drive on my vintage groovy tires :roll:

User avatar
Lavigna
Super Member
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:24 am
Location: Petaluma, CA
Has thanked: 797 times
Been thanked: 1041 times

Re: RC10T - Purple Modern Build

Post by Lavigna »

bmxguy73 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:58 am
Lavigna wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 4:37 am I made some finishing touches to the truck. I added the following.

- New 3 piece skinny front wheels and new rears. Dyed black
- New RPM rear bulkhead
- New RPM inner rear arm mounts
- New RPM rear over sized bearing hubs
- New black anodized aluminum chassis screws to replace the yellow/green stock pieces

After I took these photos, I altered the shocks so the Andy's body sits lower on the chassis, and looks correct. I will have to take a few more photos to show it. This thing is now pretty much done. I don't think there is anything more I would want to do to it. In person, it is so cool looking. I wish I could capture that better in the photos.
This is one of the coolest builds to this day. What kind of tires are those in the front? I've been working on a J82 build and i do not want to drive on my vintage groovy tires :roll:
Thanks so much!

The full ribbed skinny front tires are Associated #7871. The dashed pattern tires from the photo you referenced are (I THINK) Proline, but I don't have a part number. I have been busy building Losi's the past few years, so all my Associated knowledge is gone.

I'm sure someone on here can provide a part #. They aren't easy to find though.

jkranz
Approved Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:24 pm
Location: Texas
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: RC10T - Purple Modern Build

Post by jkranz »

Love this build... may I ask what kind of dye/process you did on the skinny front wheels? Looks fantastic!

User avatar
Lavigna
Super Member
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:24 am
Location: Petaluma, CA
Has thanked: 797 times
Been thanked: 1041 times

Re: RC10T - Purple Modern Build

Post by Lavigna »

jkranz wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:31 pm Love this build... may I ask what kind of dye/process you did on the skinny front wheels? Looks fantastic!
Thanks! I used Rit Dye. Very easy to do.

jkranz
Approved Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:24 pm
Location: Texas
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: RC10T - Purple Modern Build

Post by jkranz »

Lavigna wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:30 pm
jkranz wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:31 pm Love this build... may I ask what kind of dye/process you did on the skinny front wheels? Looks fantastic!
Thanks! I used Rit Dye. Very easy to do.
Thanks!!

tecnica2001
Approved Member
Posts: 1047
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:17 am
Location: East Haven, Connecticut
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: RC10T - Purple Modern Build

Post by tecnica2001 »

That’s an awesome build, nice and super clean😁👍
Life is like a box of chocolate, you never know what R/C car you're gonna get next!!!

User avatar
juicedcoupe
Super Member
Posts: 2981
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:05 pm
Location: Pascagoula, MS
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 1745 times

Re: RC10T - Purple Modern Build

Post by juicedcoupe »

jkranz wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:22 pm
Lavigna wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:30 pm
jkranz wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 11:31 pm Love this build... may I ask what kind of dye/process you did on the skinny front wheels? Looks fantastic!
Thanks! I used Rit Dye. Very easy to do.
Thanks!!
The graphite is nice, when you can find it. But the basic black works well too.

I dyed this transmission case with the regular black. It took three, 30 minute sessions. I'd remove all the pieces and return the liquid to a boil, and then remove from heat and place the pieces back in.
Attachments
20210524_163456.jpg
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

User avatar
Lavigna
Super Member
Posts: 1283
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:24 am
Location: Petaluma, CA
Has thanked: 797 times
Been thanked: 1041 times

Re: RC10T - Purple Modern Build

Post by Lavigna »

I tried to color correct / lighten one of the photos.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210523-134300_Chrome.jpg

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • my old but modern runner build "the Purple People Eater"
    by lowrydesign » » in RC10 Buggy Forum
    17 Replies
    1907 Views
    Last post by philk
  • RC10T - Purple #2
    by Lavigna » » in RC10 Truck Forum
    10 Replies
    2631 Views
    Last post by Jim85IROC
  • Project Purple Build
    by lmw94002 » » in RC10 Buggy Forum
    3 Replies
    759 Views
    Last post by lmw94002
  • Modern RC10T Racer
    by GreenHell » » in RC10 Truck Forum
    30 Replies
    4239 Views
    Last post by janaya
  • RC10T tires do modern 2.2" fit
    by JosephS » » in RC10 Truck Forum
    2 Replies
    875 Views
    Last post by JosephS
  • ultramolded worlds buggy build "purple monster's twin"
    by lowrydesign » » in RC10 Buggy Forum
    34 Replies
    4463 Views
    Last post by smurf420
  • Modern build
    by Speed Chaser » » in 21st Century Modern
    4 Replies
    1230 Views
    Last post by Speed Chaser
  • RC10 modern racer build
    by JHarris » » in RC10 Buggy Forum
    70 Replies
    14712 Views
    Last post by Zedmaster

Return to “RC10 Truck Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No User AvatarCommonCrawl [Bot], No User AvatarMajestic-12 [Bot] and 0 guests