ayk project

The place for all things AYK.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

dirt oval rc
Approved Member

ayk project

Post by dirt oval rc »

Well this is my first post so HI to everyone :) my typing is poor so sorry in advance.This is my Pro Radiant im working on it has some mods i came up with ( bitd ) when i raced one , the top bearing would wear out the carbon so i made a heat sink motor /top bearing mount to fix this. The front of the car has a plate i made to keep the diff housing from flexing and give the shock tower some strength. I made a slipper shaft for it and some other stuff well enough about the car. :roll: I want to say this is a great site i've been reading all the posts for a year now and feel like i know a lot of you.

I've enjoyed many of the projects you guys do. I'll try to post a lot of the projects that I have built. I started doing this back in '86 and I have never been able to leave a car alone. I always thought/think I have to modify it to make it better. The last 2 years I've been working on my indoor track. I built a building from the ground up on my own. It is 72 by 40 foot and had a 32 by 62 foot track inside.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics. I'll be glad to help anyone out if they want to make these mods to their car. I look forward to sharing other projects on here with you.

Tony
Attachments
Track 019.jpg
Track 007.jpg
Track 011.jpg
Track 009.jpg
Track 018.jpg
Track 016.jpg
Track 010.jpg
Track 008.jpg
Track 006.jpg
- Tony

The older I get - the faster I was... WFO!

j.d.roost
Approved Member

Re: ayk project

Post by j.d.roost »

Man all of these AYK cars coming out of the woodwork ..
Wish I had one :mrgreen:
Nice track btw...Another thing I wish I had. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I have been eyeing up the backyard but the wife locked up my tiller and rakes :lol:

michi
Approved Member

Post by michi »

Wow ! Tony,

Only now i realised that this is the same track as in the triumph topic. Nearly i asked you there about a picture from the outside :D Did you really built this hall just for the RC's ? Incredible job !!
It must be absolutely funny to walk across the court , switch on the light and drive a few turns whenever you want. Believe it or not. It could take years here in germany to get just a building permission for such a project :? I look forward to your action video with your cool cars in this fantastic building 8)

best regards

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

1 year lurking in silence? Glad you decided to come out of the closet ;)
It looks like you're pretty handy on the metalwork. What do you do for a living?

dirt oval rc
Approved Member

Post by dirt oval rc »

Yes Michi I did build this and it is great. it's nice to be able to build a car or make a change on a car and run it any time day or night rain or snow :mrgreen: you really get to know your cars handling when you have all the track time you want. :D

Yes Erik I'm out of the closet now!!!!!!!that really doesn't sound wright does it, anyhow you ask what I do I'm a Maintenance tech for a large corporation I take care of the automated systems for them in fact our tray sorter was made in Germany. I have never had any training as a Machinist I started with a hacksaw and a file back in the 80's :roll: and worked my way to the small mill that i have now :mrgreen: all that i do is free hand. There are some very talented builders on this sight and i hope to get to know all of them in time :wink: thanks for the kind words and if I can help any one feel free to ask :D
- Tony

michi
Approved Member

Post by michi »

Best of all in my opinion is the fact that you do not use carpet on your track. If I see pics of modern " offroad " tracks they are mostly rediculous. Blue or green lanes with a few foldings :lol: Man ! Offroad RC would be never died out here if someone had build such a thing in our vicinity. There are just a few guys ( 1:8 nitro :cry: ) bashing their cars under a freeway bridge :lol:

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

michi wrote:Best of all in my opinion is the fact that you do not use carpet on your track. If I see pics of modern " offroad " tracks they are mostly rediculous. Blue or green lanes with a few foldings :lol: Man !
I need to scan some old pics of our clubs track; especially the ones of the time we had some late snow.
Modern tracks are quite mean though too: the 'foldings' I have seen are way out of 1/10 proportion and the jumps modern cars take :roll:
I have learned to enjoy them by now, but still think it's exagerated and certainly for clublevel racing. When even the best drivers are having trouble to keep their wheels under the car, marshalls are running all the time and replacing parts every race day becomes part of the game... that's a bit over the top for me

dirt oval rc
Approved Member

Post by dirt oval rc »

Well I try to make all the track lay outs vintage friendly all the jumps are roll overs so there are no gaps to get across. I change the track often I love to run my sprint cars and late model. :mrgreen: allot of my older cars can't take a beating so I keep it simple :) :wink:
- Tony

Kyosho Fan

Post by Kyosho Fan »

Hey Tony... now that someone pointed out that my Hybrid Mid is 5% AYK Radiant... I have a part you might like... an original lexan gear cover. It's yours for the cost of shipping.

The body on my Mid is just like your tiger-stripped yellow one. Any idea where I can get one at a reasonable price? Its such a beautiful fit I'd hate to go wandeing in the dark to find another well fitting body.

Let me know where to send the gear cover.

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

Kyosho Fan wrote:Hey Tony... now that someone pointed out that my Hybrid Mid is 5% AYK Radiant...
pleading guilty

dirt oval rc
Approved Member

Post by dirt oval rc »

Pm sent my man!!!:wink: :mrgreen:
- Tony

Kyosho Fan

Post by Kyosho Fan »

Its in the package ready to go. I'll take it to the post office later today.

EDIT:
On the way USPS 1st class in a plain brown [well protected!] envelope.
I'll let you make an appropriate donation to the board when you get it.

dirt oval rc
Approved Member

Post by dirt oval rc »

I got the cover today thank you so much :wink: I'll drop some green in the kitty :D this sight is great we should all give it our support :D
- Tony

Bullfrog
Approved Member

Post by Bullfrog »

Very nice Tony, i'm building a Boost at the moment, you wouldn't happen to have any spare parts would you, i need mainly the running gear, ball diffs, spur gear and drive sprocket, I've got a brand new set of orange arms and some other odds and ends that i can trade.

cheers Bullfrog

dirt oval rc
Approved Member

Post by dirt oval rc »

Hey bullfrog let me look around I may have a few things. would you be interested in some of the mods like I have done? like a slipper shaft or a motor heat sink let me know :D
- Tony