XXT G+ ... Or something else?

The place for all things Losi.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

isles1
Approved Member

XXT G+ ... Or something else?

Post by isles1 »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271960443029

Snagged this mainly because of the XX Trinity parts. Looks like an XXT G+, but those came with the dual slipper and this has the HydraDrive. What can you tell me about those pink wheels...Losi or aftermarket? And the blue BK XX motor plate looks out of place on this kit; I believe this motor plate was only available in the XXCR BK kit, correct? Thanks in advance.

shoman24v
Approved Member

Re: XXT G+ ... Or something else?

Post by shoman24v »

isles1 wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/271960443029

Snagged this mainly because of the XX Trinity parts. Looks like an XXT G+, but those came with the dual slipper and this has the HydraDrive. What can you tell me about those pink wheels...Losi or aftermarket? And the blue BK XX motor plate looks out of place on this kit; I believe this motor plate was only available in the XXCR BK kit, correct? Thanks in advance.
It may have started its life as a G+, but the owner may have deviated from it. The wheels were probably natural white and later dyed. Shame because white wheels are very hard to find.

Here's mine:

| XXT | XXT 'CR' Graphite Plus | RC10T | RC10T2 | RC10 World's Re-release | HPI Blitz ESE | Schumacher SV2 |

isles1
Approved Member

Post by isles1 »

Thanks for the info. I asked the seller for any info on the history of the build.

Nice truck.

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

Awesome! Hopefully you'll get more information.
| XXT | XXT 'CR' Graphite Plus | RC10T | RC10T2 | RC10 World's Re-release | HPI Blitz ESE | Schumacher SV2 |

isles1
Approved Member

Post by isles1 »

I think this truck would be more desirable if returned to stock; take off all the Trinity stuff, put on a dual slipper and the rest of the stock parts. Thoughts? The Trinity parts would look better on my XX BK CR anyway.

isles1
Approved Member

Post by isles1 »

shoman24v wrote:Awesome! Hopefully you'll get more information.
Seller says that the pink wheels were a limited production run by Losi, and the truck is an upgraded XXT not a G+.

Edit: Truck started as an XXT-CR, not XXT.

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

isles1 wrote:
Seller says that the pink wheels were a limited production run by Losi, and the truck is an upgraded XXT not a G+.
I've seen Losi dyed orange XXT wheels, but not pink - I'm sceptical about that, I wonder if anyone else can chip in here.

The original XXT had a long (stamped 'L') chassis, where as the G+ has the extra-long chassis (stamped 'XL') which was 1/4" longer. I can't see which from the photos.

The motor plate looks to have some milling on it, and similar in colour to the pivot block, so I doubt its a 'BK' motor plate - these never had milling on them and were dark in colour. Probably aftermarket anodising.

Either way, lots of cool parts and will make for a good project.

Those blue trinity screws on the hydra drive ARE rare :mrgreen:

BTW, check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TEAM-LOSI-XXT-CR-GRAPHITE-PLUS-KIT-STILL-SHRINK-WRAPPED-RARE-/181738278958?hash=item2a5072102e

PMSL.

isles1
Approved Member

Post by isles1 »

Jamin: Thanks for posting. I looked through your XXT G+ build thread and was impressed.

That is great info about the chassis lengths and will help determine what direction I take the restoration in. And I did not notice the milling on the motor plate, so thank you.

As far as the pink wheels, if you google "XXT pink wheels" you will find an eBay auction photo of a set of pink wheels that have the same design as the Losi a7077 fronts and rears (cannot recall part no right now). Looks like it was a Valakarye Motorsports item.

Glad I got a rare Trinity part. Hopefully I did not overpay for the truck. I am curious whether the pivot plate is an XX or an XXX.

And I saw the sealed G+ kit; that is a lot of coin.

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

isles1 wrote:I think this truck would be more desirable if returned to stock; take off all the Trinity stuff, put on a dual slipper and the rest of the stock parts. Thoughts? The Trinity parts would look better on my XX BK CR anyway.
I prefer stock on my cars... maybe Lunsford tie-rods and CVD's if anything.

Everyone has their own direction!

jamin
Approved Member

Post by jamin »

isles1 wrote: I am curious whether the pivot plate is an XX or an XXX.

And I saw the sealed G+ kit; that is a lot of coin.
The wish bones are XX because they have the silver logos - they changed them to white on the later versions leading into the XXX series, but its hard to tell if the pivot block is XX, but I reckon it is as its looks fairly wide.

As for the NIP G+, yeah its a stupid price, if not then I'm putting my NIB Kinwald XX-CR up for sale! lol

LosiXXkid
Approved Member

Post by LosiXXkid »

jamin wrote:
isles1 wrote:
I've seen Losi dyed orange XXT wheels, but not pink - I'm sceptical about that, I wonder if anyone else can chip in here.

The original XXT had a long (stamped 'L') chassis, where as the G+ has the extra-long chassis (stamped 'XL') which was 1/4" longer. I can't see which from the photos.

The motor plate looks to have some milling on it, and similar in colour to the pivot block, so I doubt its a 'BK' motor plate - these never had milling on them and were dark in colour. Probably aftermarket anodising.

Either way, lots of cool parts and will make for a good project.

Those blue trinity screws on the hydra drive ARE rare :mrgreen:

BTW, check this out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TEAM-LOSI-XXT-CR-GRAPHITE-PLUS-KIT-STILL-SHRINK-WRAPPED-RARE-/181738278958?hash=item2a5072102e

PMSL.
That's three thousand dollars worth of cellophane right there!
~I'm a lot older now than I was then and wish that I knew then what I know now~

isles1
Approved Member

Post by isles1 »

The truck arrived today. The motor plate looks to be the Losi a9920 polished plate that was anodized to match the Trinity parts. The truck is in very good condition. Just a bit of surface rust on the CVDs and minor scuffing on the under carriage.

I would still love to know more about the pink wheels.

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

my opinion on the pink wheels is it looks like a fuscia rit dye job. I had done up a bunch of pink parts with fuscia including some losi truck wheels that turned out pretty good. Still got the b3 wheels and some of the other parts but the losi ended up in Canada. I couldn't sell the truck with those wheels on it so they ended up hitching a ride with the yellow wheels as a bonus :roll: . try to scratch the back side or the inside and see if you can dig to white is about the only way to really tell I guess if they are dyed or not.

Is a cool lookin truck 8)

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

isles1
Approved Member

Post by isles1 »

I will take a close look at the wheels but at first glance does not look like a dye job.

Regardless I am going to restore to the original yellow wheels. Thanks!

shoman24v
Approved Member

Post by shoman24v »

isles1 wrote:I will take a close look at the wheels but at first glance does not look like a dye job.

Regardless I am going to restore to the original yellow wheels. Thanks!
The illusive rear wheels and the more illusive A-8017 body :mrgreen:

I heard someone sent off an A-8016 body to TBG for reproduction. I assume it would fit, but would be slightly short on the CR.