Peakey's Procat project

The place for all things Schumacher.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Peakey's Procat project

Post by Coelacanth »

Very colorful, that looks like a very tough chassis! What turnbuckles are those, any chance you could tell me the length without ball-ends? I'm looking for red turnbuckles with 3mm threaded ends in the 48 - 52mm range. Thanks!
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

I'll measure them up later for you Coelacanth I got them from a guy off oople who had two I was asking about a set on an optima as I had some on my old dogfighter years ago. Some people said GPM still make some simmiler bit j couldn't really find any I liked the rest of the turnbuckles in the car are trinity ones.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Not to hijack the thread, but I've only found red 3mm-threaded turnbuckles up to 44mm long, nothing longer.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

Just got round to measuring the turnbuckles and the main body is 35mm and end to end are 72mm that's with the ball grippers on.

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

Just a couple of finishing touches and it's ready to race
I had to change the shocks I've put Schumacher rear small boars on the front and Schumacher big boars on the rear
I've also swapped the rear roller driveshafts for standard ones as I didn't trust them
Bring on Sunday 8) :lol:

kuba

Post by kuba »

With all that work, I would have put your name on the body, you certainly deserve the credit and adulation for it.

8rad
Approved Member

Post by 8rad »

Red turnbuckles are not easy to find unless you use Traxxas. Yuck!

Love the CAT Peakey. Are there clearance issues with the big bores on the front?
"It's not broken, it's British!"

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

Thanks guys. I did try to get some decals made up in time but as with everything I've left it too late. There small boars on the front and the seem to fit fine no rubbing or catching anywhere.

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

So I didn't make it to the revival meeting to which I was very disappointed. The reason for this was my brother deciding to put his new car on it's roof late on Saturday night so the remainder was spent at the hospital with the muppet.
All ok just a few cuts and a badly bruised ego.(he's supposed to be the roll model as get the older one) :thumbdown:

Anyway I did on the other hand manage to get to the uk short course nationals that was being held at one of my local tracks (BMMC). And they were having a buggy round so I thought why not get the cat out and see how it fairs.
Well against all the new stuff not very well that was mainly down to my very rusty driving and things kept falling off.

I'm now having to look for a new rear wing as I had a bad landing and snapped it in two and had to buy a replacement to finish the day off. But I had fun and got the old cat back on the track and if I get chance after the house move I might have to get to the vintage rounds at west bridgeford but well see.

This is how she ended the day

DerbyDan
Approved Member

Post by DerbyDan »

Sorry to hear about your brother (& his car) Sounds like he was lucky & hopefully learn't a lesson from the experience?

Glad you got to run the ProCat though... sounds like there's some rusty thumbs that need a little oil on them! :mrgreen: .... But unusual how the spoiler snapped, lexan shouldn't do that - it reminds me of the early TBG shells that were not made from proper Lexan/polycarbonate... but they don't do the original style ProCat shell like this one?

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

It was quite funny, at the time of landing and the seeing the wing in bits led to an up roar of oooo you won't find one of those! It may be down to age but I'm looking at getting a new shell and wing painted up anyway so no big loss.

As for my bro I think a lesson has been sort of learned but he's on the lookout for a replacement and is adamant it was down to diesel or something on the road and not his shoddy driving. When he first bought his 4 litre TVR I said he would crash that but to my surprise it was his 4.2 Audi he crash first :lol:

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

Just thought I would put up a couple of pics of my recent fined after searching for about a year I finally turned this up.

A complete WASP Racing alloy front box, I've already cot some new diff balls for it there 11/64 there huge! So I'm hoping I get time to get it in before the first round of the iconic vintage racing that it's entered in on the 25th but I've still got to get my SX3 preped fist.

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

The old cat had an outing on Saturday in the iconic Rc class at the WBMCC buggy blitz and did alloy better than I expected.

Managed 3rd in the 4wd class sounds better that it was as I find finish the final with bits coming lose but points on the board for round 2 so I'm happy with that. The 2 and 4wd were run together and due to a few no shows and the old cat, was carrying a lot of damage after a coming together with the wall :D It ended up with 1 bosscat and 1 Procat front hub as that's all I had with me.
Roll on round 2 :D

npdp72
Approved Member

Post by npdp72 »

Hi Peakey,
Other than the width being 5mm, is there anything else different to standard on the high torque rear belts?

Was going to the other day if you planned to run that gearbox!
Guess I've got my answer now!!

Peakey
Approved Member

Post by Peakey »

Hi pal I've not had chance to get the wasp box in yet as I was too busy getting the sx3 ready I overlooked the Procat a bit which came round to bite me a bit. I need up with the front end in bits so could of put the box in thinking about it. I'm still not sure if it will take the 6mm belt yet.

As for te rears I think they were reinforced but I'm not 100% on that I'm sure someone will know.