CRP/Turbo Scorpion Racer

The place for all things Kyosho.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

19RC80KS

Re: CRP/Turbo Scorpion Racer

Post by 19RC80KS »

I love the never ending flow of known and unknown hop up parts that you keep showing here! Very cool. That Turbo Scorpion of yours surely is developing into a nice race car.

// RM

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

To be honest: I haven’t done much except for Dwayne’s 12mm hex adapters sins you saw it live at the vintage meet Mr. V, but thanks for your kind comment!
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Weylyn

Post by Weylyn »

Lars, you are officially my Scorpion Hero. You have given me many ideas for what I wish to try on a pair of old Scorpions I recently got. ok I have had em almost a year plotting but thats still new. The blue one I won on flee bay for I think 250, ripped out the old esc and will be putting a 13.5T brushless if all goes well. Of course that means modernizing the gear box. The Red, I got as a steal. OK I stole it for 50 bucks in Dallas complete with its original Circus Circus JR radio. God I feel old that I actually remember these radios. Once I find the parts and start the build, I will also post pics and blame it all on You Lars. lol

here is the pics of the cars

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

I like the look of those fat front wheels on-there.

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

[quote="Weylyn"]Lars, you are officially my Scorpion Hero. You have given me many ideas for what I wish to try on a pair of old Scorpions I recently got. ok I have had em almost a year plotting but thats still new. The blue one I won on flee bay for I think 250, ripped out the old esc and will be putting a 13.5T brushless if all goes well. Of course that means modernizing the gear box. The Red, I got as a steal. OK I stole it for 50 bucks in Dallas complete with its original Circus Circus JR radio. God I feel old that I actually remember these radios. Once I find the parts and start the build, I will also post pics and blame it all on You Lars. lol

Nice pair! :shock:
Please do a build thread on one or both! I'd love to get my hands on just one standard Scorpion but they are so dang expensive! *sigh*. I guess I'll have to make do with my Beetle. (Thanks Jason!)
Attachments
mini-DSC02454.JPG
Gary

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

So you have other unofficial Scorpion hero’s, I feel offended… :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those are nice scorp’s and I look forward to see what you have planned for those two!
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Weylyn

Post by Weylyn »

Hcp22 wrote:So you have other unofficial Scorpion hero’s, I feel offended… :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those are nice scorp’s and I look forward to see what you have planned for those two!
but only you as the official, the unofficial have not your talent

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

RedScampi wrote:
Weylyn wrote:Lars, you are officially my Scorpion Hero. You have given me many ideas for what I wish to try on a pair of old Scorpions I recently got. ok I have had em almost a year plotting but thats still new. The blue one I won on flee bay for I think 250, ripped out the old esc and will be putting a 13.5T brushless if all goes well. Of course that means modernizing the gear box. The Red, I got as a steal. OK I stole it for 50 bucks in Dallas complete with its original Circus Circus JR radio. God I feel old that I actually remember these radios. Once I find the parts and start the build, I will also post pics and blame it all on You Lars. lol

Nice pair! :shock:
Please do a build thread on one or both! I'd love to get my hands on just one standard Scorpion but they are so dang expensive! *sigh*. I guess I'll have to make do with my Beetle. (Thanks Jason!)
That Beetle looks amazing
Gone fishing

turbo scorpion

Post by turbo scorpion »

after almost 2 years I finally landed some NIP front and rear shocks!!! now how long till I get a chance to work on the turbo scorpion?

And its great to see this thread still alive, and so many into these great cars.

deangaffney
Approved Member

Post by deangaffney »

Hi again Lars, I've been around a lot of RC forums in the last couple of months since I found the remains of my Scorpion and Falcon in my mothers loft. Finally I have found some of the best stuff on the RC10 forum of all places though I should mention the wonders of Arcocustom's thread back on scale4x4rc as his threads are very easy to find with a quick google search.
My current project is to get a very heavily modified Scorpion/Beetle back into action and the biggest problems as ever are shocks and tires. I've imported stuff from the States but am looking to avoid that and have ordered OT30's from Spain on your recommendation. I'm looking to weather the Sandmasters fronts will fit, I'm not bothered about matching lettering being as the rims are completely different sizes. This vintage RC thing is all about limiting costs as it can get expensive very quickly and I'm trying to do it all with an a second hand ethos.
How do you clean up your aluminium parts? I have used degreaser and a bit of Autosol metal polish but hard to get into the corners. Any suggestions?
My tub is cracked and hacked around but I could make it work. A guy has offered me a yellow one for £45 but that's without the battery hatch though does include the steering arm gator.
I refer to it as my old Scorpion/Beetle cos it came with so many spares I can't tell if it was a Scorpion or a beetle as I have both types of roll bars and the short tub cover that came with the Beetle, plus the yellow rims but also Scorpion shells. I bought it from a neighbour in 1988 and it was thrashed and hacked about no end but brought me much pleasure.
I recently bought an all original Scorpion which I think has never been taken apart. So nice to have one it it's original state, makes me realise how trashed my old one is but that not going to stop me making it go again.

Thanks again sir.

Dan

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Welkom to RC10Talk Dan!
Please post some pictures, it's much more easier to get an overview what you have to do.
To polish aluminum is hard work, this is the easiest way to do it:

[youtube]e13dafqipFc[/youtube]
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

That's a decent video but with the small, complex-shaped aluminum components & wheels found in our 1:10 RC cars, this procedure won't work too well...a lot of the hard work must be done by hand. (Plus, that exhaust tip in the vid was already nice and smooth to start with, no need for all the wet-sanding you'd have to do with a worn aluminum surface.) :P
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Finely I have gone brushless with my Turbo Scorpion and it will be the oldest car in this upcoming weekend’s indoor Nordic Vintage Challenge 2WD class. The aim is to avoid holding the last place in the end of the day… :lol:

Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

1300GT
Approved Member

Post by 1300GT »

Sweet Scorpion Lars. :D Where did you get the front wheels from? Are they 2.2"?
They seem to have a decent amount of offset.
Chris.

Toys.............they are!

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

Thanks Chris!
Those 2.2” wheels are from Kyosho Pro-X, and I have turned the inside out. The rear is Traxxas mini revo 2.2” wheels, also with a good amount of offset.
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback