The Official "What is it?" Thread

Need something identified? This is the place.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

GoMachV

Re: The Official "What is it?" Thread

Post by GoMachV »

Its a similar shape but nothing bolts up. Gonna say its not for associated components. I was guessing mrp but nothing there is dimensionally close either. I'm stumped :shock:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

templeofspeed
Approved Member

Post by templeofspeed »

Jomac?

andyaus
Approved Member

Post by andyaus »

Right'o, 2 last models to identify :roll: and so far you've named 2 from 2 with less :D. Car #1: 4wd buggy, FC engine? (duratrax or Great Vigor?) Car #2: 4wd on road, OS Max engine (duratrax or Great Vigor) BUT THE BIG QUESTIONS ARE WHICH MODELS??? Please help, these are the last 2 and then I know all my collection :?: :?: :lol: :lol:
DSC_0002 (800x417).jpg
DSC_0003 (800x540).jpg
DSC_0004 (800x526).jpg
IMG_0270 (800x600).jpg
IMG_0271 (800x600).jpg
IMG_0272 (800x600).jpg
IMG_0273 (800x600).jpg

andyaus
Approved Member

Post by andyaus »

Car #2
DSC_0005 (800x413).jpg
DSC_0006 (602x800).jpg
DSC_0007 (800x570).jpg

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I would also guess jerobee/jomac for that turquoise chassis. It seems to be the color that those early cars had. which one, I couldn't tell you, way before my time.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I have compared it to my lightning 2000, looked at it as a possible upgrade for the GP12, and of course associated. None of the bulkheads are a match to this bolt pattern. I am almost wondering if it could be parma
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

yeah, i think it could be something from jomac for an upgrade of a different manufacturer, maybe parma.

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

I think this is an AYK bobcat?? but only pictures I can find have a mono front shock and more of a laydown rear shock with no tower. Seller did state he upgraded some stuff way back in the day 1986ish. I cant find any info....and parts look too clean to be a hack job.
Any ideas?? Looks like I do have the stock parts here also.

Dont mind the dirt this thing just crawled out of an attic after 20 years. Most will see thru it. :D
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

Mr. ED
Approved Member

Post by Mr. ED »

andyaus wrote:Car #2
DSC_0005 (800x413).jpg
No idea, but those tires are from a chinese clone of the mini inferno

(I used mine on my touring car too and would really like to know where I can get more: they are super but worn as hell)

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

andyaus wrote:Right'o, 2 last models to identify :roll: and so far you've named 2 from 2 with less :D. Car #1: 4wd buggy, FC engine? (duratrax or Great Vigor?) Car #2: 4wd on road, OS Max engine (duratrax or Great Vigor) BUT THE BIG QUESTIONS ARE WHICH MODELS??? Please help, these are the last 2 and then I know all my collection :?: :?: :lol: :lol:
Matey,

The blue one looks like GV, the truck version of the Super Cobra (see this ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400345535259).

The red one, I'll guess has P190 embossed on the chassis near the front, and is a GV P190 (small pic here: http://www.rcmodels.dk/catalog-1983.php). The P190 was, from memory, available in blue, red, and judging by the link, silver. Back in the day they ran them with V8Supercar bodies... I remember a Glenn Seton AU Falcon in big, fat, blobby blue...

Hope that helps!

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

andyaus
Approved Member

Post by andyaus »

Incredible_Serious wrote:
andyaus wrote:Right'o, 2 last models to identify :roll: and so far you've named 2 from 2 with less :D. Car #1: 4wd buggy, FC engine? (duratrax or Great Vigor?) Car #2: 4wd on road, OS Max engine (duratrax or Great Vigor) BUT THE BIG QUESTIONS ARE WHICH MODELS??? Please help, these are the last 2 and then I know all my collection :?: :?: :lol: :lol:
Matey,

The blue one looks like GV, the truck version of the Super Cobra (see this ebay listing: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400345535259).

The red one, I'll guess has P190 embossed on the chassis near the front, and is a GV P190 (small pic here: http://www.rcmodels.dk/catalog-1983.php). The P190 was, from memory, available in blue, red, and judging by the link, silver. Back in the day they ran them with V8Supercar bodies... I remember a Glenn Seton AU Falcon in big, fat, blobby blue...

Hope that helps!

Alex
Hey thanks Alex, yeah I spotted the GV S'C' on ebay and think your spot on :D . It did have those wheels on it when I got it, I think the po put the body mounts on it for more body choices :wink:
I can't find p190 on the chassis of the other but I'm starting to think it's a GV V2000 chassis?

ireg
Approved Member

Post by ireg »

What brand are these wheels and which car used these wheels :?:
These are the words written in the tires " Potenza Kyosho Bridgestone" but it doesnt fit with my ultimas.
one more what size of the flanged bearing can be used for these wheels
1 wheel.jpg
1 wheel.jpg (190.33 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
1 wheel.jpg
1 wheel.jpg (190.33 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
2  wheel.jpg
2 wheel.jpg (149.06 KiB) Viewed 1446 times
2  wheel.jpg
2 wheel.jpg (149.06 KiB) Viewed 1446 times

andyaus
Approved Member

Post by andyaus »

ireg wrote:What brand are these wheels and which car used these wheels :?:
These are the words written in the tires " Potenza Kyosho Bridgestone" but it doesnt fit with my ultimas.
one more what size of the flanged bearing can be used for these wheels
1 wheel.jpg
2 wheel.jpg
Found these which may answer the tyre question? http://www.pricegrabber.com/rd.php?pg=~~3&r=13712&m=1019777683&mt=1~1~15.99~15.99~15.99~~~~y~Not+Available~n~~~&q=n&rdgt=1353739146&search=bridgestone+potenza&dl=1&avail=yes&source=site&search_id=321de6b0baf54c080a3f6d248328baf6&set=1353739146&k=5cc0803add6beef3dd1838fe97fc7164

as for the wheels must be aftermarket for something like this

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

the wheels are T&A. the one pictured bottom right is for an rc10.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Hmm...that started life out as an AYK Bobcat or Buffalo, which are basically the same chassis but different bodies. However, there has been a lot of modding going on with yours. The Buffalo/Bobcat had a single mono-shock and horizontally-mounted rear shocks. The one you've shown has custom front & rear shock towers, aftermarket front shocks, some kind of custom upper deck-plate, and is that glue helping to hold the bumper on? :shock: That AYK has definitely been messed with. :lol:

Here's how they typically look:

slapshot1979 wrote:I think this is an AYK bobcat?? but only pictures I can find have a mono front shock and more of a laydown rear shock with no tower. Seller did state he upgraded some stuff way back in the day 1986ish. I cant find any info....and parts look too clean to be a hack job.
Any ideas?? Looks like I do have the stock parts here also.

Dont mind the dirt this thing just crawled out of an attic after 20 years. Most will see thru it. :D
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3