Classic World's basher built out of parts

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

pcrussell50
Approved Member

Classic World's basher built out of parts

Post by pcrussell50 »

On EDiT: This should be in the plain old buggy section, not the rere section, sorry, accident. Mods fee free to fix it.
So, I started out here as a poor innocent sucker, 40-something dad who wanted to convert my old '86 gold pan from my first year in college, to easy peasy brushless power. I was already OK with brushless motors and lipos and 2.4Ghz from playing with foamie airplanes the last couple of years, so all I needed was some tips on motors and ESC's and such and I got a factory AE takeoff 3300kv brushless motor and XP ESC combo off ebay thanks to a lead from here, and a FlySky radio also thanks to a tip from here. Works great, lasts long time, right?

So now I have a bunch of stuff I bought off ebay a black B stamp, (not World's milled), an original good running stealth, wide arm kit, CV rear axles. So basically, I have the whole thin built of World's parts I piecemieled here and there, so it's of no value except as a basher. I built all the arms using plain old 4-40 all thread, cut to the length in the manual, and with the ball cups at the specified spacing as measured on my dial caliper. All I have to do is get a steering servo, springy servo horn (servo saver), and assemble the servo to steering bellcrank link, which I will use a proper turnbuckle for. So my questions:

1) What size turnbuckle wrench should I order from Tower, while I'm ordering the turnbuckle?

EDIT: I found some answers to the bottom two. Apparently I"m looking for at least 9 Kg and 015s or quicker. Feel free to pitch in if you have other opinions. and a Kimbrough mid-size servo saver. Any others?
2) What servo-saver/springy horn, should I oorder, (might as well order from Tower too)
3) Also, what HobbyKing/Hobbypartz servo should I order for steering for the basher. Last time I asked this a few years ago, someone recommended a Bluebird something or other and that's what I'm using right now in my old (converted to brushless and 2.4Ghz) gold pan.

I do have a NIB rere Worlds on a shelf. Does it come with a turnbuckle wrench? If so, I suppose I could use that?

-Peter