**RC10 "MIPKIN"**

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mipkin

**RC10 "MIPKIN"**

Post by mipkin »

Hi RC10 LOVERS. Here is my one and only RC10 "MIPKIN" :D Yes, it is a work in progress. I first envisioned this when I was a kid. I was pleasantly reminded of my former dreams when I stumbled on to badhoopty's Tekin RC10's. The combination of the MIP Legend kit and Tekin chassis was a design I always wanted but couldn't buy when I was a kid as it just was to darn expensive. An Avante and Egress at the time were cheaper, if you could find one. This RC10 is as stunning and much lighter. Beauty and Brawn.
The RC10 is new built and I have parts still in the boxes to get on to it. I have to custom make a pulley and guide for the belt to go over the motor. But thats about it. It turns out that the unused front shock tower bolts nice and clean to the rear bulk head, making for a really nice look. I plan on finishing the "MIPKIN" with a Protech body and aluminum KC lights from "Cul-tech" who's over at Tamiyaclub.
Enjoy my "MIPKIN"!!

**PICTURES WILL BE BACK SOON**

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

SPLENDID!!! but don't you have a problem with the steering rack?

Dr. Robotnik
Approved Member

Fantastic

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Great MIP conversion, can't wait to see this finished. I was not sure from your post what you were making for your car. I understand you are making the guide but also the pulley as well? I noticed in your pics you don't have the top front propellor shaft (the one that attaches the belt/pulley). Are you making this part? If so I would be very interested in a couple as I need two to complete my kits. Let me know if you can help. Cheers Ed :D

Chewbacca
Approved Member

WOW!!!

Post by Chewbacca »

!!NICE!! :shock:

I've always thought of trying to make my own 4WD conversion with these pulleys:

and the fitting belt:

plus 2 stealth trannies with these GT idler gears:

with a longer shaft mod.

But combining the whole idea with the Tekin chassis is WAY cool. Of course the "motor in the way" problem occurs that way.
I'd definatly recomend a 480 size brushless motor setup to gest some of the motor out of the way. 8)
*** POWDER - KING ***

Chewbacca
Approved Member

Shaft driven RC10 4WD??

Post by Chewbacca »

Looking at your MIPKIN conversion I just noticed that you are combining the original stealth tranny with the MIP 4WD front tranny. Do they have the EXACT same gear ratio? Or is that a MIP tranny in the back?

Of course one could try do adapt 2 of these:

for a shaft drive conversion.....
*** POWDER - KING ***

Asso_man!
Approved Member

Post by Asso_man! »

clearly a Stealth in the back...

mipkin

**RC10 "MIPKIN"** Update!

Post by mipkin »

I have the front and rear MIPET for the pulley system. What I plan on making is cnc mount that will attach to front two bolt mounts that were suposed to be used for the Tekin shock tower. This mount will have to holes for a pulley belt wheel and a pulley belt guide (not need for the belt notches on one) that will hold the belt over the motor. This mount will be made to connect from the former Tekin shock mount done to the front nose tubes, providing stiffness.
The nose plate is a problem for the MIP bellcrank and I am looking for a Championship nose plate so that I can extend the nose out to solve this problem.
I like the shaft drive idea. As far as the ratio goes, I am unsure and havent counted teeth before.

I wish more people would try cool stuff like this as beautifull things arise. Like my Avante-Egress "AVAGRESS" chassis. Forgive the betrayal, I like to see unique rides, what can I say.

I have added some pics of the instructions as I know they are hard to find. Sorry I dont have a scanner, but the pics are of pretty good quality.

Sacrilegious!!

I am only human...

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Sweet project, but can you RESIZE those photos? Those things are killing my browser... at 72dpi, each one of those photos is 1.9 megs and 28" x 23"!!!!

I'm on a high speed connection and this thread absolutely chokes my computer (and has already crashed my browser once). PLEASE do something with those things!

:roll:

Chewbacca
Approved Member

jepeg resizer....

Post by Chewbacca »

hey mipkin you might wanna check out:

http://www.virtualzone.de/files/?product=resizer

it's a free and easy prog to resize pics. You might also want to turn the manuals into an upright position.

Chewie.
*** POWDER - KING ***

Chewbacca
Approved Member

Post by Chewbacca »

okay after downloading all the pics, I am a bit smarter. I didn't know that there was a kit FOR the stealth tranny, so there shouldn't be a problem ratio wise. How is that tekin active link? I guess you've eliminated that part with your rear shock tower. I think somebody here posted that the active link didn't handle that great anyway.

Keep us posted, Chewie.
*** POWDER - KING ***

mipkin

**RC10 "MIPKIN"** Update to My Update!

Post by mipkin »

Hi all. Sorry for the large pictures earlier. The images are now smaller and the instructions have the original large detailed image link above. I know the Tamiya body is a twist, I will be pure in the end when I get my Protech body painted and the KC's on it. Later. Mipkin.

Eau Rouge
Approved Member

Post by Eau Rouge »

Thank you!

Awesome project. Can't wait to see it finished.

mipkin

MIP REPRODUCTION LIST??

Post by mipkin »

I was thinkin cause thats all I do... What would it take... how many people would it take to pull a reproduction from MIP?? MIP has the molds and the knowledge.. I would guess.. but I dont want to speculate.. only a guess.. $320 per kit if 1000 of us want it that bad.. Double that if it were 500 gents and ladies.
I will look into... Cause RC10's rule.. Over Tam...um...to drunk to recall... :)
Late.
MIPKIN

Chewbacca
Approved Member

any progress??

Post by Chewbacca »

Hey MIPKIN,

are you making any progress on this great project? Can't wait to see final results.

Chewie.
*** POWDER - KING ***

mipkin

RC10 THAT KILLED THE MIPKIN =(

Post by mipkin »

Well it turns out that some things in life change... So the MIPKIN died, but to a worthy foe!
Check out my WORLDS RC10 4-10 LEGEND new built baby... for sale I might add...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220087430987&rd=1&rd=1